Company Car, Laptop, Phone and other associated equipment provided. Working approximately 40 hours per week, this role requires a fully qualified trainer across a variety of disciplines with front line experience in civilian security ideally with corporate experience who is based around the home counties with easy access to London yet willing and able to travel across the UK as required. This role includes staying away from home on occasions. An excellent communicator at all levels with a flexible attitude is required. They will have the confidence and drive to manage their own workflows and the character to work within a strongly led team. They will be commercially aware in their client interactions and able to reflect the culture of our business positively at all times. They will be able to engage with cleaning, security front of house staff and build strong relationships in support of the training strategy. They will be aware of the challenges that operational managers face and support the team through the delivery and management of training events, both formal qualifications and bespoke courses. A willingness to learn and professionally develop is essential from an attitude perspective.
The appropriate person will be expected to attend internal and external training courses that will advantage and increase the businesses portfolio of course offerings and credibility.
- Delivery of SIA Licence linked training courses nationwide
- Courses to include: Security Officer, CCTV Operations, Door Supervision including upskilling and Physical Intervention to national standards.
- Delivery of other staff training courses relevant to the business and client needs including but not limited to: Retail Security, Report Writing, Counter Terrorism, Use of Radios, Customer Service, Conflict Management, Banksman, Health and Safety, Fire Safety, Manual Handling.
- Maintenance of learner records and administration of courses including updating the training matrix
- Controlling and managing training equipment and course materials
- Liaison with Awarding Bodies on learner registrations and certifications
- Client facing duties including learning needs analysis
- Performing site based officer appraisals for training needs
- Supporting research for future course development
Desired Skills & Experience:
Essential criteria to meet:
- Computer literate Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Internet
- Ability to collate data and create professional client reports
- Ability to create reliable risk assessments for training environments / activities
- Understanding best practice in both security operations and learning delivery
- Research skills
- Adult Teaching Qualification (Level 3 AET, Level 4 CET, Level 5 DET, Cert Ed or equivalent)
- IQA and TAQA or equivalent
- Conflict Management Trainer certification
- Physical Intervention Instructor QCF certificate
- In Date Physical Intervention Training System Elite, McCormack, Maybo or ICM preferred
- Health and Safety Level 3 / 4, IOSH Managing Safely or NEBOSH Certificate
- Door Supervision Level 2
- CCTV Operations Level 2
- First Aid qualification
- Full clean driving licence
Desirable criteria to meet:
- NVQ in PSS or Security Practitioner
- First Aid Trainer Qualification
- Fire Safety Trainer Qualification
- Customer Service Trainer Qualification
- Manual Handling Trainer Qualification
- Banksman Trainer Qualification
- Any level 3 or above management qualification
- Project Griffin
- Front Line SIA Licence
Read the original:
National Safety, Security and Front of House Trainer
Doncaster JOB PROFILE NAME:
Security Officer (30 hours per week) LINE MANAGED BY:
Facilities Service Manager
PROFESSIONALLY REPORTS TO:
Facilities Service Manager ROLE OVERVIEW Reporting to the Facilities Service Manager, the role of Security Officer involves working with a team of security guards to provide an efficient and professional security service to everybody on site. This is a permanent opportunity working various shifts and totalling 08 hours per week. PURPOSE OF THE JOB The Security Guard is responsible for ensuring that all staff and visitors are in a safe and secure environment. KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB * Provide a professional, efficient, and approachable security service whilst maintaining a high level of customer service to staff and visitors at all times.
* Carry out internal and external patrols, day and night to ensure a safe and secure environment, recording maintenance issues, potential breaches of security or unusual occurrences in the Daily occurrence book .
* To provide visitors to BT, with helpful advice, guidance and information and if not able to do so, direct to other members of staff who can assist.
* Ensure that those who should not be granted access to the building are professionally and politely prevented from gaining access or escorted from the building.
* Provide support in an emergency or evacuation situation, in a calm and professional manner. Actively provide information to any emergency services when requested to do so.
* As part of the team undertake regular testing of fire alarms and other security equipment, completing the appropriate logs, and notifying the Facilities Service Manager of any issues of malfunctioning equipment.
* Ensure and regularly check that all fire exit doors are maintained free of obstructions, reporting any defects or maintenance issues as appropriate.
* Monitor and respond immediately to alarm system activations to check designated areas of concern.
Effectively use the PA system to notify BT staff and patrons of situations or actions required of them.
* Ensure that BT s CCTV system is professionally, effectively and sensitively monitored in compliance with BT s agreed standards.
* Conduct individual bag or property searches, if directed to do so by the Security Manager or other senior manager.
* Ensure the effective control and maintenance of keys and security equipment including any equipment e.g. radios.
* Conduct routine security administration including the issue of staff and visitor passes. Ensure that any lost property left is securely stored, recorded and retrieved for the owner where appropriate.
* Maintain all security related equipment and working areas to a high standard of cleanliness and safety and ensure all defects are reported.
* Complete relevant records and log books, in a professional manner providing sufficient detail.
* Where necessary assist in the removal or escort of members of the public from the building where their behaviour is disruptive or presents a risk to others.
* Support and comply with the Fire, Health and Safety, and Security policies and procedures.
* Undertake first aid training and provide first aid services to staff, visitors or patrons as requested.
* Working with a Building Service Technician or Fire Officer, carry out the evacuation of people from lifts, to minimise panic and ensure the safety of all concerned.
* Assist in the induction and training of new members of the team.
* Deal with any suspicious packages, maintaining own and others safety and dealing with these in accordance with BT procedures.
* Actively maintain the confidentiality of information to which Officers will be privy, be this around individuals or security sensitive information in relation to the Building, and using appropriate language, particularly within the public door working environment.
* Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Security Manager, Facilities Manager and/or BT management.
* Adhere to company policies, including PPE Procedures
* May be required from time to time to support the FM team
* The colleague must understand their environmental responsibilities and follow the BTFS environmental policy. They must follow BTFS procedures and routines correctly to make sure that their work is in line with the environmental policy and support the business in achieving its environmental objectives. OPERATIONAL ACCOUNTABILITIES Typically:
* Responsible for the completion of a variety of straightforward, stand-alone tasks or high-volume transactions within set rules and instructions
* Takes instruction and will be subject to regular local supervision of progress against results and escalates issues when required
* Likely to be a member of a team that focuses on day-to-day routine tasks
* Responsible for the delivery of their own defined set of work including planning and decision-making
* Interacts with stakeholders around specific work efforts and deliverables
* Supports delivery of Health and Safety policy and standards
* Plays a role in a One Team approach, assisting other departments when possible
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTABILITIES Typically:
* Has awareness of cost/benefit as applicable to tasks performed PEOPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
* Not typically responsible for supervising others- if they do, spends more than 80% of time as a team member rather than supervisor
* Not responsible for the development of others KNOWLEDGE AND APPLIED SKILLS Typically:
* Able to perform role to the required standard within a short period after completion of training
* Current first aid certificate from a recognised Institution
* Current SIA essential
* Capable of using the Microsoft Office packages (Work, Excel, Outlook) and generally IT literate with knowledge of electronic security systems. BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES Typically: People Success Factors:
* Planning & Organising
* Building Relationships
* Delivery through People
* Business Awareness
* Customer Focus
* Contributing to Continuous Improvement
* Dealing with Change
* Be customer focused with a smart presentable appearance and willing to uphold the BT s customer service approach
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent inter-personal skills
* Security experience preferably as part of an in-house team
* Ability to maintain a sense of calm and control in difficult situations, minimising panic in others
* Reliable with excellent timekeeping
* Ability to use initiative and be adaptable
* Self-motivated with a willing and friendly approach
* Willingness to undertake a flexible shift pattern, to include night shifts in accordance with BT Sport s roster
* Ability to respond appropriately to alarms
* A good knowledge and appreciation of current security environments, the potential risks and threats and actions to mitigate these
ADDITIONAL ROLE INFORMATION * To liaise daily with your Line Manager reporting to them any information relevant to the provision of the service
* Good communication skills
* Understanding of security specification
* Ability to work as a team
* Health and Safety awareness Other Responsibilities
* To perform any other duties which may be reasonably required by your Line Manager or the company He/she may be required to attend any training at the company s request. TO APPLY
If you are interested in being considered for the vacancy, attach a copy of your CV and send to The HR Resourcing Team, Rachel.email@example.com Tel: 0207 356 8941
All details are provided for guidance only, and do not necessarily limit the responsibilities and accountabilities of the job.
Employment terms are provided within offers of employment.
See the original article here: Security Officer – Doncaster
TITLE Security Officer REPORTING TO
Customer Service / Regional Manager All officers will be familiar with the Tenants Handbook, Assignment Instructions and Emergency Procedures and have received three days on site training.
All Officers will report in the first instance to their Supervisor or Manager. Reception Duties: Meet and greet, check appointment, ID, issue passes, record visit, contact host, send guest to host, log out visitors on leaving. Access Control: Meet and greet, send visitors and contractors to correct reception, check ID. Allow access to authorised persons only. Patrols: Patrol the internal and external parts of the building as directed and report damage, faults, poor housekeeping, suspicious activity, dangerous activity (stop where possible). Complete relevant paperwork. Searches: Search as directed persons entering or leaving the building. Complete search register. First Aid: Give First Aid assistance where necessary or as directed.
Complete paperwork. Emergencies: Assist either as directed or automatically (written carried instructions) in response to alarms and voice commands in cordons, searches, Evacuations, assembly point coordination. Control Room Duties
CCTV: Check system is recording and view at regular intervals. Record and report faults and indecencies. DOB: Record staff times on/off duty, patrol, check calls, incidences, visits, problems, handover. Keys and Radios: Keep register, record and report faults. Access Control: Contractors Entrance, Loading Bay, Car Park. Contractors: Keep register, check permit, induct contractors, issue passes. Fire Panel: Check panel, record and report faults, Fire Alarm and Tannoy test weekly. Emergencies: Assist as directed or automatically (written instructions) in response to alarms and voice commands in emergencies and record all times and facts. Systems : Use and maintain as directed Telephone, BMS Computer System, Lift Monitoring System, Police Incident Pager systems.
Job Type: Full-time
- Aberdeen, Aberdeen City
- Security: 1 year
Required licence or certification:
Continue reading here: Relief Security Officer with SIA