ME by Melia, part of Melia Hotels International In the middle of London s West End, ME is surrounded by theatres, boutiques and nightclubs. Art, music and design meet personalised service for an experience beyond mere accommodation.
Previous experience as a Security Officer in a 5* hotel environment * SIA certification essential (Door Supervisor or CP) * Any Heath and Safety, First Aid or Fire Marshall training or qualifications preferable * Customer service focus * Have flexible availability for both day and night shifts. * Exceptional English communication skills (verbal, listening, writing) * Pro-active and reliable * Motivational and creates team spirit * Efficient in multi-tasking in high pressure environments * Passionate about helping people Shift patterns
4 days on 4 days off shift pattern, 12 hour shifts We offer: * One of the most competitive salaries in the industry. * 22 paid holidays per annum inclusive of bank holidays * Complimentary meals on duty * Annual staff events * Discounted rates at Melia Hotels * Fantastic career growth opportunities.
Please apply send your CV if you are interested in this role Job Type: Full-time Salary: 27,000.00 /year
- hotel: 1 year
Required licence or certification:
Read more here:
Security Officer – ME by Melia London Hotel
The UK threat level has been severe for some time and this level will not change.
The level of threat is complex and ranges from lone actors intent on carrying out crude attacks to sophisticated networks pursuing ambitious and coordinated plots;
As always, we advise the public to remain vigilant and to report any suspicious behaviour or activity to the Anti Terrorism Hotline on 0800 789 321 or in an emergency the public should always call 999. Please reinforce that to your workforce. I appreciate that you have responsibility for the security of buildings and therefore a large number of people. It is important at times such as these that the police security stance and that of the private security sector is joined up. As a result, we are recommending that you consider some protective security tactics to aid your security at this time, whilst remembering that the threat level remains at SEVERE.
We know that terrorists will undertake hostile scouting ahead of conducting an attack and increased vigilance by staff and the creation of a hostile environment combats such hostile inspection. Please refresh the knowledge of staff that have received Project Griffin and Project Argus training and deploy staff who have received training in behavioural detection (where you have them). Please be proactive in challenging visitors, vehicles and anything out of place and consider the following options from our Stakeholder Menu of Options, particularly around crowded place, night time economy and iconic sites.
- Review patrol strategy (be unpredictable). Adopt high visibility clothing.
- Brigade resources with neighbouring contracts/buildings
- Report any suspicious activity in a timely manner. Early reporting of suspected hostile reconnaissance is vital in combating terrorism
- Implement communication links with surrounding premises to pass on information about suspicious activity/behaviour
- Consider closing non-essential access and egress points
- Focus CCTV on all communal areas and vulnerable points
- Ensure CCTV is fit for purpose
This is not an exclusive list and I recommend you look at the full menu and consider any other options that suit your premises or organisation. Please review your building and business continuity plans in the light of this attack. You should ensure that first aid points are fully stocked and the location of key equipment is made clear to all staff. We also recommend that staff are directed to the Citizen Aid app and Run, Hide, Tell on YouTube.
The number of casualties treated by the public highlights the importance of understanding first aid.
NaCTSO has refreshed its latest guidance on recognising the terrorist threat and I would recommend you access this at www.nactso.gov.uk
The following links provide additional useful information that may assist when deploying the tactical options:
Please also carry out your own reviews of security levels and some of you will have innovative and new ways of delivering protective security, which you may wish to share with other partners.
If you deploying such tactics and are willing to share them, please forward them to NaCTSO who will circulate them. Please contact them on email@example.com
Lucy D Orsi,
Deputy Assistant Commissioner, Specialist Operations, Metropolitan Police
Do you have what it takes to be part of the team in our Stratford store? With over 160 years of British heritage and tailoring expertise, there has never been a more exciting time to join the new look Moss Bros Group. With a raft of new concept stores and more to come, a newly invigorated product range and a focus on in-house service and training, we are continuing our renaissance at a pace in 2017.
We are currently recruiting for a Part Time Loss Prevention Assistant (13 hours per week) for our store in London Stratford. Objective: To oversee security within the store and responsible for greeting customers into the store.
To assist the team to deliver excellent customer service that in turn helps maximise sales for the business, both in stores and online. Key Outcomes Expected From Your Role:
- Every (potential) customer leaves the store with the view that Moss Bros can offer them expertise and assistance so they can dress with style and pride.
- Stock is managed in compliance with process.
- A happy, healthy and safe team environment.
- A secure store.
- High level of visual store standards consistently delivered.
Key Tasks: Customer Service
- Responsible for greeting/welcoming customers in to the store.
- Ensuring each customer is picked up by a member of staff.
Security & Stock Management
- Overseeing all security within the store.
- Responsible for covering the front of the store and ensuring awareness of all customers and visitors entering and leaving the store.
- Ensuring all visitors are signing in and out of the store and security checks are being made throughout their visit.
- Working with the store management team on how to reduce stock loss and assist in the training of security procedures throughout the store team.
- Working with the store management team in reviewing security processes within the store to ensure effect controls are in place and being adhered to.
- Logging all information and liaising with Audit regarding stock issues and thefts.
- Record keeping of all security processes.
- Working alongside the store management team to ensure stock checks and counts are carried out in line with Company process.
- Assisting with inbound and outbound deliveries.
- Daily checks of the CCTV system, including logging information following company procedures.
- Assisting the stores management team with staff bag & locker checks.
- A daily check of the Electronic Article Surveillance System (EAS) to ensure it detects security tags to the required standard.
- Ensuring security tags are in place on all relevant garments.
- Awareness of all Policy & Procedure documents relating specifically to security issues.
- Representing Moss Bros at all times by presenting a smart and tidy image in appearance and store standards.
- Help and support team members.
- Compliance with Health and Safety in store.
- Front line SIA license
Core Skills, Competencies & Knowledge:
- Excellent verbal communication skills; listening and speaking.
- Good attention to detail and respect for compliance against process.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Awareness of stock management
- Confident in dealing with stock loss issues and being able to deter and detect theft.
- The ability to operate CCTV is preferred.
- Ideally have knowledge of Data Protection and legislation covering theft i.e.
- Awareness of visual merchandising.
- Understanding of sales tools and techniques.
Job Type: Part-time