JOB PROFILE NAME:
Security Officer LINE MANAGED BY:
Facilities Service Manager PROFESSIONALLY REPORTS TO:
Facilities Service Manager
ROLE OVERVIEW Reporting to the Facilities Service Manager, the role of Security Officer involves working with a team of security guards to provide an efficient and professional security service to everybody on site. This is a permanent opportunity working various shifts. PURPOSE OF THE JOB The Security Guard is responsible for ensuring that all staff and visitors are in a safe and secure environment. KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB
- Provide a professional, efficient, and approachable security service whilst maintaining a high level of customer service to staff and visitors at all times.
- Carry out internal and external patrols, day and night to ensure a safe and secure environment, recording maintenance issues, potential breaches of security or unusual occurrences in the Daily occurrence book .
- To provide visitors to BT, with helpful advice, guidance and information and if not able to do so, direct to other members of staff who can assist.
- Ensure that those who should not be granted access to the building are professionally and politely prevented from gaining access or escorted from the building.
- Provide support in an emergency or evacuation situation, in a calm and professional manner. Actively provide information to any emergency services when requested to do so.
- As part of the team undertake regular testing of fire alarms and other security equipment, completing the appropriate logs, and notifying the Facilities Service Manager of any issues of malfunctioning equipment.
- Ensure and regularly check that all fire exit doors are maintained free of obstructions, reporting any defects or maintenance issues as appropriate.
- Monitor and respond immediately to alarm system activations to check designated areas of concern. Effectively use the PA system to notify BT staff and patrons of situations or actions required of them.
- Ensure that BT s CCTV system is professionally, effectively and sensitively monitored in compliance with BT s agreed standards.
- Conduct individual bag or property searches, if directed to do so by the Security Manager or other senior manager.
- Ensure the effective control and maintenance of keys and security equipment including any equipment e.g. radios.
- Conduct routine security administration including the issue of staff and visitor passes.
Ensure that any lost property left is securely stored, recorded and retrieved for the owner where appropriate.
- Maintain all security related equipment and working areas to a high standard of cleanliness and safety and ensure all defects are reported.
- Complete relevant records and log books, in a professional manner providing sufficient detail.
- Where necessary assist in the removal or escort of members of the public from the building where their behaviour is disruptive or presents a risk to others.
- Support and comply with the Fire, Health and Safety, and Security policies and procedures.
- Undertake first aid training and provide first aid services to staff, visitors or patrons as requested.
- Working with a Building Service Technician or Fire Officer, carry out the evacuation of people from lifts, to minimise panic and ensure the safety of all concerned.
- Assist in the induction and training of new members of the team.
- Deal with any suspicious packages, maintaining own and others safety and dealing with these in accordance with BT procedures.
- Actively maintain the confidentiality of information to which Officers will be privy, be this around individuals or security sensitive information in relation to the Building, and using appropriate language, particularly within the public door working environment.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Security Manager, Facilities Manager and/or BT management.
- Adhere to company policies, including PPE Procedures
- May be required from time to time to support the FM team
- The colleague must understand their environmental responsibilities and follow the BTFS environmental policy.
They must follow BTFS procedures and routines correctly to make sure that their work is in line with the environmental policy and support the business in achieving its environmental objectives.
- Responsible for the completion of a variety of straightforward, stand-alone tasks or high-volume transactions within set rules and instructions
- Takes instruction and will be subject to regular local supervision of progress against results and escalates issues when required
- Likely to be a member of a team that focuses on day-to-day routine tasks
- Responsible for the delivery of their own defined set of work including planning and decision-making
- Interacts with stakeholders around specific work efforts and deliverables
- Supports delivery of Health and Safety policy and standards
- Plays a role in a One Team approach, assisting other departments when possible
- Has awareness of cost/benefit as applicable to tasks performed
- Not typically responsible for supervising others- if they do, spends more than 80% of time as a team member rather than supervisor
- Not responsible for the development of others
KNOWLEDGE AND APPLIED SKILLS
- Able to perform role to the required standard within a short period after completion of training
- Current first aid certificate from a recognised Institution
- Current SIA essential
- Capable of using the Microsoft Office packages (Work, Excel, Outlook) and generally IT literate with knowledge of electronic security systems.
People Success Factors:
- Planning & Organising
- Building Relationships
- Delivery through People
- Business Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Contributing to Continuous Improvement
- Dealing with Change
- Be customer focused with a smart presentable appearance and willing to uphold the BT s customer service approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Security experience preferably as part of an in-house team
- Ability to maintain a sense of calm and control in difficult situations, minimising panic in others
- Reliable with excellent timekeeping
- Ability to use initiative and be adaptable
- Self-motivated with a willing and friendly approach
- Willingness to undertake a flexible shift pattern, to include night shifts in accordance with BT Sport s roster
- Ability to respond appropriately to alarms
- A good knowledge and appreciation of current security environments, the potential risks and threats and actions to mitigate these
ADDITIONAL ROLE INFORMATION
- To liaise daily with your Line Manager reporting to them any information relevant to the provision of the service
- Good communication skills
- Understanding of security specification
- Ability to work as a team
- Health and Safety awareness
- To perform any other duties which may be reasonably required by your Line Manager or the company
He/she may be required to attend any training at the company s request.
To apply please send your CV to Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
First point of contact for customer and tenant enquiries and complaints
Site patrols identifying H&S, cleaning, maintenance and security issues
Monitoring and manage front of house staff on a day to day basis
Incident management, investigation and reporting
Daily Duty Manager reporting to the Centre Management team
Rostering and payroll in conjunction with Soft Service Manager
Attend weekly centre management meeting
First line disciplinary management
Soft services KPI audits
Soft services budget reporting in conjunction with Soft Service Manager
Procedural reviews and amendment recommendations Key Accountabilties:
The following key accountability areas are a given requirement. The list is not exhaustive and should not act to constrain the job holder from working within a wider brief if necessary in order to achieve the requirements of the job role.
Responsibility for Security and Cleaning services at The Grafton Centre
Drive performance of team
Managing, training, disciplining and mentoring the onsite facilities support team
Monitoring of contractor s SLAs and KPIs
Liaise with Soft Service Manager regarding development and identification of budgets
Monitor spending against budget and forecast
Undertake centre Duty Manager responsibilities
Ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation
Regular client update meetings
Support services contract reviews
Liaison with client
Responsible for own administration
The job holder will have joint control of a direct budget. What we are looking for Good experience of working within a customer facing environment is a requirement for this position along with exceptional man management skills.
Specific competencies within this general requirement include the following:
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Excellent organisational and influencing skills
Experience at Management level
Security Industry Authority (SIA) training and licence
Relevant H&S Qualification (IOSH, NEBOSH etc)
Excellent IT literacy skills in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPointMust be able to work on own initiative with a proactive and flexible attitude
Ability to multi task and prioritise
Must have a smart appearance Additional Information
45 hours per week, working a shift pattern including weekends
25 days annual leave
Closing date: 17th March 2017
See the original article here: Soft Services Coordinator
$0An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at a time of fast paced growth and development following a 1M investment in this touring venue in the heart of the UK’s second city, whilst working for the Ambassador Theatre Group, the global leader in live theatre.$0$0$0$0We are looking for a number of new staff who will oversee the safety and security of the venue as a whole, as well as providing excellent customer service to our audiences and visiting companies.$0$0$0$0Experience in a theatre background is highly desirable, full first Aid training can be provided but you need to possess an SIA Licence in order to fulfil this role.$0$0$0$0This role will enable us to achieve our aim of Making Theatre Magic by: $0$0$0$0SMILE $0$0Alongside a team of up to 60 casual performance staff you will be one of the first faces our customers see as they enter the venue. You will provide a warm welcome and will guide our patrons around the venue as required. $0$0$0$0ARTISTRY $0$0Bag checks will be a standard part of the role, and you will carry these out in a professional and kind manner ensuring patrons are made to feel comfortable with the procedure. Your visible presence and alertness will reassure customers that their safety and security are of paramount importance to us.
You will look for possible improvements around the building and in our procedures and liaise with our management team to ensure the venue is always working at its best and most presentable!$0$0$0$0RED CARPET $0$0You will be well organised and have a great attention to detail ensuring all of our emergency equipment is well maintained and in place. You will regularly check all exit routes and corridors and be able to spot any potential hazards and issues. $0$0$0$0SPINE TINGLING $0$0You will have an unswerving commitment to health and safety within the venue and ensure our audiences are always well looked after. Your passion for creating a safe theatrical experience will enable you to identify training needs to ensure that safety procedures remain at the forefront for the team in delivering a safe customer experience at every performance.$0$0$0$0
Application forms and vacancy information Please save the documents listed below to your computer.
You can do this by clicking the links and following the instructions given by your operating system; usually, this will involve selecting the option to save the file to your desktop. We would really appreciate you taking the time to complete our Equal Opportunities Survey – there is a link at the end of the application form. The survey is anonymous and does not form part of your application process.
It allows us to monitor effectively and ensure we are reaching an appropriately diverse audience.
- Application form PDF
- Application form WORD
How To Apply
Please send your completed application form , so it reaches Ambassador Theatre Group by 24 February 2017 , quoting the job reference – NEWBUI , to:
- Email: email@example.com , quoting the job reference ( NEWBUI ) in the subject line
- By post: Louise Broom, Customer Experience Manager, New Alexandra Theatre, Station Street, Birmingham, B5 4DS
Buildings Safety Officers