Discount Offers

Combat Trousers Security Bouncer Police Security Door Supervisor

£19.19
End Date: Tuesday Aug-22-2017 17:47:09 BST
Buy It Now for only: £19.19
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Security Patrol Police Army Cadet Boot Size 8

£35.99
End Date: Saturday Sep-16-2017 12:07:14 BST
Buy It Now for only: £35.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Combat Trousers Security Bouncer Police Security Door Supervisor

£19.19
End Date: Tuesday Aug-22-2017 17:47:09 BST
Buy It Now for only: £19.19
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Bomber Jacket Black Bouncer Security Door Supervisor

£35.99
End Date: Tuesday Aug-22-2017 17:26:22 BST
Buy It Now for only: £35.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list
0024323
Visit Today : 1
Visit Yesterday : 1
This Month : 22
This Year : 234
Total Visit : 24323
Hits Today : 3691
Total Hits : 2862510
Who's Online : 1

technical

Australia tightening security as police thwart air terror plot

Australia s prime minister, Malcolm Turnbull, said security had been increased at the country s airports after police foiled a terrorist plot to bring down a plane. Four men were arrested at the weekend following raids on homes in Sydney s suburbs . Security measures were extended to all major international and domestic terminals around Australia overnight. I can report that there has been a major joint counter-terrorism operation to disrupt a terrorist plot to bring down an airplane, Mr Turnbull said yesterday.

The operation is continuing. Australian Federal Police commissioner Andrew Colvin said details were scant on the specifics of the attack, the location and timing . In recent days, law enforcement has been become aware of information that suggested some people in Sydney were planning to commit a terrorist attack using an improvised devise, he said.

We are investigating information indicating the aviation industry was potentially a target of that attack. Mr Turnbull advised travellers in Australia to arrive at airports earlier than usual two hours before departure to allow for extra security screening. Justice minister Michael Keenan said the plot was the 13th significant threat disrupted by police since Australia s terror threat level was elevated in 2014. Five plots have been executed. The primary threat to Australia still remains lone actors, but the events overnight remind us that there is still the ability for people to have sophisticated plots and sophisticated attacks still remain a real threat, Mr Keenan said . In light of this information, it s very important that everyone in Australia remains vigilant.

The operation was carried out by the Australian Federal Police, New South Wales state police and the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation, the country s main domestic spy agency. The investigation could continue for days, Mr Colvin added Deakin University security expert Greg Barton said that the first plot to target aircraft in Australia, an aspiration of many extremists, was a pretty big threshold moment .

We believe it s Islamic-inspired terrorism, he added when asked if the Islamic State terror group was behind the plot.

The plotters were apparently making a peroxide-based explosive device similar to the bomb used at in Manchester Arena attack in England on 22 May.

Wireless Festival security at ‘highest level’ in wake of terror attacks in London

Organisers of this weekend s Wireless Festival1 have ramped up security following police advice after three London2 terror attacks

A huge swathe of the Finsbury Park3 in north London has been fenced off so music-lovers paying 60 a ticket can enjoy headline acts including Chance the Rapper, Skepta and The Weeknd. Tens of thousands of people are expected from this afternoon for the hugely popular urban music festival. And in light of three London terror attacks in recent months, in Westminster, London Bridge and Finsbury Park, extra security measures are in place.

They include metal detectors and sniffer dogs at all entry gates, while large bags have been banned. Tens of thousands of people attend Wireless Festival each day

Sergeant Andy Underwood, of the Counter Terrorism Focus Desk at Haringey Police, told the Standard: Officers in Haringey Borough have been in contact with the event organisers for the Wireless festival in Finsbury Park, and are aware of security measures they have put in place.

With the backdrop of the current threat level from terrorism, event organisers will have been given the latest protective security advice to keep their event as safe as can be.

In addition to the security provided by the event organisers there is an appropriate and proportionate policing plan in place to manage the increase in visitors to the local area as a result. Small bags are allowed into the festival with the dimensions W21cm x H30cm x D8cm.

The Weeknd is among this year’s headliners (Jemal Countess/Getty Images)

Organisers Festival Republic said following May’s Manchester terror attack: We have consulted with personnel at the very highest level and all the relevant police and security groups as we carry on with the preparation for this festival season.

The festival perimeter, arena, backstage and offsite areas are all robustly controlled and managed by security experts . Festivals are what we do.

The hundreds of staff working on these events know them inside out and have been working on them for many years . Your safety is our utmost concern.

Please review our Personal Safety section on the festival websites and if you have any major concerns please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Campaigners have previously called for the music festival to be axed after it was beset by rampaging gatecrashers in 2015.4

Police advise all those attending the festival to ensure they are familiar with the event organiser s security measures by visiting wirelessfestival.co.uk or following @WirelessFest

Wireless Festival Security At 'highest Level' In Wake Of Terror Attacks In LondonReuse content5

References

  1. ^ Wireless Festival (www.standard.co.uk)
  2. ^ London (www.standard.co.uk)
  3. ^ Finsbury Park (www.standard.co.uk)
  4. ^ have previously called for the music festival to be axed after it was beset by rampaging gatecrashers in 2015. (www.standard.co.uk)
  5. ^ Reuse content (www.standard.co.uk)

From barricades to bomb-sniffing dogs, Wimbledon ups its security

LONDON — Security protocol is nothing new at the All England Lawn and Tennis Club, but there will be heightened safety measures taken at Wimbledon over the next fortnight in light of the recent string of attacks in the United Kingdom. In Wimbledon Park, where there is usually a festival-like atmosphere as camping fans queue overnight, there will be a surrounding wall of waist-high concrete barriers. And with the threat of drive-up attacks still fresh in people’s minds after the Westminster Bridge, London Bridge and Finsbury Park atrocities, there will also be checkpoints in the roads surrounding the AELTC.

“It is just more security every year,” Wimbledon chief executive Richard Lewis recently told ESPN in the lead-up to the Grand Slam event. Metropolitan Police said over the past week there is no specific threat to The Championships, but police presence will be more visible . Armed officers, whom the public saw for the first time inside the Wimbledon gates last year, will be patrolling in and around the grounds . Extensive bag checks, fan searches, bomb-sniffing dogs and plainclothes officers will be further parts of the counter-terrorism effort.

  • Get the Wimbledon 2017 tennis tournament’s dates, TV schedule, news coverage, live scores and results on ESPN.

  • Defending Wimbledon men’s singles champion Andy Murray says he has spent more time with his physio to help loosen up his hip before his Grand Slam defense begins Monday.

  • With opening day comes possible jitters . Will Andy Murray and Venus Williams keep their cool and move along to the second round of Wimbledon?

2 Related

“It’s good to have a lot,” world No .

1 Angelique Kerber1 told reporters on Saturday. “There is much more security than the years before . I’m feeling safe . They are really taking this job very seriously.”

Metropolitan Police would not divulge official numbers to ESPN but said through a spokesperson that it was deploying a “significant number of resources to support the AELTC to deliver a really safe secure competition this year.” Last year’s security at Wimbledon was obvious to all . The national terror threat level was “severe” at that point, defining that an attack was highly likely . The danger is now again at that second-highest level after briefly being raised to “critical” earlier in the year. The British public, particularly in London, has faced many terror threats in the country’s history and has taken a defiant stance after this year’s attacks . Many major sporting events, including the FA Cup final, Champions League final and the ICC Champions Trophy in cricket, have taken place throughout the United Kingdom without incident or affected attendances since the bomb blast following an Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena in late May.

“For us in France, it’s the same,” world No .

16 Gael Monfils2 said at this past week’s Eastbourne tuneup tournament. “We had quite a lot of terrorist attacks . One in Nice, you know — I was there just a couple of days before . The threat is always there.

“I have a lot of friends that perform, artists, and all the time we talk about the terror threat, because for sure we have this in mind . It can happen; we need to live with that . The main thing is to not show any fear.”

With car-related terrorist attacks fresh in people’s minds in the UK, concrete barricades are also being used at Wimbledon Park campgrounds as an extra layer of protection for fans .

Leon Neal/Getty Images

Players inside the All England Club have consistently received a high level of protection, with security staff overseeing their entrances and accompanying them around public areas . They also have access to a network of underground tunnels between many of the courts, adding another safety layer. Wimbledon reported an operating profit of 42 million (just over $55 million U.S.) in the past year and pays for more protection than advised by security forces including the Metropolitan Police . It has tried to learn from previous terrorist atrocities and increased its initial, extensive security plan after the recent attacks. “It’s very understandable, and it’s expected after devastating events,” Novak Djokovic3 said last week from the Aegon International at Eastbourne. “The security levels in Grand Slams in general, especially the last few years, are very high. “The walk from the Centre Court to Aorangi Park, where we usually train, you have a choice whether you go underground or go between the people . Sometimes it’s nice just to go between the crowds . It lifts you up, gives you good energy and a good vibe.” Rafael Nadal4, another major contender at Wimbledon, said the recent attacks could cast a cloud over the national mood, but his response was one that may well be shared by the tennis public and the Wimbledon queue.

“We cannot stop; life continues,” the Spaniard said. “We need to keep going through our normal life .

If not, I think you are in bigger trouble.”

References

  1. ^ Angelique Kerber (www.espn.com)
  2. ^ Gael Monfils (www.espn.com)
  3. ^ Novak Djokovic (www.espn.com)
  4. ^ Rafael Nadal (www.espn.com)