kit 4 security
JOB PROFILE NAME:
Security Officer LINE MANAGED BY:
Facilities Service Manager PROFESSIONALLY REPORTS TO:
Facilities Service Manager
ROLE OVERVIEW Reporting to the Facilities Service Manager, the role of Security Officer involves working with a team of security guards to provide an efficient and professional security service to everybody on site. This is a permanent opportunity working various shifts. PURPOSE OF THE JOB The Security Guard is responsible for ensuring that all staff and visitors are in a safe and secure environment. KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB
- Provide a professional, efficient, and approachable security service whilst maintaining a high level of customer service to staff and visitors at all times.
- Carry out internal and external patrols, day and night to ensure a safe and secure environment, recording maintenance issues, potential breaches of security or unusual occurrences in the Daily occurrence book .
- To provide visitors to BT, with helpful advice, guidance and information and if not able to do so, direct to other members of staff who can assist.
- Ensure that those who should not be granted access to the building are professionally and politely prevented from gaining access or escorted from the building.
- Provide support in an emergency or evacuation situation, in a calm and professional manner. Actively provide information to any emergency services when requested to do so.
- As part of the team undertake regular testing of fire alarms and other security equipment, completing the appropriate logs, and notifying the Facilities Service Manager of any issues of malfunctioning equipment.
- Ensure and regularly check that all fire exit doors are maintained free of obstructions, reporting any defects or maintenance issues as appropriate.
- Monitor and respond immediately to alarm system activations to check designated areas of concern. Effectively use the PA system to notify BT staff and patrons of situations or actions required of them.
- Ensure that BT s CCTV system is professionally, effectively and sensitively monitored in compliance with BT s agreed standards.
- Conduct individual bag or property searches, if directed to do so by the Security Manager or other senior manager.
- Ensure the effective control and maintenance of keys and security equipment including any equipment e.g. radios.
- Conduct routine security administration including the issue of staff and visitor passes.
Ensure that any lost property left is securely stored, recorded and retrieved for the owner where appropriate.
- Maintain all security related equipment and working areas to a high standard of cleanliness and safety and ensure all defects are reported.
- Complete relevant records and log books, in a professional manner providing sufficient detail.
- Where necessary assist in the removal or escort of members of the public from the building where their behaviour is disruptive or presents a risk to others.
- Support and comply with the Fire, Health and Safety, and Security policies and procedures.
- Undertake first aid training and provide first aid services to staff, visitors or patrons as requested.
- Working with a Building Service Technician or Fire Officer, carry out the evacuation of people from lifts, to minimise panic and ensure the safety of all concerned.
- Assist in the induction and training of new members of the team.
- Deal with any suspicious packages, maintaining own and others safety and dealing with these in accordance with BT procedures.
- Actively maintain the confidentiality of information to which Officers will be privy, be this around individuals or security sensitive information in relation to the Building, and using appropriate language, particularly within the public door working environment.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Security Manager, Facilities Manager and/or BT management.
- Adhere to company policies, including PPE Procedures
- May be required from time to time to support the FM team
- The colleague must understand their environmental responsibilities and follow the BTFS environmental policy.
They must follow BTFS procedures and routines correctly to make sure that their work is in line with the environmental policy and support the business in achieving its environmental objectives.
- Responsible for the completion of a variety of straightforward, stand-alone tasks or high-volume transactions within set rules and instructions
- Takes instruction and will be subject to regular local supervision of progress against results and escalates issues when required
- Likely to be a member of a team that focuses on day-to-day routine tasks
- Responsible for the delivery of their own defined set of work including planning and decision-making
- Interacts with stakeholders around specific work efforts and deliverables
- Supports delivery of Health and Safety policy and standards
- Plays a role in a One Team approach, assisting other departments when possible
- Has awareness of cost/benefit as applicable to tasks performed
- Not typically responsible for supervising others- if they do, spends more than 80% of time as a team member rather than supervisor
- Not responsible for the development of others
KNOWLEDGE AND APPLIED SKILLS
- Able to perform role to the required standard within a short period after completion of training
- Current first aid certificate from a recognised Institution
- Current SIA essential
- Capable of using the Microsoft Office packages (Work, Excel, Outlook) and generally IT literate with knowledge of electronic security systems.
People Success Factors:
- Planning & Organising
- Building Relationships
- Delivery through People
- Business Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Contributing to Continuous Improvement
- Dealing with Change
- Be customer focused with a smart presentable appearance and willing to uphold the BT s customer service approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Security experience preferably as part of an in-house team
- Ability to maintain a sense of calm and control in difficult situations, minimising panic in others
- Reliable with excellent timekeeping
- Ability to use initiative and be adaptable
- Self-motivated with a willing and friendly approach
- Willingness to undertake a flexible shift pattern, to include night shifts in accordance with BT Sport s roster
- Ability to respond appropriately to alarms
- A good knowledge and appreciation of current security environments, the potential risks and threats and actions to mitigate these
ADDITIONAL ROLE INFORMATION
- To liaise daily with your Line Manager reporting to them any information relevant to the provision of the service
- Good communication skills
- Understanding of security specification
- Ability to work as a team
- Health and Safety awareness
- To perform any other duties which may be reasonably required by your Line Manager or the company
He/she may be required to attend any training at the company s request.
To apply please send your CV to Rachel.email@example.com
TO APPLY FOR THIS VACANCY YOU MUST HAVE A VALID SIA LICENCE POSITION: Security Officer AREA: Wirral
- Dealing with confrontational situations and respond to them in a professional manner
- To act within the authorities set out by Management and the company s working procedures
- To carry out any other duties as directed by supervisor
- Site Patrolling
- Assisting customers
- Acting as a visual deterrent
- Required to complete incidents reports and site paper work
- Liaising with Management
- Valid SIA Licence
- You will need a 5 year checkable background
- You must be over the age of 18 years
- Provide documentation which demonstrates your eligibility to work within the UK
48+hrs 7.20 per hour, days, Nights and Weekends
Job Type: Full-time
Required licence or certification:
- SIA Licence
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and – most of all – deliver to the public.
Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
The West London Alliance (WLA) is a partnership between seven West London local authorities of Barnet, Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Hillingdon and Hounslow. With over 17 years’ experience in partnership working, the WLA is committed to an enduring programme of collaboration and innovation to improve outcomes for West London. We are looking to recruit a number of Civil Enforcement Officers based from either: Parking Office, Bridge Road Depot, Pears Road, Hounslow, Middlesex, TW3 1SQ, or The Parking Office, Chiswick Town Hall, Heathfield Terrace, Chiswick, London, W4 4JN
Your role To enforce all on-street permitted parking regulations in all controlled zones/beats, in accordance with the Traffic Management Act 2004 in the WLA Council s Boroughs. To issue Penalty Charge Notices (PCN s) using a hand-held computer terminal (HHCT) to vehicles found to be in contravention of the parking regulations. To authorise the removal of vehicles in accordance with policy using the HHCT. To record, report and take appropriate action on any defects found in street furniture, including signs and road markings, or any suspect vehicles in accordance with local procedure. To attend when necessary adjudication hearings to give supporting information in connection with contested PCNs.
To represent the Company and the Council by promoting good public relations, providing advice and information concerning parking related matters, whenever asked, in a courteous manner. To ensure copies of all PCN or Warning Notice tickets are printed and handed in with all necessary paperwork at the end of each shift or working day. To carry out the duties of the post with due regard to the Company s equal opportunities policy. To be flexible carry out any other duties as and when required by the management. To undertake additional duties as required, commensurate with the level of the job. About you
Previous experience of working with members of the public and in a customer service. Ability to work flexible hours on a 24 hour/365 day shift pattern, including weekends and bank holidays as required. You will hold a City and Guilds Level 2 for Civil Enforcement Officers (Parking) or Security Industry Authority (SIA) and a full UK Driving Licence. You will have the ability to act in a professional and courteous manner whilst maintaining the reputation of both Serco and the Local Authority as a public facing officer. Good interpersonal skills including the ability to act with tact, sensitivity and diplomacy. If interested, please upload a copy of your CV to apply.
In return we offer a competitive salary. Full training will be provided. On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.