JOB PROFILE NAME:
Security Officer LINE MANAGED BY:
Facilities Service Manager PROFESSIONALLY REPORTS TO:
Facilities Service Manager
ROLE OVERVIEW Reporting to the Facilities Service Manager, the role of Security Officer involves working with a team of security guards to provide an efficient and professional security service to everybody on site. This is a permanent opportunity working various shifts. PURPOSE OF THE JOB The Security Guard is responsible for ensuring that all staff and visitors are in a safe and secure environment. KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB
- Provide a professional, efficient, and approachable security service whilst maintaining a high level of customer service to staff and visitors at all times.
- Carry out internal and external patrols, day and night to ensure a safe and secure environment, recording maintenance issues, potential breaches of security or unusual occurrences in the Daily occurrence book .
- To provide visitors to BT, with helpful advice, guidance and information and if not able to do so, direct to other members of staff who can assist.
- Ensure that those who should not be granted access to the building are professionally and politely prevented from gaining access or escorted from the building.
- Provide support in an emergency or evacuation situation, in a calm and professional manner. Actively provide information to any emergency services when requested to do so.
- As part of the team undertake regular testing of fire alarms and other security equipment, completing the appropriate logs, and notifying the Facilities Service Manager of any issues of malfunctioning equipment.
- Ensure and regularly check that all fire exit doors are maintained free of obstructions, reporting any defects or maintenance issues as appropriate.
- Monitor and respond immediately to alarm system activations to check designated areas of concern. Effectively use the PA system to notify BT staff and patrons of situations or actions required of them.
- Ensure that BT s CCTV system is professionally, effectively and sensitively monitored in compliance with BT s agreed standards.
- Conduct individual bag or property searches, if directed to do so by the Security Manager or other senior manager.
- Ensure the effective control and maintenance of keys and security equipment including any equipment e.g. radios.
- Conduct routine security administration including the issue of staff and visitor passes.
Ensure that any lost property left is securely stored, recorded and retrieved for the owner where appropriate.
- Maintain all security related equipment and working areas to a high standard of cleanliness and safety and ensure all defects are reported.
- Complete relevant records and log books, in a professional manner providing sufficient detail.
- Where necessary assist in the removal or escort of members of the public from the building where their behaviour is disruptive or presents a risk to others.
- Support and comply with the Fire, Health and Safety, and Security policies and procedures.
- Undertake first aid training and provide first aid services to staff, visitors or patrons as requested.
- Working with a Building Service Technician or Fire Officer, carry out the evacuation of people from lifts, to minimise panic and ensure the safety of all concerned.
- Assist in the induction and training of new members of the team.
- Deal with any suspicious packages, maintaining own and others safety and dealing with these in accordance with BT procedures.
- Actively maintain the confidentiality of information to which Officers will be privy, be this around individuals or security sensitive information in relation to the Building, and using appropriate language, particularly within the public door working environment.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Security Manager, Facilities Manager and/or BT management.
- Adhere to company policies, including PPE Procedures
- May be required from time to time to support the FM team
- The colleague must understand their environmental responsibilities and follow the BTFS environmental policy.
They must follow BTFS procedures and routines correctly to make sure that their work is in line with the environmental policy and support the business in achieving its environmental objectives.
- Responsible for the completion of a variety of straightforward, stand-alone tasks or high-volume transactions within set rules and instructions
- Takes instruction and will be subject to regular local supervision of progress against results and escalates issues when required
- Likely to be a member of a team that focuses on day-to-day routine tasks
- Responsible for the delivery of their own defined set of work including planning and decision-making
- Interacts with stakeholders around specific work efforts and deliverables
- Supports delivery of Health and Safety policy and standards
- Plays a role in a One Team approach, assisting other departments when possible
- Has awareness of cost/benefit as applicable to tasks performed
- Not typically responsible for supervising others- if they do, spends more than 80% of time as a team member rather than supervisor
- Not responsible for the development of others
KNOWLEDGE AND APPLIED SKILLS
- Able to perform role to the required standard within a short period after completion of training
- Current first aid certificate from a recognised Institution
- Current SIA essential
- Capable of using the Microsoft Office packages (Work, Excel, Outlook) and generally IT literate with knowledge of electronic security systems.
People Success Factors:
- Planning & Organising
- Building Relationships
- Delivery through People
- Business Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Contributing to Continuous Improvement
- Dealing with Change
- Be customer focused with a smart presentable appearance and willing to uphold the BT s customer service approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Security experience preferably as part of an in-house team
- Ability to maintain a sense of calm and control in difficult situations, minimising panic in others
- Reliable with excellent timekeeping
- Ability to use initiative and be adaptable
- Self-motivated with a willing and friendly approach
- Willingness to undertake a flexible shift pattern, to include night shifts in accordance with BT Sport s roster
- Ability to respond appropriately to alarms
- A good knowledge and appreciation of current security environments, the potential risks and threats and actions to mitigate these
ADDITIONAL ROLE INFORMATION
- To liaise daily with your Line Manager reporting to them any information relevant to the provision of the service
- Good communication skills
- Understanding of security specification
- Ability to work as a team
- Health and Safety awareness
- To perform any other duties which may be reasonably required by your Line Manager or the company
He/she may be required to attend any training at the company s request.
To apply please send your CV to Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
The overall purpose of this unique role is make sure the reception is run in an orderly manner and
guarantee security measures are enforced to keep our properties and staff safe at all times.
Reporting directly to the Head of Facilities, you will be responsible for ensuring all members of staff
and visitors to Cond Nast are greeted efficiently with a high level of customer service, act as the
switchboard overflow outside of normal business working hours as well as keeping the reception
tidy. A key duty in this role is to liaise with the Facilities team on a daily basis regarding all aspects
of Health and Safety, cleaning and to continually look for improvements in these areas.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the world’s largest magazine publishers in a front of
house capacity. Key Duties & Responsibilities
Greet staff and visitors to Cond Nast efficiently with a high level of customer service.
Act as the switchboard overflow outside of normal business working hours.
Keep the reception tidy.
Liaise with the Facilities team on a daily basis regarding all aspects of Health and Safety and cleaning.
Essential Skills & Requirements
Proven reception / front-of-house and customer service experience is essential.
Applicants should be computer literate with a high level of verbal and written communication skills.
SIA License holder, Fire Marshall training and/or First Aid training is advantageous but not essential.
Read the original:
Security Supervisor – Central London, E20 10.00, 56 hours per week rolling day and night shifts Excellent Benefit package
BTFS is a big player in the facilities management market. We’re a subsidiary of the BT Group of companies and operate an all-encompassing building support service across BT’s vast UK estate. We currently have a great opportunity for a Security Supervisor based in one of London’s most iconic buildings, delivering a high quality guarding and customer service to visitors and staff.
- To supervise, motivate and effectively deploy the security officers under their control.
- To train colleagues in accordance with site security procedures
- To liaise effectively with the Facilities Manager to ensure all shifts are covered by suitable officers
- To ensure that all officers under your supervision to ensure they are conversant with any new regulations and/or procedures.
- To ensure all relevant information is passed to the security team.
- To supervise security officers shifts and meal breaks.
- To liaise when necessary with external authorities such as the Fire Brigade and Police.
- Assist the Facilities Manager with the completion of site Assignment Instructions and risk assessments.
- To ensure all written records and log books are complete, contain sufficient detail and are up to date at all times.
- Maintain at all times the company s Confidentiality and Code of Conduct.
- To conduct Disciplinary Investigations when necessary.
- Take ownership on delivery of all services and standards.
- Ensure all Health & Safety and Fire Procedures are adhered too.
We are looking for a customer focused individual, who has experience of leading a team in a corporate environment.
SIA Licence essential, and basic IT Skills
Job Type: Full-time
- London E20
- Supervisor: 1 year
- Security: 4 years
Required licences or certifications:
- SIA Front line
- SIA CCTV
- SIA Door Supervisor Licence
See the original article here: Security Supervisor – BT Facilities Services