Bond Street security alert causing severe delays on Jubilee line after ‘suspicious package’ reported
The Central and Jubilee line stop closed just before 2pm whilst Transport for London (TfL) dealt with a reported “suspicious package”. Travellers took to Twitter as they were evacuated, with one saying: “Currently a security alert at Bond Street tube station . Station evacuated and trains suspended.”
Another added: “Suspicious package at Bond Street – avoid all nearby underground lines.”
“The station has now re-opened.”
The force’s officers were accompanied by trained canines to track down any alerts whilst they checked the tube. One officer tweeted: “Dealt with station closure with help from BTP dogs Scooby.”
Security has been upped in London after the terror threat was increased to “very likely”. Deputy Mayor for policing and crime, Sophie Linden, said: “We know our emergency services do a great job every single day protecting our city.
Extra police have previously been stationed outside the London Underground after a bomb plot involving the Jubilee line was busted by armed policemen4 .
Click to play Tap to play
The video will start in 8Cancel
Video will play in
Extra police are at stations after a bomb scare
Keep up to date with the latest news in west London via the free getwestlondon app.
You can even set it to receive push notifications for all the breaking news in your area.
- ^ tube (www.getwestlondon.co.uk)
- ^ British Transport Police (www.getwestlondon.co.uk)
- ^ Transport for London (www.getwestlondon.co.uk)
- ^ a bomb plot involving the Jubilee line was busted by armed policemen (www.getwestlondon.co.uk)
- ^ App Store (itunes.apple.com)
- ^ Google Play for Android (play.google.com)
Last Updated: 23/12/16 8:56am
Melbourne Cricket Ground, which hosts the traditional Boxing Day Test
Cricket Australia has assured fans that security will be tight for the traditional Boxing Day Test in Melbourne. Australia will begin Monday’s second Test against Pakistan with a one-nil lead in the three-match series, which follows a foiled terror plot targeting prominent sites in Melbourne. Counter-terrorism police and Australia’s domestic spy agency in Victoria recently conducted overnight raids on homes in the suburbs of Melbourne where they arrested six men and a woman. With obvious concerns over the historic fixture, which starts on December 26, Cricket Australia’s chief executive James Sutherland said: “Our security team is in contact with the relevant authorities to ensure we have the appropriate level of security at the Boxing Day Test and other cricket matches being held around the country.
“The safety and security of our fans, players and officials attending any cricket match is our number one priority. “We applaud Victoria Police for their efforts this morning in neutralising the threat and we will continue to work with the relevant authorities to ensure the highest security standards and protocols are maintained.” Australia’s Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has praised counter-terrorism police for foiling the ‘Islamist terrorist plot’ planning to target iconic locations on Christmas Day1. He said: “This is one of the most substantial terrorist plots that have been disrupted over the last several years. “They have been thwarted . They are in custody .
They are no longer a threat to Australians’ security.
“What these criminals seek to do is to kill, but they also seek to frighten us, to cower us into abandoning our Australian way of life, they want to frighten and divide Australians.”
- Aim to add the maximum value to our products andservices
- Look for ways to redefine best practice
- Strive to do things better next time
- Ensure our customers receive the best possible value fortheir spend
- Never take even the smallest detail for granted
As a Contract Support Officer, your specific role is to provide general security of the site including some or all of the following:
- internal and external patrolling, which may include locking/unlocking premises
- access and egress control
- dealing with various emergency situations, including reportwriting and communicating with emergency services
- key control
- demonstrate an understanding of excellent customer care
- efficient reporting of loss, stolen and/or vandalisedequipment and/or property
- Comply with carrying out any other duties reasonablyrequested from your Line Manager
Must have valid SIA Door or Guarding License.
Must have full drivers license with own transport. First Aid desirable but not essential. Previous Security experience essential.
If you think that you are a suitable candidate for this role, please send a covering letter and CV to r obert.pettifer @securitas.uk.com
More: Contract Support Officer