We have a role for an experienced Security Officer to join our team working a 7-day fortnight shift pattern, 6am to 6pm. To serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifies company personnel of visitor arrival; maintains security and telecommunications system. Main duties include:
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer’s instructions for house phone and console operation.
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers.
- Working as part of a team to provide Conflict Resolution assistance at premises where there is potential for conflict
- A valid front line SIA License or current certificate of completion of SIA front line training.
- Ideally holds a valid First Aid Certificate.
- Some experience of working within a Facilities environment.
- Ability to use initiative when required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in all Microsoft packages Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Flexible in approach and responds positively to working under pressure.
- Professional/smart appearance
Job Type: Full-time
Required licence or certification:
We are looking for highly talented and successful Account Manager to join our growing and exciting business. In this role you will be a field based Account Manager you will take a leading stance and we are looking for an individual that can demonstrate the confidence, experience, drive, flexibility and determination to provide the highest standards of operational service throughout the South Region portfolio. You will also possess the skills to motivate the staff to maintain the high standards required throughout the area.
Your ability to manage portfolios will be critical to your success and that of VSG. You will enjoy leading from the front and drive performance through your account management skills. We are looking for a natural leader with the ability to motivate and develop others and commercial flair for maximising sales opportunities. Hands on and driven, you will inspire others with your passion for excellent account management. VSG have great opportunities for you to develop your career in security services and progress further up the ladder, this is an excellent time to join the UKs fastest growing security services organisation. The Role
- Act as the principle point of contact for the client regarding your designated sites.
- Ensure all management information is accurate and professionally presented when required.
- Monitoring service levels and compliance to ensure delivery meets / exceeds the required standard were possible.
- Management of the resource requirements to prevent lost / untrained hours on the portfolio ensuring dedicated relief staff are effectively utilised.
- Ensuring teams are recruited, trained and performance managed in line with company guidelines and requirements whilst adhering to Company and legal procedures.
- Undertake out of hours on-call duties (on rotation)
- Accountability for the profit and loss of the area.
- Empowers and supports the team to deliver a great service.
- Drive the contract service delivery for your designated sites.
- Essential to have experience within a client facing role
- Shopping Centre experience desired
Essential to have experience in a people focussed role e.g. Managing performance
Must hold a valid non front line SIA licence as a minimum
Previous people management experience including company procedures
Working knowledge of employment legislation
Health & Safety knowledge and experience
Demonstrate strong leadership skills and lead by example
Problem-solving and analytical skills
Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills
Commercially aware with the business acumen to keep ahead of your competition and set VSG apart
Stakeholder focussed approach
Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft systems to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and the Internet
Excellent attention to detail
Committed to following procedures and ensuring tasks are fully completed
A desire for continuous personal and professional development
Must hold a full, clean driving licence
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus
- Company Car, Mobile Phone and Laptop
- 25 days holiday entitlement
- Life assurance
- Private Healthcare
- A wide range of discounts with selected companies
VSG has 7,500 employees and is the UK s fastest growing suppliers of security services to a variety of blue chip clients.
Our excellent service to our customers has allowed for market growth which means we continuously seek new and fresh talent to complement our current team as well as developing our people to reach their full potential. Join our team and look forward to a challenging and rewarding role, with great results bringing great opportunity for recognition and promotion. We are proud to be awarded as Britain s Top Employers 2015 for the fourth consecutive year which recognises VSG excellence in the conditions we create for our people.
First point of contact for customer and tenant enquiries and complaints
Site patrols identifying H&S, cleaning, maintenance and security issues
Monitoring and manage front of house staff on a day to day basis
Incident management, investigation and reporting
Daily Duty Manager reporting to the Centre Management team
Rostering and payroll in conjunction with Soft Service Manager
Attend weekly centre management meeting
First line disciplinary management
Soft services KPI audits
Soft services budget reporting in conjunction with Soft Service Manager
Procedural reviews and amendment recommendations Key Accountabilties:
The following key accountability areas are a given requirement. The list is not exhaustive and should not act to constrain the job holder from working within a wider brief if necessary in order to achieve the requirements of the job role.
Responsibility for Security and Cleaning services at The Grafton Centre
Drive performance of team
Managing, training, disciplining and mentoring the onsite facilities support team
Monitoring of contractor s SLAs and KPIs
Liaise with Soft Service Manager regarding development and identification of budgets
Monitor spending against budget and forecast
Undertake centre Duty Manager responsibilities
Ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation
Regular client update meetings
Support services contract reviews
Liaison with client
Responsible for own administration
The job holder will have joint control of a direct budget. What we are looking for Good experience of working within a customer facing environment is a requirement for this position along with exceptional man management skills.
Specific competencies within this general requirement include the following:
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Excellent organisational and influencing skills
Experience at Management level
Security Industry Authority (SIA) training and licence
Relevant H&S Qualification (IOSH, NEBOSH etc)
Excellent IT literacy skills in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPointMust be able to work on own initiative with a proactive and flexible attitude
Ability to multi task and prioritise
Must have a smart appearance Additional Information
45 hours per week, working a shift pattern including weekends
25 days annual leave
Closing date: 17th March 2017
See the original article here: Soft Services Coordinator