Security Officer MOD Facility Location: Millom, Cumbria LA19 5YR Hours: Various Shifts covering a 24/7 Security Operation
Due to a recently won contract Mitie is currently looking to add a number of SIA trained Security Officers to join the Total Security Management Team based on site at our Defence sector client in Millom, Cumbria. Reporting to the Security Team Leader the Security Officer is responsible for ensuring that the client s premises are protected and secure by carrying out control room, patrols and search duties whilst ensuring that all staff, contractors and visitors receive five star customer services. Job Details
- Restricting and controlling access to the establishment and operational buildings by enforcing the correct site access policies.
- To validate visitor identification and be responsible for the allocation and receipt of keys and passes.
- To process access requests and issue passes to employees, visitors and contractors in accordance with site security procedures.
- To be proficient in the use of the on-site computer based CCTV, Access Control and Visitor Management systems.
- To monitor fire and security systems and to investigate and respond to alarm activations.
- Carry out internal and external foot and mobile patrols in accordance with instructions.
- Conduct baggage and vehicle searches and compile security reports.
- Deal with lost, found and deposited property in accordance with instructions.
Key Skills & Experience
- Frontline Security Guarding, Door Supervision or Close Protection SIA licence (or have passed the relevant SIA training and hold valid certificates).
- A full five year checkable employment / education history
- Experience of delivering excellent Customer Service
- Previous experience in a security environment is desirable not essential
- Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
- Calm under pressure.
- Have understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Criminal, Civil Law and Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
- Ideally hold SC/DV Clearance or be able to obtain once employed
Successful applications for the position Security Officer, you would be required to work a variety shifts on in return you will be offered a competitive hourly rate, holiday allowance, pension as well as a range of company benefits.
You will also have access to comprehensive and ongoing training, free uniform and fully funded SIA renewal
To apply for the positions of Security Officer please follow the apply now function
See the original article here: Security Officer – MOD Facility – MITIE Security – Millom LA19
We have a role for an experienced Security Officer to join our team working a 7-day fortnight shift pattern, 6am to 6pm. To serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifies company personnel of visitor arrival; maintains security and telecommunications system. Main duties include:
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer’s instructions for house phone and console operation.
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers.
- Working as part of a team to provide Conflict Resolution assistance at premises where there is potential for conflict
- A valid front line SIA License or current certificate of completion of SIA front line training.
- Ideally holds a valid First Aid Certificate.
- Some experience of working within a Facilities environment.
- Ability to use initiative when required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in all Microsoft packages Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Flexible in approach and responds positively to working under pressure.
- Professional/smart appearance
Job Type: Full-time
Required licence or certification:
EXP Security are currently looking for SIA Response to work at Wembley Stadium. Shifts range from between 6 -12 hours as and when required. Pay will be between 13- 15 ph. What we expect from you: We are seeking articulate, smart and confident individuals with good customer service skills who can communicate with the general public in a confident manner.Key Areas Of Work As an essential part of our operational team, SIA security staff fulfil a range of crucial duties focused on maintaining good order such as Screening a person’s suitability to enter the event or venue. Conducting searches for unauthorised or illegal items. Responding to incidents within the queues or audience. Dealing with conflict inside or outside the venue. Restraining and escorting individuals away from the venue.
Providing a security presence to prevent and detect crime. Qualifications: DS/CP License and must hold minimum of an NVQ2 in Spectator Safety. You must have the proven right to work in UK, as well as the last 5 years checkable work history.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: 13.00 /hour
Continue reading here:
Wembley Stadium SIA Response