Hope this makes you less grumpy today….. A guy sees a sign in front of a house: “Talking Dog for Sale.” He rings the bell and the owner tells him the dog is in the backyard. The guy goes into the backyard and sees a dog sitting there. “You talk?” he asks. “Sure do.” the dog replies. “So, what’s your story?” The dog looks up and says, “Well, I discovered my gift of talking pretty young and I wanted to help the government, so I told the CIA about my gift, and in no time they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders, because no one figured a dog would be eavesdropping.
I was one of their most valuable spies eight years running.” “The jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn’t getting any younger and I wanted to settle down. So I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security work, mostly wandering near suspicious characters and listening in. I uncovered some incredible dealings there and was awarded a batch of medals.” “Had a wife, a mess of puppies, and now I’m just retired.” The guy is amazed.
He goes back in and asks the owner what he wants for the dog. The owner says, “Ten dollars.” The guy says, “This dog is amazing. Why on earth are you selling him so cheap?” “Cause he’s a liar.
He didn’t do any of that sh*t!”
View the original here:
Colonel45155 this is for you.
We are looking for highly talented and successful Account Manager to join our growing and exciting business. In this role you will be a field based Account Manager you will take a leading stance and we are looking for an individual that can demonstrate the confidence, experience, drive, flexibility and determination to provide the highest standards of operational service throughout the South Region portfolio. You will also possess the skills to motivate the staff to maintain the high standards required throughout the area.
Your ability to manage portfolios will be critical to your success and that of VSG. You will enjoy leading from the front and drive performance through your account management skills. We are looking for a natural leader with the ability to motivate and develop others and commercial flair for maximising sales opportunities. Hands on and driven, you will inspire others with your passion for excellent account management. VSG have great opportunities for you to develop your career in security services and progress further up the ladder, this is an excellent time to join the UKs fastest growing security services organisation. The Role
- Act as the principle point of contact for the client regarding your designated sites.
- Ensure all management information is accurate and professionally presented when required.
- Monitoring service levels and compliance to ensure delivery meets / exceeds the required standard were possible.
- Management of the resource requirements to prevent lost / untrained hours on the portfolio ensuring dedicated relief staff are effectively utilised.
- Ensuring teams are recruited, trained and performance managed in line with company guidelines and requirements whilst adhering to Company and legal procedures.
- Undertake out of hours on-call duties (on rotation)
- Accountability for the profit and loss of the area.
- Empowers and supports the team to deliver a great service.
- Drive the contract service delivery for your designated sites.
- Essential to have experience within a client facing role
- Shopping Centre experience desired
Essential to have experience in a people focussed role e.g. Managing performance
Must hold a valid non front line SIA licence as a minimum
Previous people management experience including company procedures
Working knowledge of employment legislation
Health & Safety knowledge and experience
Demonstrate strong leadership skills and lead by example
Problem-solving and analytical skills
Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills
Commercially aware with the business acumen to keep ahead of your competition and set VSG apart
Stakeholder focussed approach
Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft systems to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and the Internet
Excellent attention to detail
Committed to following procedures and ensuring tasks are fully completed
A desire for continuous personal and professional development
Must hold a full, clean driving licence
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus
- Company Car, Mobile Phone and Laptop
- 25 days holiday entitlement
- Life assurance
- Private Healthcare
- A wide range of discounts with selected companies
VSG has 7,500 employees and is the UK s fastest growing suppliers of security services to a variety of blue chip clients.
Our excellent service to our customers has allowed for market growth which means we continuously seek new and fresh talent to complement our current team as well as developing our people to reach their full potential. Join our team and look forward to a challenging and rewarding role, with great results bringing great opportunity for recognition and promotion. We are proud to be awarded as Britain s Top Employers 2015 for the fourth consecutive year which recognises VSG excellence in the conditions we create for our people.
The ideal candidate will have previous security experience, and excellent customer service skills.
- Access and Egress Control
- Authenticating right of access
- Completing all necessary paperwork & reports
- Conducting internal patrols
- Ensure that health & safety information contained in the risk assessments are up to date
- Following site specific procedures
- Liaise with clients in a polite and professional manner
- Maintaining the highest standards of security
- Ability to contribute to the team
- Ability to use the microsoft office suite
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Attention to Detail
- Confident dealing with the public
- Customer Focussed Approach
- IT literate
- Previous Security Experience
- SIA Licence
- Strong Verbal Communication Skills
- Strong written communication skills
- First Aid at work certificate
- Health & Safety Qualifications
- Previous Corporate Security Experience
- Valid Full Driving Licence
In return, we offer a competitive salary, and excellent colleague benefits.
Security Officer : Security