We are looking for highly talented and successful Account Manager to join our growing and exciting business. In this role you will be a field based Account Manager you will take a leading stance and we are looking for an individual that can demonstrate the confidence, experience, drive, flexibility and determination to provide the highest standards of operational service throughout the South Region portfolio. You will also possess the skills to motivate the staff to maintain the high standards required throughout the area.
Your ability to manage portfolios will be critical to your success and that of VSG. You will enjoy leading from the front and drive performance through your account management skills. We are looking for a natural leader with the ability to motivate and develop others and commercial flair for maximising sales opportunities. Hands on and driven, you will inspire others with your passion for excellent account management. VSG have great opportunities for you to develop your career in security services and progress further up the ladder, this is an excellent time to join the UKs fastest growing security services organisation. The Role
- Act as the principle point of contact for the client regarding your designated sites.
- Ensure all management information is accurate and professionally presented when required.
- Monitoring service levels and compliance to ensure delivery meets / exceeds the required standard were possible.
- Management of the resource requirements to prevent lost / untrained hours on the portfolio ensuring dedicated relief staff are effectively utilised.
- Ensuring teams are recruited, trained and performance managed in line with company guidelines and requirements whilst adhering to Company and legal procedures.
- Undertake out of hours on-call duties (on rotation)
- Accountability for the profit and loss of the area.
- Empowers and supports the team to deliver a great service.
- Drive the contract service delivery for your designated sites.
- Essential to have experience within a client facing role
- Shopping Centre experience desired
Essential to have experience in a people focussed role e.g. Managing performance
Must hold a valid non front line SIA licence as a minimum
Previous people management experience including company procedures
Working knowledge of employment legislation
Health & Safety knowledge and experience
Demonstrate strong leadership skills and lead by example
Problem-solving and analytical skills
Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills
Commercially aware with the business acumen to keep ahead of your competition and set VSG apart
Stakeholder focussed approach
Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft systems to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and the Internet
Excellent attention to detail
Committed to following procedures and ensuring tasks are fully completed
A desire for continuous personal and professional development
Must hold a full, clean driving licence
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus
- Company Car, Mobile Phone and Laptop
- 25 days holiday entitlement
- Life assurance
- Private Healthcare
- A wide range of discounts with selected companies
VSG has 7,500 employees and is the UK s fastest growing suppliers of security services to a variety of blue chip clients.
Our excellent service to our customers has allowed for market growth which means we continuously seek new and fresh talent to complement our current team as well as developing our people to reach their full potential. Join our team and look forward to a challenging and rewarding role, with great results bringing great opportunity for recognition and promotion. We are proud to be awarded as Britain s Top Employers 2015 for the fourth consecutive year which recognises VSG excellence in the conditions we create for our people.
Depot Loss Prevention Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Loss Prevention Manager to join our 7,500 strong team at VSG. We have the prestige of being voted Top Employer for five consecutive years and we strive to invest in their employees, help you reach your full potential and grow with the company. Our mission is:
To be recognised as the best in all we do to the benefit of our customers, our staff and our business The Role Working at our Thameside Depot , the Depot Loss Prevention Manager is responsible for investigations regarding Stock Loss, Missing Stock, Internal theft, Internal process compliance and provides a vital link between Logistics and Retail Management
Depot Loss prevention Manager also is accountable for the Security operation ensuring that VSG delivers excellent customer service, through Gatehouse operations, patrolling site, managing access and egress and monitoring safe working practises. Reporting to the Zonal Loss Prevention Manager and VSG Regional Account Manager , you will be responsible managing the site, working with the Depot General Manager. This will enable us to deliver operational excellence, in a consistent manner.
The Person Experience in CCTV and Access Control systems Knowledge of Red Prairie / other stock management systems
SIA Licence (training provided for suitable candidates) Strong Customer Service Skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure IT literate
Team player, Enthusiastic, motivational and honest Smart and professional appearance Management experience, Lead by example
Benefits Part of Compass Group Competitive holiday entitlement
Pension Salary 27,300 Access to Additional Training
Training and development to progress within the company
Previous applicants need not apply.
View original post here: Depot Loss Prevention Manager
JOB PROFILE NAME:
Security Officer LINE MANAGED BY:
Facilities Service Manager PROFESSIONALLY REPORTS TO:
Facilities Service Manager
ROLE OVERVIEW Reporting to the Facilities Service Manager, the role of Security Officer involves working with a team of security guards to provide an efficient and professional security service to everybody on site. This is a permanent opportunity working various shifts. PURPOSE OF THE JOB The Security Guard is responsible for ensuring that all staff and visitors are in a safe and secure environment. KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB
- Provide a professional, efficient, and approachable security service whilst maintaining a high level of customer service to staff and visitors at all times.
- Carry out internal and external patrols, day and night to ensure a safe and secure environment, recording maintenance issues, potential breaches of security or unusual occurrences in the Daily occurrence book .
- To provide visitors to BT, with helpful advice, guidance and information and if not able to do so, direct to other members of staff who can assist.
- Ensure that those who should not be granted access to the building are professionally and politely prevented from gaining access or escorted from the building.
- Provide support in an emergency or evacuation situation, in a calm and professional manner. Actively provide information to any emergency services when requested to do so.
- As part of the team undertake regular testing of fire alarms and other security equipment, completing the appropriate logs, and notifying the Facilities Service Manager of any issues of malfunctioning equipment.
- Ensure and regularly check that all fire exit doors are maintained free of obstructions, reporting any defects or maintenance issues as appropriate.
- Monitor and respond immediately to alarm system activations to check designated areas of concern. Effectively use the PA system to notify BT staff and patrons of situations or actions required of them.
- Ensure that BT s CCTV system is professionally, effectively and sensitively monitored in compliance with BT s agreed standards.
- Conduct individual bag or property searches, if directed to do so by the Security Manager or other senior manager.
- Ensure the effective control and maintenance of keys and security equipment including any equipment e.g. radios.
- Conduct routine security administration including the issue of staff and visitor passes.
Ensure that any lost property left is securely stored, recorded and retrieved for the owner where appropriate.
- Maintain all security related equipment and working areas to a high standard of cleanliness and safety and ensure all defects are reported.
- Complete relevant records and log books, in a professional manner providing sufficient detail.
- Where necessary assist in the removal or escort of members of the public from the building where their behaviour is disruptive or presents a risk to others.
- Support and comply with the Fire, Health and Safety, and Security policies and procedures.
- Undertake first aid training and provide first aid services to staff, visitors or patrons as requested.
- Working with a Building Service Technician or Fire Officer, carry out the evacuation of people from lifts, to minimise panic and ensure the safety of all concerned.
- Assist in the induction and training of new members of the team.
- Deal with any suspicious packages, maintaining own and others safety and dealing with these in accordance with BT procedures.
- Actively maintain the confidentiality of information to which Officers will be privy, be this around individuals or security sensitive information in relation to the Building, and using appropriate language, particularly within the public door working environment.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Security Manager, Facilities Manager and/or BT management.
- Adhere to company policies, including PPE Procedures
- May be required from time to time to support the FM team
- The colleague must understand their environmental responsibilities and follow the BTFS environmental policy.
They must follow BTFS procedures and routines correctly to make sure that their work is in line with the environmental policy and support the business in achieving its environmental objectives.
- Responsible for the completion of a variety of straightforward, stand-alone tasks or high-volume transactions within set rules and instructions
- Takes instruction and will be subject to regular local supervision of progress against results and escalates issues when required
- Likely to be a member of a team that focuses on day-to-day routine tasks
- Responsible for the delivery of their own defined set of work including planning and decision-making
- Interacts with stakeholders around specific work efforts and deliverables
- Supports delivery of Health and Safety policy and standards
- Plays a role in a One Team approach, assisting other departments when possible
- Has awareness of cost/benefit as applicable to tasks performed
- Not typically responsible for supervising others- if they do, spends more than 80% of time as a team member rather than supervisor
- Not responsible for the development of others
KNOWLEDGE AND APPLIED SKILLS
- Able to perform role to the required standard within a short period after completion of training
- Current first aid certificate from a recognised Institution
- Current SIA essential
- Capable of using the Microsoft Office packages (Work, Excel, Outlook) and generally IT literate with knowledge of electronic security systems.
People Success Factors:
- Planning & Organising
- Building Relationships
- Delivery through People
- Business Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Contributing to Continuous Improvement
- Dealing with Change
- Be customer focused with a smart presentable appearance and willing to uphold the BT s customer service approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Security experience preferably as part of an in-house team
- Ability to maintain a sense of calm and control in difficult situations, minimising panic in others
- Reliable with excellent timekeeping
- Ability to use initiative and be adaptable
- Self-motivated with a willing and friendly approach
- Willingness to undertake a flexible shift pattern, to include night shifts in accordance with BT Sport s roster
- Ability to respond appropriately to alarms
- A good knowledge and appreciation of current security environments, the potential risks and threats and actions to mitigate these
ADDITIONAL ROLE INFORMATION
- To liaise daily with your Line Manager reporting to them any information relevant to the provision of the service
- Good communication skills
- Understanding of security specification
- Ability to work as a team
- Health and Safety awareness
- To perform any other duties which may be reasonably required by your Line Manager or the company
He/she may be required to attend any training at the company s request.
To apply please send your CV to Rachel.email@example.com