Job Summary WOULD you be interested in working in an SIA role for JDAM Security at exciting events/ sites in Wales? We are recruiting for Casual Staff both male & female (SIA), so apply now for a chance to take up one of these positions. Casual Security Staff (SIA)
The hours of work available are varied and flexible.You will form an essential part of the venue safety management team, controlling entry and maintaining good order whilst being aware of and ensuring the absolute care, comfort and well-being of a range of audiences.We strive to achieve a high level of customer care and to ensure all customers receive a good experience and service. MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Screening a person’s suitability to enter the event or venue e.g. individuals under the influence of alcohol or drugs or demonstrating anti social behaviour.
- This includes those who are searching bags to ensure that there is no unauthorised access or any damage to property or injury to others.
- Searching of persons and/or property to prevent items that are unauthorised or illegal from entering the premises e.g.
cameras, alcohol, drugs or weapons.
- Responding to incidents within crowds, queues or the audience to control behaviour which is antisocial, undesirable or likely to result in harm to others.
- Ejecting individuals from a venue or event or designated area e.g. concert pit or backstage areas
- Protecting a pitch, track or other identifiable area from spectators or others with the intention of preventing damage to property or persons.
- Providing a security presence to prevent and detect crime within a designated area.
- Guarding a property and/or equipment in site during the setup and breaking down of, for example, an event or exhibition.
- Patrolling the perimeter of an event to prevent unauthorised entry gained by individuals, through the climbing or breaching of any fences or barriers, or through being let in via an access
Please note: You must be the holder of a current SIA Licence (Door Supervisor/Close Protection) for this role. Job Type: Security Officer : 9.00 – 12.00 /hour
- Various venues/sites throughout Wales
- High school or equivalent
- but does not matter if you don’t have experience:
Required licence or certification:
- Driver’s License
- SIA Door supervisors or Close protection license
Salary: 9 – 12.00 /hour
Read this article:
Security Officer – JDAM Security
The amount of money spent protecting MPs has increased by more than 2 million since the murder of Jo Cox, figures have shown. Information published by the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (IPSA) shows that 170,576.24 was spent on security assistance in 2015/16. This sum increased 15-fold to 2,550,954.22 in 2016/17, IPSA said. Ruth Evans, chair of the authority, said: “Following the tragic events of June 2016, there was a big increase in the total expenditure on security, rising to 2.5 million during this year.
“It is important that we take the security of MPs, and that of their families and their staff, very seriously.” IPSA said a standard package of security measures is available to all MPs that has been recommended by security advisers and the police. Enhanced measures can be offered to MPs upon recommendation by the police, the authority added. Ms Cox was murdered by right-wing extremist Thomas Mair as she arrived to host a surgery in her Batley and Spen constituency last June.
Earlier this year, a coat of arms was unveiled in Parliament to honour the Labour MP.
Inspired by her maiden speech, the plaque bears the motto “More in Common”, with elements to show off her love of rivers and mountains and her support for women, as well as four red roses to represent each of her family members, two red for Labour and two white for Yorkshire.
No Q. What area’s in the Security Industry are you interested in? A. CP, RST, Asset protection, High end events Q. What do you hope to get from the forum? A. Contacts through networking, work opportunities Q. Tell our members something about yourself? A.
Served for 7 years in the Royal Navy.
1 years marsec experience Been working in London on film premiers, High end hotels Talent handling and private parties Q. How did you find our website Close Protection World? A.
Through a friend on the circuit Q. Finally marksy1, please add anything else you like below and thankyou for your introduction …. A.
In date FPOSi and clean DBS and available for taskings
See the original article here:
marksy1 Introduction on 15th November 2017