JOB PROFILE NAME:
Security Officer LINE MANAGED BY:
Facilities Service Manager PROFESSIONALLY REPORTS TO:
Facilities Service Manager
ROLE OVERVIEW Reporting to the Facilities Service Manager, the role of Security Officer involves working with a team of security guards to provide an efficient and professional security service to everybody on site. This is a permanent opportunity working various shifts. PURPOSE OF THE JOB The Security Guard is responsible for ensuring that all staff and visitors are in a safe and secure environment. KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB
- Provide a professional, efficient, and approachable security service whilst maintaining a high level of customer service to staff and visitors at all times.
- Carry out internal and external patrols, day and night to ensure a safe and secure environment, recording maintenance issues, potential breaches of security or unusual occurrences in the Daily occurrence book .
- To provide visitors to BT, with helpful advice, guidance and information and if not able to do so, direct to other members of staff who can assist.
- Ensure that those who should not be granted access to the building are professionally and politely prevented from gaining access or escorted from the building.
- Provide support in an emergency or evacuation situation, in a calm and professional manner. Actively provide information to any emergency services when requested to do so.
- As part of the team undertake regular testing of fire alarms and other security equipment, completing the appropriate logs, and notifying the Facilities Service Manager of any issues of malfunctioning equipment.
- Ensure and regularly check that all fire exit doors are maintained free of obstructions, reporting any defects or maintenance issues as appropriate.
- Monitor and respond immediately to alarm system activations to check designated areas of concern. Effectively use the PA system to notify BT staff and patrons of situations or actions required of them.
- Ensure that BT s CCTV system is professionally, effectively and sensitively monitored in compliance with BT s agreed standards.
- Conduct individual bag or property searches, if directed to do so by the Security Manager or other senior manager.
- Ensure the effective control and maintenance of keys and security equipment including any equipment e.g. radios.
- Conduct routine security administration including the issue of staff and visitor passes.
Ensure that any lost property left is securely stored, recorded and retrieved for the owner where appropriate.
- Maintain all security related equipment and working areas to a high standard of cleanliness and safety and ensure all defects are reported.
- Complete relevant records and log books, in a professional manner providing sufficient detail.
- Where necessary assist in the removal or escort of members of the public from the building where their behaviour is disruptive or presents a risk to others.
- Support and comply with the Fire, Health and Safety, and Security policies and procedures.
- Undertake first aid training and provide first aid services to staff, visitors or patrons as requested.
- Working with a Building Service Technician or Fire Officer, carry out the evacuation of people from lifts, to minimise panic and ensure the safety of all concerned.
- Assist in the induction and training of new members of the team.
- Deal with any suspicious packages, maintaining own and others safety and dealing with these in accordance with BT procedures.
- Actively maintain the confidentiality of information to which Officers will be privy, be this around individuals or security sensitive information in relation to the Building, and using appropriate language, particularly within the public door working environment.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Security Manager, Facilities Manager and/or BT management.
- Adhere to company policies, including PPE Procedures
- May be required from time to time to support the FM team
- The colleague must understand their environmental responsibilities and follow the BTFS environmental policy.
They must follow BTFS procedures and routines correctly to make sure that their work is in line with the environmental policy and support the business in achieving its environmental objectives.
- Responsible for the completion of a variety of straightforward, stand-alone tasks or high-volume transactions within set rules and instructions
- Takes instruction and will be subject to regular local supervision of progress against results and escalates issues when required
- Likely to be a member of a team that focuses on day-to-day routine tasks
- Responsible for the delivery of their own defined set of work including planning and decision-making
- Interacts with stakeholders around specific work efforts and deliverables
- Supports delivery of Health and Safety policy and standards
- Plays a role in a One Team approach, assisting other departments when possible
- Has awareness of cost/benefit as applicable to tasks performed
- Not typically responsible for supervising others- if they do, spends more than 80% of time as a team member rather than supervisor
- Not responsible for the development of others
KNOWLEDGE AND APPLIED SKILLS
- Able to perform role to the required standard within a short period after completion of training
- Current first aid certificate from a recognised Institution
- Current SIA essential
- Capable of using the Microsoft Office packages (Work, Excel, Outlook) and generally IT literate with knowledge of electronic security systems.
People Success Factors:
- Planning & Organising
- Building Relationships
- Delivery through People
- Business Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Contributing to Continuous Improvement
- Dealing with Change
- Be customer focused with a smart presentable appearance and willing to uphold the BT s customer service approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Security experience preferably as part of an in-house team
- Ability to maintain a sense of calm and control in difficult situations, minimising panic in others
- Reliable with excellent timekeeping
- Ability to use initiative and be adaptable
- Self-motivated with a willing and friendly approach
- Willingness to undertake a flexible shift pattern, to include night shifts in accordance with BT Sport s roster
- Ability to respond appropriately to alarms
- A good knowledge and appreciation of current security environments, the potential risks and threats and actions to mitigate these
ADDITIONAL ROLE INFORMATION
- To liaise daily with your Line Manager reporting to them any information relevant to the provision of the service
- Good communication skills
- Understanding of security specification
- Ability to work as a team
- Health and Safety awareness
- To perform any other duties which may be reasonably required by your Line Manager or the company
He/she may be required to attend any training at the company s request.
To apply please send your CV to Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
Front of House Security Officer required for immediate start with a high profile Client located in South Kensington, London. Candidates will be dealing with the Company Executives, Staff and Clients, therefore we require excellent customer service skills combined with written and oral communications skills. The successful candidate will also be required to use the computer systems on site, so a good knowledge of Excel and Word processing will be needed.
The successful Candidate will be required to work a 67.5 hour week. The shift pattern consists of days Monday to Friday 07:00 until 20:30 hrs. Weekend overtime will also be available when requested by the client in advance.
An SIA Security Licence is essential. Job Type: Full-time Salary: 9.00 /hour
- Security: 2 years
Required licence or certification:
- SIA Security Licence
Continued here: Front Of House Security
We are looking for a security guard to join our team. The security officer must have valid SIA license, previous experience is preferable. Duties include being based at site entrance, patrolling on a regular basis, ensuring safe and secure environment at the premises and control access and egress.
Will be required to foot patrol every hour, log any observations and do relevant paperwork, liaise with emergency services if circumstances dictate. Immediate start available . Please ensure your mobile and telephone numbers are correctly written in your CV, otherwise we won’t be able to contact you and you will not be considered for this position.
Also please write the town that you live in so we have an idea of how close you are to the work position. Vetting process requires applicants to provide a continuous record of employment or history for 5 years or back to school leaving which ever is the shorter. Job Type: Permanent
Salary: 7.50 /hour
- Wembley Central Station
- Security: 1 year
Required licence or certification:
- SIA License
Visit link: Part-Time Nights and Weekend Security Guard