The ideal candidate will have previous security experience, and excellent customer service skills.
- Ensure all officers are competent to undertake their duties
- Following site specific procedures
- Liaise with clients in a polite and professional manner
- Managing a team of security officers
- Managing incident response & reporting
- Managing officer training, disciplinary and welfare issues
- Team Scheduling and Rosta patterns
- Ability to contribute to the team
- Ability to use the microsoft office suite
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Confident dealing with the public
- Previous Security Experience
- Previous Supervisory Experience
- SIA Licence – Door Supervision
- CCTV Licence Required
- First Aid at work certificate
- Previous Shopping Centre Security Experience
- Valid Full Driving Licence
In return, we offer a competitive salary, and excellent colleague benefits.
Supervisor / Team Leader
To work closely with the Security Manager/ Operation Managers and to carry out all administration tasks requested by VSG & Hammerson. Ensure all relevant documents are up to date and stored correctly in line with Data Protection legislation To provide clear and timely communication to all within the centre on key issues that affect the business operation and customer service delivery. Ensure that the interests of the centre, their Guests and retailers are fully protected at all times and conduct yourself accordingly, as their representative
Strong Verbal Communication Skills
Strong written communication skills
- Ensure the safe and secure operation of all operational activities on behalf of all stakeholders Ensure that all legislative and VSG / Compass operational procedures , Assignment Instructions and standards are applied to provide a consistent and safe service and product for all VSG / Compass employees and customers Ensure all relevant H&S Safety / Incident reports are entered onto Safeguard and closed within the required timelines All HSE incidents reported through the appropriate channels
Compiling reports for VSG & Hammerson as required / requested Provide senior management administration support. Collating information onto Safeguard and ensuring all incidents are investigated appropriately and closed down within the required timelines. Collating Incident reports. Providing a high standard of response to telephone and email enquiries. Compile in house filing system, detailing training records, sickness records etc. Ensure all Personnel files & Performance management related documents are scanned and sent to Colleague Support. Planning and inputting duties, sickness and holiday onto Role Call / Timegate and provide daily rota sheets. Arranging, recording and updating training matrix and forward planning to achieve the Hammerson Training Programme targets. Manage and monitor the team SIA licence status and renewals ensuring all persons are compliant to legislation at all times.
Updating Assignment Instructions when requested to do so. Reporting system faults on to Concept (the in-house maintenance program). Documenting minutes for all meetings. Complete weekly audit reports on all security activities within the centre and present to Contract Security Manager. Assist with providing continued training and coaching to all staff members to enhance performance and provide job enrichment. To assist in the recruitment process of all new staff for the centre security team. To assist in ensuring that all staff are site trained and have signed the Assignment and procedure Instructions. Ensure that complete and updated Assignment and procedure Instructions are being followed. Take detailed notes on any issues of a disciplinary/capability nature, ensuring that Company Procedures are carried out regarding any disciplinary and appeal incidents Ensure that all contractual requirements are properly fulfilled and if there is an issue or concern inform the Contract Security Manager.
To develop and maintain good working relations with applicable local agencies and services. To assist with management of key performance indicators and service level agreements. Any other reasonable request from management or client. Checking of all accident and Health and Safety reports. Essential Strong customer service skills Excellent analytical skills to critically evaluate the information gathered and prioritise activity and on going communication Excellent oral communicator Commercial awareness of cost implication for decision making implications Resourceful and creative, able to deliver proactive initiatives High level of computer skills, including Word and Excel Knowledge of working within a public space environment essential Has proven ability to contribute towards a team operation and can work on their own initiative Ability to communicate effectively and clearly at all levels within the organisation A comprehensive working knowledge of compiling reports and presentations. A decisive and assertive decision maker who can interpret situations to proceed with a prioritised action plan that achieves the results required Excellent report-writing and analytical skills with attention to detail Excellent organisational and time management skills A positive attitude to dealing with people and taking on challenge Excellent analytical skills to critically evaluate the information gathered and prioritise activity and on-going communication. Strong influencing skills to achieve business objectives. Desirable Previous Industry experience Experience of working in a Counter Terrorism environment and close working links with the Police and Security Services on such projects. Excellent oral communicator and proven ability in presenting information at a senior level.
Experience of working towards KPI s and SLA s Previous Retail experience Project Management Key Contacts and Working Relationships VSG Operational Management team Centre Security Team Centre Management Suppliers Retailers Members of the pubic Local agencies Central Head Office teams Support teams Person Specification Enthusiastic, motivational and dedicated Someone who takes the initiative and drives for results Strong commercial awareness Organised, able to make robust judgements and prioritise Honest, transparent and consistent Have a flexible approach with a can do attitude Excellent communication skills Able to communicate effectively and clearly at all levels within the organisation Excellent report-writing and analytical skills with attention to detail Excellent organisational and time management skills A positive attitude to dealing with people and taking on challenges
Administration : Administration
We are looking for highly talented and successful Account Director to join our growing and exciting business working in partnership with one of our prestigious clients. In this role you will be a field based Account Director you will take a leading stance and we are looking for an individual that can demonstrate the confidence, experience, drive, flexibility and determination to provide the highest standards of operational service throughout the UK. You will also possess the skills to motivate the staff to maintain the high standards required throughout the area.
Your ability to manage and direct the account will be critical to your success and that of VSG. You will enjoy leading from the front and drive performance through your account management skills. We are looking for a natural leader with the ability to motivate and develop others and commercial flair for maximising sales opportunities. Hands on and driven, you will inspire others with your passion for excellent account management. VSG have great opportunities for you to develop your career in security services and progress further up the ladder, this is an excellent time to join the UKs fastest growing security services organisation. The Role
- Act as the principle point of contact for the client regarding your account.
- Ensure all management information is accurate and professionally presented when required.
- Monitoring service levels and compliance to ensure delivery meets / exceeds the required standard were possible.
- Management of the resource requirements to prevent lost / untrained hours on the portfolio ensuring dedicated relief staff are effectively utilised.
- Ensuring teams are recruited, trained and performance managed in line with company guidelines and requirements whilst adhering to Company and legal procedures.
- Undertake out of hours on-call duties (on rotation|).
- Accountability for the profit and loss of the account.
- Empowers and supports the team to deliver a great service.
- Drive the contract service delivery for your account.
- Essential to have experience within a client facing role
- Essential to have experience in a people focussed role e.g. managing performance
- Must hold a valid non front line SIA licence as a minimum
- Previous people management experience including company procedures
- Working knowledge of employment legislation
- Health & Safety knowledge and experience
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and lead by example
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills
- Commercially aware with the business acumen to keep ahead of your competition and set VSG apart
- Stakeholder focussed approach
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft systems to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and the Internet
- Excellent attention to detail
- Committed to following procedures and ensuring tasks are fully completed
- A desire for continuous personal and professional development
- Must hold a full, clean driving licence
To apply for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus
- Company Car, Mobile Phone and Laptop
- Competitive holiday entitlement
- Life assurance
- Private Healthcare
- A wide range of discounts with selected companies
VSG has 7,000 employees and is the UK s fastest growing suppliers of security services to a variety of blue chip clients.
Our excellent service to our customers has allowed for market growth which means we continuously seek new and fresh talent to complement our current team as well as developing our people to reach their full potential.
Join our team and look forward to a challenging and rewarding role, with great results bringing great opportunity for recognition.
Read more here: Account Director – VSG