Discount Offers

Farb Gel UK Legal Self Defence Spray Personal Security Protection, Legal CS alt

£8.99
End Date: Monday Jun-26-2017 12:07:14 BST
Buy It Now for only: £8.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

TACTICAL CLASSIC ARMY MENS SHELL JACKET SKI SECURITY POLICE BLACK WATERPROOF

£44.99
End Date: Friday Jun-9-2017 10:49:22 BST
Buy It Now for only: £44.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

SIA Security Notebook SIA Approved Licensed Security

£5.75
End Date: Sunday Jun-18-2017 12:03:34 BST
Buy It Now for only: £5.75
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Personal Self Defence Spray UK's No1 Spray Legal Pepper Spray Clone UK Sale Only

£22.99
End Date: Wednesday Jun-21-2017 10:46:38 BST
Buy It Now for only: £22.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list
0024238
Visit Today : 1
Visit Yesterday : 1
This Month : 29
This Year : 149
Total Visit : 24238
Hits Today : 5534
Total Hits : 2029919
Who's Online : 1

doors

Waterloo security alert: Hundreds evacuated from the Old Vic theatre …

Hundreds of people were evacuated from a central London1 theatre following a “bomb scare”. Police confirmed that the Old Vic, near Waterloo station, was evacuated on Saturday afternoon due to a “security alert”, with people also told to leave nearby pubs and restaurants. Pictures emerged on social media of people leaving the theatre and a police2 cordon blocking nearby roads.

Star Wars actor John Boyega is playing the leading role in play Woyzeck at the Old Vic and reportedly joined visitors in a nearby garden as staff searched the building. One visitor told the Standard he had heard from officers that the play was evacuated due to a “bomb scare” following a phone call to staff. A Met Police spokeswoman said: “Police were called at 14:38pm on Saturday, May 27, to The Cut, Waterloo, to a report of a security alert at a theatre.

“The theatre took the decision to evacuate the building.”

People reported being sent to nearby Imperial War Museum gardens alongside the play’s cast while the building is being searched. Liam Joseph, 21, was in the crowds when he saw two production managers come to stop the play. He told the Standard: “I think I was one step ahead and I started to panic when I saw them come onto the stage.”

He added: “You start looking at the emergency exits and start planning things yourself.

“I spotted flashlights to my front and to my right and thought this can’t be good .

I saw that and thought – okay, something’s happening.”

He said the cast calmly left the stage and followed the theatre-goers out to the Imperial War Museum, praising staff for their “brilliant” reaction to the threat.

Theatregoers were reportedly told the play may restart after the building is thoroughly searched by officers.

He went on: “I’m with my girlfriend and we’re not not too keen on going back actually.”

Since the building was evacuated, the Metropolitan Police has confirmed the incident was stood down shortly after 4.20pm after “nothing suspicious was found.”

Waterloo Security Alert: Hundreds Evacuated From The Old Vic Theatre ...Reuse content3

References

  1. ^ central London (www.standard.co.uk)
  2. ^ police (www.standard.co.uk)
  3. ^ Reuse content (www.standard.co.uk)

Paris attack: 50000 troops and police mobilised

More than 50,000 police and soldiers have been “fully mobilised” after the killing of a police officer in Paris – and days before the country’s presidential election. The attacker shot dead by police on the Champs-Elysees on Thursday evening is believed to be Karim Cheurfi, 39. 1 A property being searched in the eastern Paris suburb of Chelles is understood to be his home and three members of his family have been taken into custody. A note praising the Islamic State (IS) group was found near the attacker, a source close to the investigation told the AFP news agency. French officials, speaking anonymously, said the suspect had been convicted of attempted murder in 2003 after a shooting incident against police.

Image: A picture of shooting suspect Karim Cheurfi from social media Image: Police have been searching a house where the attacker is believed to have lived

He was also detained in February for making threats against officers, but released because of lack of evidence. However, authorities are still to officially confirm the attacker’s identity. As the country prepares to vote, France’s prime minister, Bernard Cazeneuve, said more than 50,000 police and gendarmes, as well as 7,000 soldiers, had been mobilised to safeguard the election2 and protect polling stations.

“Nothing must hamper this democratic moment, essential for our country,” said Mr Cazeneuve. Far-right candidate Marine Le Pen used the aftermath of the attack to call for the government to immediately expel foreigners being monitored by intelligence services and reinstate France’s borders. Conservative candidate Francois Fillon said the fight against “Islamist totalitarianism” should be the priority for France’s next president.

Image: Armed police were on patrol again on Friday on the Champs-Elysees

“We are at war, there is no alternative, it’s us or them,” said Mr Fillon. In a video posted online, frontrunner for the presidency Emmanuel Macron said “the terrorist’s will is to destabilize the country”.

“In such circumstances, the role of the president of the Republic as the army chief and guardian of our institutions is to protect the French . I am ready,” he said.

Image: The public were ushered away from the scene as police drew their weapons

The attack happened when a silver Audi pulled up next to a police van on the famous Champs-Elysees avenue – usually packed with tourists heading to the Arc de Triomphe. The gunman got out and immediately used an assault rifle to shoot officers guarding an area near the Franklin Roosevelt metro station. He tried to run along the pavement, aiming at other police and hitting two of them. Other officers opened fire, killing the assailant.

As well as the two officers – who doctors now say are out of danger – a female German tourist was also wounded. A pump-action shotgun and knives were found in the gunman’s car.

:: Charlie Hebdo to Champs-Elysees – timeline of France terror attacks3 IS claimed it was responsible for the attack and named Abu Yusuf al Beljiki as the attacker. The pseudonym indicates the attacker was Belgian – something the country’s interior minister, Jan Jambon, has denied, insisting the attacker was French.

  1. Masked police on top of their vehicle on the Champs-Elysees

  2. An armed soldier secures a side road near the Champs-Elysees

  3. Forensics officers search a car on the Champs-Elysees

  4. Police officers block the access to the Champs-Elysees

  5. Police vehicles seen on the Champs-Elysees, near the Arc de Triomphe

  6. People raising their arms as they walk towards police on a side road near the Champs-Elysees

  7. Armed police officers block the access of a street near the Champs-Elysees

  8. An armed police officer on the Champs-Elysees

  9. Police officers searched people in the area after the attack on the Champs-Elysees

  10. Firefighters and rescuers stand by the site of the shooting on the Champs-Elysees

  11. French police vehicles drive in convoy through Paris streets after the shootout

  12. Police vehicles seen near the Eiffel Tower

  13. Police at the scene

  14. Champs-Elysees is locked down in Paris after the attack on police officers

  15. Police secure a side street

  16. Emergency services respond to the shooting

/

A witness, who identified himself as Chelloug, described hearing six shots4 during the attack. He said: “I thought they were firecrackers . In fact, he (the gunman) was hidden behind the van and shooting at the police. “I think he hit a policeman . As soon as the policeman opened the door of the van, he fell.” He said he and tourists fled to a shop. “We saw the policeman shoot the gunman who could have killed more of us.”

Image: The car believed to have been used in the attack

Police were seen pointing their weapons at members of public as they evacuated the area. Matthias Fekl, the French interior minister, paid tribute to the dead policeman and praised his colleagues who he said had “prevented a bloodbath”.

US President Donald Trump also tweeted his response to the attack, posting: “Another terrorist attack in Paris .

The people of France will not take much more of this .

Will have a big effect on presidential election!”

References

  1. ^ believed to be Karim Cheurfi, 39. (news.sky.com)
  2. ^ the election (news.sky.com)
  3. ^ :: Charlie Hebdo to Champs-Elysees – timeline of France terror attacks (news.sky.com)
  4. ^ six shots (news.sky.com)

Increased security and road closure at Kingsholm for Gloucester …

There will be increased security measures including search points at Gloucester’s Kingsholm stadium this weekend. The increased security measures will mean a full road closure from 2pm on Saturday in Kingsholm Road, prior to the Sale Sharks match. Those with parking permits to park at the ground are asked to ensure that they arrive in good time prior to the closure being put in place.

Read: Gloucester stars to give ‘exclusive insight’ at club evening1

Those using the Park and Ride service are advised that this service will drop supporters in Worcester Street by the bridge to allow the bus to return up Black Dog Way and return to the Park and Ride point . It will also collect from this point after the game. Supporters are also advised that there is also a Search Regime at all access points to the ground, so the club wishes to ask all supporters to ensure that they arrive in sufficient time to allow security staff time to carry out these measures. Gloucester Rugby would like to thank all concerned for their co-operation at this time. The Gloucester-Sale Sharks game kicks off at 3pm.

Read: POLL: Choose your Gloucester XV to face Sale2

References

  1. ^ Gloucester stars to give ‘exclusive insight’ at club evening (www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk)
  2. ^ POLL: Choose your Gloucester XV to face Sale (www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk)