The overall purpose of this unique role is make sure the reception is run in an orderly manner and
guarantee security measures are enforced to keep our properties and staff safe at all times.
Reporting directly to the Head of Facilities, you will be responsible for ensuring all members of staff
and visitors to Cond Nast are greeted efficiently with a high level of customer service, act as the
switchboard overflow outside of normal business working hours as well as keeping the reception
tidy. A key duty in this role is to liaise with the Facilities team on a daily basis regarding all aspects
of Health and Safety, cleaning and to continually look for improvements in these areas.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the world’s largest magazine publishers in a front of
house capacity. Key Duties & Responsibilities
Greet staff and visitors to Cond Nast efficiently with a high level of customer service.
Act as the switchboard overflow outside of normal business working hours.
Keep the reception tidy.
Liaise with the Facilities team on a daily basis regarding all aspects of Health and Safety and cleaning.
Essential Skills & Requirements
Proven reception / front-of-house and customer service experience is essential.
Applicants should be computer literate with a high level of verbal and written communication skills.
SIA License holder, Fire Marshall training and/or First Aid training is advantageous but not essential.
Read the original:
Introduction: Established in 1994, Axis Security has grown to become one of the UK s leading security companies. Axis Security offers a wide range of professional security services which include manned guarding, reception services, mobile patrols, key holding, remote monitoring, and security systems.
Axis Security has been named Security Guarding Company of the Year at the 2011, 2013 and 2014 Security Excellence Awards (SEA) years. Axis Security also won the award for ACS Champion of the year in 2013 for its commitment to raising standards and creating a safer environment. We are an Equal Opportunities employer and abide by the Working Time Directive .
Job Title and Location: Senior Security Supervisor, Westfield, London, W2 Role Purpose:
To protect our client s premises from criminal activity and to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all those within by protecting them from verbal and physical abuse. Role Requirements: We seek to fill this post early January 2015
Circa 11.96 per hour Paid monthly Working 45 hours per week – 08:30 17:30 or 09:30 18:30 hours, Monday to Friday.
Shifts might change to meet the needs of the business. This role is at our client s site in Westfield, London, W2. This client provides a first class service in the fashion industry, providing exceptional quality to its customers.
Our Security Supervisors are required to comply with the Assignment Instructions to provide a safe and secure environment. They must show a high visibility security presence, but also have a warm friendly welcoming manner to all who attend the site. As such, we are seeking a smart, professional Senior Security Supervisor / Receptionist for our client s site.
This is a great opportunity for an extremely organised, efficient individual. The role will be to deliver a friendly and effective service to all visitors and staff while maintaining the security of our Westfield office. Additionally, you will be responsible for ensuring that the reception area is maintained to reflect the client s brand at all times.
Specific Duties: Reception & Security
– Proactively deliver a secure environment for staff, visitors and stock at our Westfield office.
– Maintain the access system and associated data base of staff at Westfield.
– Issues Passes for new starters.
– Carry out security risk assessment of the operation at Westfield and resolve the actions from this report with the help of the Facilities Manager.
– Test the fire are security systems and record the finding in a clear and logical manor.
– Check fire exits and fire doors are clear and in good working order and record the finding in a clear and logical manor.
– Keep logs of all issues and review all over night logs regarding security.
– Organise temporary cover for security in the office where required.
– Monitoring and accessing CCTV where required.
– To build and maintain a good working relationship with Westfield Security.
– Always greet visitors and staff with a warm welcome.
– Answer a high volume of telephone calls and queries quickly and efficiently. Pass messages quickly via email or in person (where required as part of the reception team).
– Ensure the reception area and meeting rooms are tidy (fresh flowers, clean coffee table, tidy reception desk area).
– To cover reception desk at all times and ensure there is adequate cover when you are required to attend meetings.
– Help distribute post with the post team and ensure the outgoing post is ready for collection by 4pm daily (when required).
– Book couriers and maintain a register.
– Control availability on all meeting rooms and help with meeting room re-sets and checks.
– To provide ad hoc administrative assistance to the Senior Executive Assistant and Facilities Manager as requested.
General Office Management
– Ensure that main office and stationery room are kept tidy of clutter.
– Involvement in Office Health & Safety ensuring relevant risk assessments are submitted.
– Keep a register of H&S skills, fire marshals and first aiders.
– Liaise with building manager, maintenance, cleaners and telephone co, as needed.
– Liaise with external contractors to ensure the smooth entry into our office via Westfield Access Control.
– Ensure staff notice boards are updated with correct information.
– Act as a fire warden and following suitable training, to act as a first aider and maintain the accident book.
– Prepare weekly management report packs for Senior Management meetings when requested.
– Booking Taxi’s for Manager and Exec Manager.
– To help with any other reasonable request from the business or manager. To be suitable for this role you must meet all of the following criteria: – SIA Licences Either Door Supervisor / Close Protection and CCTV
– Previous reception experience is required ideally in a luxury brand or hotel environment
– The successful candidate must be personable, efficient and have the ability to use their initiative
– Excellent at multi-tasking with organisational skills second to none
– Competent user of Excel, Word and Outlook
– Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly improve the service to the business
– Good verbal and written communication skills
– Excellent eye for detail and high level of discretion
– Be able to use judgment and seek guidance with confidential issues
– Proven ability to work to stringent deadlines
Documentation that must be provided by the applicant upon request: – SIA Licence(s)
– Passport or full birth certificate
– Visa (if relevant)
– Bank Statements with account number, sort code and address
– Proof of address (such as a utility bill)
– Proof of National Insurance Number
– Details of 2 personal references (that must not be relatives or live at the same address) Please read very carefully as before applying for this role you must:
1. Be confident that you will be able to undertake 100% of all the specific duties.
2. Meet ALL of the criteria listed in this advertisement.
Partial compliance is not acceptable.
3. Ensure your CV evidences your skills, qualities and career history that make you suitable for this role.
4. Be able to provide all the documentation and vetting information when requested.
Send your CV and any relevant cover letter if you wish to be considered for this role and ensure you type: SECLONJAN2811 in the Subject Line of any email you send.
Assume that if you have not heard anything within a month of your initial contact then you have not been successful on this occasion.
Thank you for expressing your interest in working for Axis Security.
Read this article:
Senior Security Supervisor
Axis Security has agreed a new partnership with Evolution (Electronic Security Systems) Ltd. Axis Security already offers electronic security and has its own remote video response centre (RVRC) in Yorkshire. Evolution has offices in London, Birmingham, Edinburgh and Dublin. Founded in 1996 by John Wust and Richard Lambert and still privately owned, Evolution has become an IT-centric installer, delivering IP-based systems and helping customers migrate from the old analogue to the new.
Jonathan Levine, pictured, Axis Group Chief Executive, said that the new agreement was a logical path for the business to take: Partnering with a specialist such as Evolution, with an established track record for excellence, will further strengthen our electronic security capabilities and help us meet an increasing demand from our clients for a more holistic approach to help reduce costs, minimise risk and optimise protection where required, he said.
Richard Lambert, Director of Evolution, agreed: Our two companies are well matched in our market approach, professional standards and in our mutual desire to provide best-in-class services. Working with Axis Security will support us in our ambition to deliver high-technology security solutions to a wider number of commercial clients, and enhance our service delivery to our own client base to include manned guarding.
About Axis Security
Established in 1994, Axis Security offers services that include manned guarding, reception services, mobile patrols, keyholding, remote monitoring and electronic security systems.