We are looking for a security guard to join our team. The security officer must have valid SIA license, previous experience is preferable. Duties include being based at site entrance, patrolling on a regular basis, ensuring safe and secure environment at the premises and control access and egress.
Will be required to foot patrol every hour, log any observations and do relevant paperwork, liaise with emergency services if circumstances dictate. Immediate start available . Please ensure your mobile and telephone numbers are correctly written in your CV, otherwise we won’t be able to contact you and you will not be considered for this position.
Also please write the town that you live in so we have an idea of how close you are to the work position. Vetting process requires applicants to provide a continuous record of employment or history for 5 years or back to school leaving which ever is the shorter. Job Type: Permanent
Salary: 7.50 /hour
- Wembley Central Station
- Security: 1 year
Required licence or certification:
- SIA License
Visit link: Part-Time Nights and Weekend Security Guard
I’m looking to be able to work everywhere.
I’m just trying to evaluate what kind of certifications I can get from their training.
Phillips Auctioneers Ltd Phillips is an international auction house, conducting sales of 20th Century and Contemporary Art, Photographs, Design, Modern & Contemporary Editions, Jewels and Watches. Phillips is currently seeking a flexible, organised and motivated individual to fill a permanent, full-time, Security Door Host position in our Operations department.
As a Doorman you will become part of an exceptional service team that engages with our guests throughout their visit to us, providing anticipative, yet unobtrusive service. Reporting into the Security Manager, you will help deliver various tasks. You will be one of Phillips main points of contact, on hand to deal with queries, providing information on local services and giving directions for the surrounding areas.
- Ensuring the security and safety of all staff, contractors and working colleagues;
- Protecting the assets of Phillips by following recognised best practice techniques/procedures
- Ensuring the security and safety of the building
- Responding to emergencies and assisting with the evacuation and searching of the building by following all requirements of the site Emergency Response Procedures
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Maintaining a polite and effective meet and greet service to all staff and visitors, whilst strictly observing access control procedures
- Ensure that the prescribed unlock/lockdown procedures are conducted correctly at the start and end of each shift.
- Participating and contributing positively to the security team, by attending meetings and providing reports and recommendations on the activities of the security operation as required
- Showing commitment to Health & Safety and ensuring that you are familiar with all Phillips Health & Safety policies and procedures. Encouraging observance of all site security & safety policies in particular, ensuring that the access control, key control, smoking and Health & Safety policies are observed and enforced
- Performing verification checks of all the security equipment located within the areas of work ensuring that all systems are fully operational and where they are not, initiating corrective action
- Responding to all incidents in a timely and effective manner by directing the activities of all affected persons, aimed at all times to safeguard the assets of Phillips ensuring that direction from the Security Manager is sought where appropriate
- Maintaining all required records as directed by the Security Manager
- Reporting building/equipment fault reports and where appropriate escalating to the Facilities Manager
- Liaising with the Security Manager to ensure that adequate levels of security are maintained during the life of any event and completing any additional closedown checks that are required after the event has concluded
- Performing any other ad hoc duties as required
The ideal candidate will have a proven previous experience within a luxury brand/hospitality environment and experience of the correct use of security technology (integrated CCTV & alarms.) Punctuality, flexibility and a high standard of personal appearance are key to being successful in this role. You will have excellent verbal communication skills as well as the ability to communicate in a professional manner with a wide variety of people. You will also have the confidence to build strong working relationships and connect with international colleagues and clients visiting the auction house. The ideal candidate will be fluent within the English language and knowledge of other foreign languages is desirable. You should also have a valid SIA license. Excellent knowledge of Central London in terms of transport, services, restaurants/bars and attractions; particularly around Mayfair, Soho and the West End to ensure the highest quality service for our guests is desirable. Hours of work are 50hpw (08:30 to 18:30) with the requirement to work later some nights for events and some weekends during exhibition periods.
Closing Date : 12th March 2017 Job Type: Permanent Salary: 30,000.00 /year
Required licence or certification:
- SIA Door Supervisor Licence
Read more here: Security Door Host – Phillips Auctioneers Limited