Sam Allardyce admits that Crystal Palace 2and other clubs may need to be more aware of issues around security after the attack on Borussia Dortmund’s team bus this week. Three explosions damaged the German club’s bus on Tuesday, just hours ahead of their Champions League quarter-final tie with Monaco, which was postponed as a result and played on Wednesday instead. Dortmund defender Marc Bartra was injured in the incident, and required an operation after fracturing his wrist.
Since the attack, Premier League clubs have been reminded that the security threat level in the UK remains ‘severe’ and Allardyce was asked about security in football in his pre-match press conference ahead of Palace’s game with Leicester City tomorrow (Saturday).
READ MORE: Allardyce on how Crystal Palace have helped him get over England disappointment3 “The security at the football club will obviously take those matters up with the people they need to talk to, and find out what they may need to move forward and increase security. READ MORE: Crystal Palace boss on why being a footballer is scary these days4
“Maybe players and ourselves maybe should slightly be more aware in and around when football matches are being played on the basis of what happened at Dortmund.”
- ^ Comments (0) (www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk)
- ^ Crystal Palace (www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk)
- ^ Allardyce on how Crystal Palace have helped him get over England disappointment (www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk)
- ^ Crystal Palace boss on why being a footballer is scary these days (www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk)
Please read the advert prior to applying. NDST Ltd Ref: DS 020217 We are looking for Door Supervisors for bars in central London only.
The interviews will be held in central London every Tuesday and Wednesday, between 10am and 3pm. Info:
- Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
- Other shifts will be available when required by clients.
- Monthly Pay.
- No Agencies or Sub-contractors.
- Preferably based in London.
- No cash in hand.
- SIA Door Licence.
- 5-year checkable work history.
- Right to work in the U.K.
- Experience of working in bars or clubs as security for at least 2 years.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. (Will be tested at interview)
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team.
- Able to think on your feet.
- Able to follow client and company policies.
- Deal with incidents in a professional manner at all times.
If you believe you have what we are looking for please send a covering email and a cv that explains your security experience . If you don t have the experience listed above, please don t apply.
Once we have reviewed your cv we will contact you about an interview. Job Type: Part-time Salary: 11.00 /hour
- London, Greater London
- Secondary education
- Working in bars and clubs as security: 2 years
Required licence or certification:
- SIA Door Supervisor Licence
Bond Street security alert causing severe delays on Jubilee line after ‘suspicious package’ reported
The Central and Jubilee line stop closed just before 2pm whilst Transport for London (TfL) dealt with a reported “suspicious package”. Travellers took to Twitter as they were evacuated, with one saying: “Currently a security alert at Bond Street tube station . Station evacuated and trains suspended.”
Another added: “Suspicious package at Bond Street – avoid all nearby underground lines.”
“The station has now re-opened.”
The force’s officers were accompanied by trained canines to track down any alerts whilst they checked the tube. One officer tweeted: “Dealt with station closure with help from BTP dogs Scooby.”
Security has been upped in London after the terror threat was increased to “very likely”. Deputy Mayor for policing and crime, Sophie Linden, said: “We know our emergency services do a great job every single day protecting our city.
Extra police have previously been stationed outside the London Underground after a bomb plot involving the Jubilee line was busted by armed policemen4 .
Click to play Tap to play
The video will start in 8Cancel
Video will play in
Extra police are at stations after a bomb scare
Keep up to date with the latest news in west London via the free getwestlondon app.
You can even set it to receive push notifications for all the breaking news in your area.
- ^ tube (www.getwestlondon.co.uk)
- ^ British Transport Police (www.getwestlondon.co.uk)
- ^ Transport for London (www.getwestlondon.co.uk)
- ^ a bomb plot involving the Jubilee line was busted by armed policemen (www.getwestlondon.co.uk)
- ^ App Store (itunes.apple.com)
- ^ Google Play for Android (play.google.com)