Police have released a picture of a man they want to speak to in connection with an incident where a security guard was racially abused and assaulted.
The guard was subjected to a ‘torrent of racial abuse’ before being pushed over as he tried to stop two thieves shoplifting near Piccadilly Gardens1 . The pair had been stopped by the security guard outside City Tower in Piccadilly Plaza after trying to steal items from a nearby store. They then ran off down the street following the attack at 2.20pm on Thursday, October 12.
Pc Louise McFarlane, of GMP s City of Manchester team, said: This racial attack on a man simply going about his job is unacceptable.
It s appalling that this kind of thing can happen at any time, but especially in broad daylight in a very busy part of town.
I m asking for anyone who recognises the man in the image, or who was there at the time, to please come forward and help with our investigation.
Click to play Tap to play
The video will start in 8Cancel
Anyone with information can contact police on 101, quoting incident number 1128 of 12/10/17.
Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Got a story or an issue you want us to investigate ? Want to tell us about something going on where you live ? Let us know – in complete confidence – by emailing
Two security guards have been jailed after staging a 7 million fake robbery from their own cash-in-transit van outside Heathrow Airport. One of the pair was found several hours later tied up and left by a roadside, with the van abandoned and the cash missing in a bid to make it look like the two men were victims. Loomis employees Mohammad Siddique, 32, and Ranjeev Singh, 40, were each jailed for six-and-a-half years after they were found guilty of conspiracy to steal at Kingston Crown Court earlier in October.
Another man, Rafaqat Hussain, who helped Siddique and Singh organise the heist, and was said to be “at the heart of the conspiracy”, was sentenced for 10 years and three months after pleading guilty in September to helping stage the robbery, launder the money and commit burglary. The money has never been recovered. During the trial, prosecutor Sandip Patel QC said the “audacious theft” was worthy of a Hollywood script and “carefully planned and executed”.
“It was an audacious theft carefully planned and executed and you may think it would make a Hollywood movie script, they would call it the ‘Heathrow Heist’ if anyone wanted to write a script about it.”
How the heist unfolded
On March 14, a security van was loaded with 26 bags of cash belonging to Credit Suisse at the BA cargo depot at Heathrow Airport. Siddique drove it out of the security gates of the depot with Singh in the passenger seat. He then stopped the vehicle to allow Singh to take what was claimed to be a toilet break.
Siddique then drove off with the 7million in cash. Singh waited inside the toilet block for some time before raising the alarm. He claimed he could not contact anyone earlier as he had left his mobile phone in the vehicle.
The security van was later found abandoned with its engine still running in West View, Feltham, while Siddique was found a few hours later tied up and left by a roadside. When questioned by police he said he had been contacted weeks before the robbery by an unknown man at his home. He claimed the man threatened to burn his home down and forced him to take part in the plan.
Mobile phones revealed conspiracy links
Although Singh claimed he left his mobile phone in the van before it was driven off, it emerged he had a second phone all along, stored in his jacket pocket, which he used to speak to Siddique while he was in the toilet. Mobile phone data was also presented by the prosecution to the court to show that Siddique had been in contact with his co-conspirators on the day of the heist and was directly involved. Secret recordings made by a device planted by police in Hussain’s car caught him admitting “I had all the cash, 7 million” and also heard him boast that he could buy any car he wanted with the stolen cash.
He said: “Mate it was a job, I f****** robbed 7 million.
“I want to lie low, I could buy a Ferrari, I want to chill for about six months, buy a couple of houses, flip them and make a bit of money.”
Sentencing the pair at Kingston Crown Court, Judge Stephen John told Siddique and Singh they “must now pay the price” after playing “for high stakes”. He called the staged robbery “a sophisticated operation which involved meticulous planning and execution”, in which Siddique and Singh “played (their) parts to perfection”. The court heard there are more people involved in the case that have not been identified.
Prosecutor Sandip Patel QC said someone with inside information would have been involved, Hussain knew that Siddique and Singh had been “assigned the Credit Suisse run well before they were officially told at around 7.15am that morning” after calling Siddique at 5.42am to make it clear that would be the day of the heist. A further man, Garry Carrod, was jailed for three-and-a-half years after pleading guilty to conspiracy to commit burglary. He and Hussain, along with Hussain’s wife Razvana Zeib, both of Chadwick Road, Slough, organised a house they wanted to buy with their share of the 7 million to be ransacked in an attempt to bring down the price.
An 88-year-old woman was selling the house to fund a place in a care home, but after it was flooded and vandalised, with windows broken, her failure to tell insurers she was not living there at the time of the burglary meant they failed to pay out. Carrod, 34, from Taplow, Buckinghamshire, has 74 previous convictions, including one for conspiracy to steal vehicles with Hussain, who has 64 previous offences to his name. Hussain’s wife Zeib, 35, will be sentenced at a later date after she plead guilty to conspiracy to money launder and commit burglary.
Security guard accused of breaking the jaw and knocking out the teeth of a Sydney man outside a Gold Coast hotel
- WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
- Bouncer Dennis Faulkner has pleaded not guilty to breaking a man’s jaw
- Alleged victim Dominic Beinke suffered fracture jaw, knocked out teeth
- He denied provoking Faulkner before the attack on the Gold Coast in 2014
- CCTV footage shows the men scuffling on the ground outside a hotel
A Sydney 2man has denied provoking a security guard before being punched and having his jaw broken outside a Gold Coast hotel over three years ago. Dennis Hecta Tipene Faulkner is on trial on one count of grievous bodily harm at Southport District Court after the incident outside the Grand Chancellor Hotel in Surfers Paradise on February 9, 2014. Alleged victim Dominic Beinke suffered a double fracture to his left jaw after being punched by Faulkner following a scuffle between the pair, Mr Beinke’s brother Patrick, and another guard. Bouncer Dennis Faulkner has pleaded not guilty to breaking a man’s jaw during a scuffle
Alleged victim Dominic Beinke shows the aftermath of his devastating injuries
Faulkner pleaded not guilty to the charge as the trial, set down for three days, began on Monday. The court heard the incident occurred shortly after Mr Beinke escorted Patrick from a friend’s engagement party back to the hotel where he was staying with another brother and his partner. After being let into the venue by security, the pair got into an argument with security when they were denied access to the hotel due to Patrick not having a key or identification. Mr Beinke told the court while his brother had got aggressive and demanded to be let into the hotel, he’d attempted to defuse an escalating situation.
CCTV footage played in court showed Mr Beinke and Patrick arguing with Faulkner. Mr Beinke claimed the guard said he was going to ‘knock out’ the pair. The alleged victim suffered a double fracture to his left jaw after being punched by Faulkner following a scuffle Further footage outside the hotel showed Patrick and the other guard scuffling on the ground when Faulkner swings a right fist into Mr Beinke’s jaw, felling him and leaving him momentarily unconscious. Faulkner’s barrister Chris Rosser said Mr Beinke and his brother had both been aggressive when they were denied access to the room, with Mr Beinke pushing his forehead against Faulkner’s. He said Mr Beinke’s claims Faulkner had promised to ‘knock out’ the pair was false and the pair had been constantly swearing and abusing the guard before the incident.
Mr Beinke denied provoking Faulkner before the attack on the Gold Coast in 2014 Mr Beinke denied Mr Rosser’s claims he’d called Faulkner a ‘dumb black c***’ and told him to ‘f*** off back to New Zealand’.
‘I do not agree with that at all,’ Mr Beinke said. ‘I was saying ‘I’m not going to fight you’.’ Mr Beinke admitted he and his brother were ‘somewhat’ intoxicated at the time of the incident but he ‘knew what was happening’.
The trial continues.
Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.
‘; $(node).before(taboola_node); window._taboola = window._taboola || ; _taboola.push( mode: ‘thumbnails-b’, container: id, placement: “Stream Thumbnails ” + n); }; DM.has(‘infinite-list’, ‘InfiniteList’, url: ‘/api/infinite-list.html?channelShortName=news&pageSize=10’, total: 15.0, from: 0, onAfterAppend: function (container) var items = $(container).children(‘div’); if(!taboola_every_n) return; items.each(function () if (taboola_counter == 0) addTaboola(this); taboola_counter = taboola_every_n – 1; else taboola_counter–; }); } }); });