The Langham, London is currently looking to recruit a Security Officer to join our Security Department. As a Security Officer your key duties will be as follows:
Monitoring of licensed outlets/bars in accordance with the requirements of the license laws and control of such areas and where applicable fulfil the duties of a Personal Licensee.
Effective monitoring of CCTV images, checking equipment for continuous recording and effective functioning and maintaining accurate logs and digital copies of footage when required within the stipulations of the Data Protection Act and the Private Security Industry Act.
Control of all hotel internal keys, electronic key cards and access key cards and their issue to authorised personnel, including updating of key holders lists.
Control of staff locker keys and issue to authorised personnel, including updating of key holders lists.
Dealing with undesirable and suspicious persons.
Dealing with unattended and suspicious objects.
Responding to and investigation of fire alarms as part of the hotel emergency fire team.
Weekly testing of hotel fire alarm systems and associated fire safety systems, including air vents, emergency pagers, lifts and fire doors.
Form part of emergency rescue team in event of trapped passengers in lifts by following formal procedures.
Taking appropriate action and reporting of all fire related issues within the hotel, including regular checks of the fire panel and to take corrective action when necessary.
Complete recorded audits of all fire alerting, fire fighting and other fire safety related equipment and reporting of all defects to management and Engineering department.
Responding to security and bomb threats and take appropriate action in accordance with hotel emergency and security procedures.
Investigation of incidents within the hotel as directed, including reports of missing or damaged personal property, violence, assault, inappropriate behaviour, unauthorised access to guest rooms, mini bars, safe boxes, store rooms and other restricted areas.
Compiling all supporting information necessary during investigation of reported incidents, including electronic lock readings, guest profiles, physical evidence, photographs, CCTV footage or any other relevant documentation.
Interviewing guest, visitors and staff members as part of supporting information during investigations.
Preparing written or typed incident reports for all reported incidents with attached relevant supporting information.
Daily updating of computerised incident and accident database.
Dealing with safekeeping of personal guest items and lost and found property, including recording, safekeeping and returning while updating records.
Attend room moves in the absence of guests.
Assisting guests with bedroom safes and recording of all safe access incidents with guest and own signatures.
Initial investigation and handling of insurance claims against the hotel and the business within the stipulations of the Hotel Proprietor Act 1956.
Attend to accidents and give assistance as necessary. Officers who are qualified first aiders should apply first aid when necessary.
Maintain accurate up-to-date guest and staff accident records.
Support Human Resources department with interviews and obtaining statements regarding disciplinary matters.
Support hotel management team with staff suspension procedures, out of hours in particular.
Carry out recorded staff bag searches in accordance with hotel procedures and guidelines, ensuring correct procedure with property pass documentation.
Carry out recorded searches of staff lockers when necessary in presence of witness from management or human resources department.
To maintain Vingcard electronic key system, maintain backup records, time changes, carry out lock readings as required.
To maintain control of all staff, contractors and visitors access other than guests to the building
The Langham, London offers a wide range of benefits which include: uniform, meals on duty, holidays, free accommodation at other Langham Hotels, Company pension plan, colleague recognition system, learning and development opportunities and many more.
The Langham London, London s Original Grand Hotel and flagship of the international Langham Hospitality Group comprises 378 luxury bedrooms and suites, the acclaimed Roux at The Landau and Palm Court restaurants, the Artesian Bar, extensive Meeting & Events facilities and Europe s first Chuan Spa.
The team at the hotel prides itself on creating enchanting encounters for our guests and we ve been doing so since 1865.
An ideal candidate should fulfil the following requirement:
Have a SIA Door Supervisor Level 2 licence
Great investigation and problem solving skills
Attention to detail
Excellent communication skills
Ability to handle stressful and challenging situations
First Aid qualifications are preferable
Terms of employment
Taken from: Security Officer – Langham Place
We now have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to make a real difference and join our team. You will have a proven track record and previous experience of operational management and employee engagement & training. What is the role? We have a Receptionist vacancy All roles are subject vetting to a 5 year checkable history.
Where is it based? In our London Region (Central London) at our client s Sites for Ward Belgravia WC2A Postcode What is the Salary?
10.75 per hour Working Pattern: Monday-Friday, Days 50 hrs per week
How to apply: To apply for this role simply click on the Apply button below to complete our online application form Who are we?
Ward Security provides a security services solutions to all UK businesses. Security services include: CCTV security systems, property management, guard dog security, key holding services, security guard patrol services, response alarm systems and more. With over 800 employees operating nationally we seek the best talent to uphold our vision to be the most trusted Security Partner in the UK. Ward Security recruit, train and reward the very best staff, complemented by the latest technology and communications to ensure the highest levels of security and Client service. Read about us @ www.ward-security.co.uk What is the main purpose of the role?
The role is responsible for coordinating deliveries, organising travel arrangements for staff, the first person to meet and greet members of the public and staff. Main responsibilities will include:
- Meet and greet clients and members of the public entering the premises
- To effectively control the access to the client s premises, examining documentation to ascertain the authenticity and authority to gain access.
- Answering internal and external phone calls, ensuring they are forwarded to the appropriate person
- When required to assist and escort visitors to their destinations within the clients complex.
- Book meeting rooms
- Arrange couriers for internal clients
- Where provided to provide monitoring functions to CCTV and alarm functions. To be aware of the operation of those functions and to respond as required.
- To submit detailed reports on discovery of issues relating to health and safety and crime to the relevant authority either verbally or in report form as required.
- To maintain a log of all visitors, incidents and any other records that may be required by the client.
- To maintain the clients key safe to issue and record all movements of keys within the clients premises.
- Successful candidates should be reliable and punctual, possessing:
What experience and skills do I need?
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational skills
- An analytical and methodical approach to problems
- Be able to act quickly and decisively
- Have a good eye for detail and attention to detail
- Ability to use your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Possess a Customer focused approach
- Initiative and self-motivation
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- A high standard of personal presentation
- A can do attitude
- Essential that you hold an SIA Licence for security guarding or door supervision
- Applicants must hold a five year work or back to school checkable history
Ward Security are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Ward Security is pleased to announce that it has become a Recognised Service Provider working alongside the Living Wage Foundation.
The achievements means Ward Security and all its subsidiaries meet the standards set by Citizens UK and Centre for Civil Society for good practice by providers of personnel under contract.
Receptionist, Ward Belgravia
Have you got what it takes to be one of our STARS? We are looking for enthusiastic, pro-active, presentable candidates who are keen to work as a Receptionist/FOH staff member and start their career in a corporate environment. As part of our STARS (Security Trained Assistance and Receptionist Services) you will get an opportunity to work at a variety of prestigious, high profile companies across London (mainly in zone 1 and zone 2) and be the first point of contact for all visitors and staff members. An ideal candidate is a person who:
- Has excellent Customer Service skills
- Enjoys new challenges and is happy to travel and work at different contracts
- Has a flexible and helpful nature
- Takes great pride in personal appearance
- Loves meeting new people
- Has a bubbly, confident and charming personality
- Is passionate about learning and developing
Duties might include:
- Meeting and greeting visitors in a professional, welcomingand friendly manner
- Signing-in and out visitors, issuing passes
- Administrative duties
- Booking meeting rooms, taxis and couriers
- Any ad-hoc duties
What can we offer you?
- Pay rate starst from 10.00 – 15.00 p/h
- Paid uniform
- Paid breaks
- Training: NVQ, First Aid, SIA, Customer Service, Team Leading,
- Performance based bonuses & work recognition
Our STARS are core of our business and represent the brand through engaging personality, style and professional attitude. We are well known for our culture that aims to ‘ promote within and we are committed to support your growth and provide an access to career development opportunities.Successful applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and able to cover 5 year recent history.If you would like to become one of our STARS, we look forward to hear from you!
Salary: 10.00 /hour
See original article: Corporate Receptionist