Guy Henderson, CEO of Ascot, says racegoers will experience “extensive bag, dog and physical searches” at the annual event. The race meeting is attended by The Queen2 and senior members of the royal family every day. In a statement he also warned that there will be a “stronger armed and uniformed police presence.”
The new measures have been introduced because he says the safety of revellers is paramount.
Royal Ascot: racegoers will see an increased security presence (Julian Herbert/Getty Images)
In a statement Mr . Henderson said, “There will be more extensive dog, bag and physical search procedures for everyone at all the racecourse entrances and you will notice a stronger armed and uniformed police presence throughout the site and the vicinity.
“The safety of all our racegoers is paramount and you can be assured that the racecourse works extremely closely at all times with the Police, the Security Services and our specialist advisers in implementing the appropriate security measures for your protection.”
He added: “It is inevitable that access to the racecourse this year will take longer.
“Please be prepared for this and allow sufficient time . Please also bear in mind that if you exit at any stage, you will need to pass through security to re-enter.”
And he urged racegoers not bring unnecessary bags or luggage into the racecourse. Luggage storage facilities will be provided outside of the course enclosures.
“We ask for your understanding, patience and cooperation with us and that you also inform your guests and party members of this update.
“We also ask for your vigilance on matters of security . If you see or hear anything suspicious, please bring it immediately to the attention of the Police or our Stewards,” Mr Henderson said.
Ascot Racecourse s website will contain updates on security.
I am looking for a British PSO to become part of the security team on board a 120+m Yacht This is a very prestigious new build with a great crew. Security duties and some light deck duties. Military background is a must and previous yacht experience is an advantage.
STCW95 ENG1 Experience in driving tenders would be a huge advantage Please send CV’s and Cover letters to : email@example.com Kind Regards, Chris
British PSO 120+m Yacht
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a full time Security Concierge to join Kingdom in the Pimlico area. We offer full time role On Average 48 hours per week
Shifts : days and nights including weekends: 07.00 – 19.00 and 19.00 – 07.00 We are looking for experienced SIA licenced security concierge to conduct all security/ concierge duties at the large residential development in South West London – Pimlico area (SW1) In return we offer a company award scheme, optional work place pension, career progression and access to a substantial free online training academy for professional development.
- Deal with the effective management of visitors to the building.
- Conduct patrols of the building to ensure it is safe and secure.
- Complete any necessary
- Answering and dealing with any telephone calls.
- Being the first respondent for any emergency situations that may arise
- Control of access to premises
- Issue keys to secure areas to authorised personnel
- Operate and monitor site CCTV system
- Manage Reception desk, Manage visitors to site with signature
- Monitor car parks.
- Record site Incidents (DOB and IR Reports)
- Alarm Response: Investigation and Write Reports
- A valid SIA licence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good IT skills
- A full five year checkable employment history
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable
- Have a good level of judgement professionalism
- Be of smart appearance
- Enthusiastic and willing to develop new skills
- Good level of physical fitness
- Understand laid down procedures
- Methodical organised approach to work
- Can work unsupervised
- Flexible approach to work
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: 7.52 /hour
- London SW1V
- Customer Care: 1 year
- Security: 1 year
Required licence or certification:
- SIA Licence
See the original post: Security Concierge – Kingdom