Hi All, I work as a commercial security officer. Im doing my CP course with fire arms next month and i also applied for Reserve Defence Forces here in Ireland. In RDF i will have 2 weeks of full military training every year plus other duties number of times per month.
Today,Permanent Defence Forces started their recruitment campaign. I always had interest in army and i believe would fit very well in there and also this is my last bell,as im 24 y/o and max age to join is 25. The thing is im happy enough with my current job and im earning quiet bit more than freshly recruited soldier. Normally it would not matter to me,but i have to think about my family. My plan was to complete CP course and spend number of years in RDF,gain experience and training necessary to find decent job as a CPO,while working as security. Question is: When applying for a CPO Jobs,does it make several difference if i have 5 years PDF experience or 5 years in RDF? Whats your opinion?
Thanks in advance.
See the original article here: Reserve Defence Forces vs PDF in matter of experience
The successful applicant will work a 4 on 4 off shift pattern and will receive an hourly rate of 8.50 plus benefits.
What we offer:
- Full uniform & PPE provided
- Comprehensive training
- First Aid training given
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Loyalty awards scheme
- Quarterly awards scheme
- Retention bonus* We believe if we look after you, you will look after our customers, so to prove this, we offer a retention bonus of 100 after completion of 12 months service.
- Recommend a friend scheme ( 100 for 6 months successful probation and a further 100 at 12 months)
About your new role:
As a security officer covering business premises in Peterborough, your primary duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Access Control of the site which includes traffic management.
- Providing customer service to all visitors
- Conflict resolution
- Conducting regular site patrols
- Responding to and recording all incidents in the Daily Occurrence Book
- Regular report writing
- Completing the required security checks
- Providing assistance and support to our client on site
- Protecting valuable property and equipment
Skills & Requirements:
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 5 years checkable employment history
- Frontline SIA Licence
- First Aid
- Experience in a public facing role
- Customer relations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Full, clean, valid driver s licence, own transport and scope to travel
- Industry experience
- Good report writing skills
Read more here: Security Officer, Static, 42 Ave per week (HR078)
We are a well established security firm specialising in manned guarding and we are expanding across the United Kingdom. We are currently looking for security officers to work on contracts in the Central London area. Our work can be corporate, retail and even for local hospitals and therefore we expect that you will be fully adaptable and be able to work in any environment without complaint.
We are currently only employing staff who are available on a full time basis and you must be happy to travel for up to one hour for your shifts. The Company sets extremely high standards and you would be able to carry out the following as a minimum.
- Be able to maintain a safe and secure environment for our customer and their employees by patrolling and monitoring premises, personnel and members of the public.
- Experience in Retail Security and corporate sites
- Be able to liaise with staff and the general public clearly and concisely.
- Maintain the organisation s stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Be able to follow instructions from the site management.
- Must hold a valid SIA Door Supervisor licence/badge
- Hold a valid passport/work permit
- Must be fluent in English
- Able to deal with clients and their customers by showing professional behaviour on site at all times,
- Able to follow instructions whilst staying calm in a highly pressured environment.
- Able to report to emergency services and control room when required.
Our head office is in Barking and you would be expected to travel here for your initial interview and induction which will be carried out at the same time It is a requirement of working within this industry that you provide a complete 5 year work history, with no gaps of more than 28 days.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: 7.50 to 9.75 /hour
- Central and Westminster
- Security: 1 year
Required licence or certification:
See the original post: Security Officer – SSG