In this role, you will ensure the efficient and safe operation of all services within the contract supplied by OCS as well as supporting the local Facilities Manager in managing all services required on any given site. This is to include any peripheral services supplied to the client such as window cleaning, pest control, hygiene or any other service provided by OCS, as well as those services offered by any other onsite service providers.
The role requires a close alignment to the client’s equivalent Service Manager, and working in conjunction must ensure that the running of the portfolio is seamless in terms of the Property & Facilities Service delivery and ensure support is provided where requested. This requires strong and effective relationships to be forged on all sites within remit and ensure that collaborative working is at the forefront of the delivery.
You will provide a quality service delivery to all customers in accordance with company procedures ensuring effective and adequate financial forecasting, budgeting and analysis of direct cost and overhead.
- To ensure Property & Facilities (P&F) services are delivered effectively and are aligned to agreed contractual outputs and customers needs.
- To support P&F delivery functions as required to ensure that customer needs are met.
- To manage local customer relationships.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the delivery of all services in your specific area to provide consistently high levels of performance that meet contractual obligations to customers and the strategic objectives of the Division
- Having P & L accountability for your area of operation and ensuring that it is managed within budget, ensuring that maximum revenue and forecast gross margin are achieved
- Communicating clearly and positively with staff at all levels to create a focus on business goals and build an environment where all staff are valued for their contribution
- Building a network of close partnerships with customers in the area, developing strong account management and encouraging multi-level relationships between all services, teams and customer teams
- Liaising with other Facilities Managers to ensure high levels of staff motivation and productivity, increasing staff retention
- Liaising with OCS internal and external statutory bodies to ensure compliance with OCS and industry regulations with particular emphasis on ISO quality systems and health & safety.
- Recruiting, developing and if necessary, managing the performance of all onsite operational management to deliver OCS and customer requirements within the Area.
- You will need to be highly literate and numerate (essential) ideally to degree level or equivalent
- Preferably BICS qualified
- To have an SIA Licence, non front line (desirable)
Work experience/Personal attributes
- Significant management experience operating within a multi site / service sector environment
- Proven track record in delivering effective customer service whilst maintaining appropriate operating margins
- Previous experience of engaging and managing a large, diverse workforce
- Thorough working knowledge of current cleaning techniques and security operations
- Self-motivated and results orientated with effective inter personal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload and delegate effectively to direct reports
- Ability to have difficult conversations with staff in a constructive fashion
- Willingness to travel across Scotland and Ireland
Visit site: Service Manager – OCS
Job Summary We are seeking a professional Security Officer to work 48 hours plus, per week, at a static site in Llanybydder. The role is to ensure the safety of our Client’s property and staff, while maintaining a presence on site.
Candidates will be required to work as part of the sites shift rota. The nature of the role will require weekend and night time working. Duties include: Site patrols, access and egress, report writing and other associated tasks.
Candidates must hold a current SIA Licence. You must also be able to provide a full checkable 5 year work or back to school history. Job Type: Full-time
Salary: 7.50 /hour
- Security: 1 year
Required licences or certifications:
- Driving License
Read more here:
Security Officer – Chamberlains Security
Wilson James is a leading provider of safe, secure, customer-led solutions to more than 300 clients across the UK and Europe. We have been raising standards for 25 years across three core service lines; security, construction logistics and business services. Security Officer
Aberthaw, South Wales Zero hours/relief cover 7.67 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Thursday 9th November 2017 Wilson James are recruiting for a Security Officer for a pan-European energy company who have one of the largest power portfolios in the world. This role is responsible for the delivery of a range of security services that include patrolling, key issue, monitoring of alarms and CCTV, staff welfare, reception and switchboard and the lock up of the Aberthaw estate.
Duties to include (but are not limited to):
- Maintain a polite, courteous, and friendly manner towards the public, the client, and colleagues
- Make rounds of inspection at fixed intervals and reports in by means of radio or other devices
- Monitor and respond to CCTV and Intruder/Access Alarms
- Prevent the admittance to the premises of unauthorised persons
- Report damage to perimeter fencing or other property or buildings which compromise security
- Remain alert and vigilant to activity on the site to ensure risks are minimised through prompt action, end to end investigation and reporting
- Investigate suspicious persons or vehicles immediately, report to the Supervisor and Police when the situation is perceived an emergency
- Investigate fire alarm activations as per site procedure
- Monitor and control access to site during emergency
- Receive, direct and escort emergency services and other offsite parties
- Maintain a healthy and safe place of work, ensuring all posts are in a clean and tidy condition at all times
This role requires a good level of computer literacy and excellent communication skills. A valid SIA Security licence is essential, along with a driving license. An SIA CCTV licence and first aid certificate would be desirable.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: 7.67 /hour
Required licences or certifications:
- SIA Licence