CAIRO (Reuters) – Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi appointed a new armed forces chief of staff on Saturday, and the interior ministry dismissed several high-ranking officials in an apparent reorganisation of the country s security command.
Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi attends a news conference at the Elysee Palace in Paris, France, October 24, 2017 . REUTERS/Philippe Wojazer
No reason was given for the reshuffle, but the interior ministry decision came a week after a deadly attack on a police operation in a western desert area of Giza Province, in which the ministry said 16 police were killed after coming under heavy fire.
Egyptian forces have been fighting several armed Islamist groups, mostly in the northern part of the Sinai peninsula, since Sisi helped lead the military overthrow of President Mohamed Mursi of the Muslim Brotherhood in 2013.
Hundreds of members of the security forces have been killed in attacks by militants in recent years . A local Islamic State affiliate has been the main foe of the security forces in the north Sinai.
A statement from the presidency said Gen .
Mohamed Farid Hegazy would replace Gen . Mahmoud Hegazy, who has been made the president s adviser for strategic planning and crisis management.
In a separate statement, the interior ministry announced that it had replaced several high-ranking officials, including the head of homeland security, assistant to the minister for security in Giza province, the director of Giza s security and director of operations for central security.
It gave no further details on the shakeup . No militant group has yet claimed responsibility for last week s attack on the police in a remote desert area of Giza, about 130 km (80 miles) southwest of the capital Cairo.
Thirteen militants were killed in a raid on a farm hideout in the region on Friday . State news agency MENA quoted a security official as saying it was revenge for the blood of the men who were martyred last week in the oasis .
The vast western desert region has always been a security headache with arms flowing across the frontier with Libya, where militant groups have found shelter since the country fell into chaos after the 2011 end of Muammar Gaddafi s rule.
Sisi is a former military commander elected by a landslide in 2014 and presents himself as a bulwark against Islamist militancy . He is widely expected to run for re-election next year.
Reporting by Mostafa Hashem; Writing by Arwa Gaballa; Editing by Patrick Markey and Andrew Roche
The Operational Security Manager (UK) is responsible for providing daily operational support and guidance at project & office level, involving physical security support, security education & training, business continuity planning and security risk management to enable the smooth running of project/office. As a key member of the Group Security Team the Operational Security Manager (UK) must have detailed experience of operating within a corporate security environment. This will involve and require a detailed working knowledge of standard Operational Procedures, Risk Mitigation, Business Continuity Planning and Physical Security across a range of service delivery areas. Where required and if the risk warrants it to also potentially deploy in support of project implementation and set-up at an operational level. Region
UK About the role:
This is wide ranging role with responsibility for providing operational security support and guidance across the UK landscape to include security support & advice, internal auditing, employee education & training and risk management in support of the Security Team and the wider business. Amongst others, responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Support project & office teams with physical security support & advice
- Support the continued development of the WYG security strategy surrounding offices & facilities
- Support project teams to ensure proper security controls are implemented using WYG policies and procedures
- Develop UK security supplier contacts to support projects
- Must be able to perform hands-on support for a wide range of security technologies (Travel & Tracking)
- Able to deliver security education & awareness training
- Support the development of operational security policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines
- Support security auditing process across the Group s operations
- Assist the Group SHEQ Director with business continuity planning at an operational level
- Ensure that regular reviews of operational approach, policy and processes externally, benchmarking against relevant comparators to ensure continuous improvement and best practice within the organisation
Key Skills and Experience
- Military or Police operational background;
- Evidence of at least 10 years operational security service delivery & planning;
- Experience of delivering security services in all environments (hostile would be a bonus);
- Evidence of a detailed working knowledge of the best practise in privacy and security standards;
- Experienced in supporting Business Continuity Planning (Operational Level);
- Holder of a UK SIA Close Protection Licence;
- Trained in First Aide (FPOS or MIRA);
- Experienced in security investigation and resolution;
- Personnel and Information Security trained/aware;
- Audit trained seen as a positive;
- Protected marked Information awareness;
- Security Clearance is essential;
In return for your dedication, you ll enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, life insurance, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare, additional holiday and travel insurance. You ll also benefit from a tailored package or professional training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.
The WYG flexible benefits scheme was introduced in recognition of the fact that the needs and priorities of each individual differ.
WYG Flexible Benefits is a menu of benefit options which allows you to vary your remuneration package to suit your own personal circumstances.
Operational Security Manager
We are looking for highly talented and successful Account Director to join our growing and exciting business working in partnership with one of our prestigious clients. In this role you will be a field based Account Director you will take a leading stance and we are looking for an individual that can demonstrate the confidence, experience, drive, flexibility and determination to provide the highest standards of operational service throughout the UK. You will also possess the skills to motivate the staff to maintain the high standards required throughout the area.
Your ability to manage and direct the account will be critical to your success and that of VSG. You will enjoy leading from the front and drive performance through your account management skills. We are looking for a natural leader with the ability to motivate and develop others and commercial flair for maximising sales opportunities. Hands on and driven, you will inspire others with your passion for excellent account management. VSG have great opportunities for you to develop your career in security services and progress further up the ladder, this is an excellent time to join the UKs fastest growing security services organisation. The Role
- Act as the principle point of contact for the client regarding your account.
- Ensure all management information is accurate and professionally presented when required.
- Monitoring service levels and compliance to ensure delivery meets / exceeds the required standard were possible.
- Management of the resource requirements to prevent lost / untrained hours on the portfolio ensuring dedicated relief staff are effectively utilised.
- Ensuring teams are recruited, trained and performance managed in line with company guidelines and requirements whilst adhering to Company and legal procedures.
- Undertake out of hours on-call duties (on rotation|).
- Accountability for the profit and loss of the account.
- Empowers and supports the team to deliver a great service.
- Drive the contract service delivery for your account.
- Essential to have experience within a client facing role
- Essential to have experience in a people focussed role e.g. managing performance
- Must hold a valid non front line SIA licence as a minimum
- Previous people management experience including company procedures
- Working knowledge of employment legislation
- Health & Safety knowledge and experience
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and lead by example
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills
- Commercially aware with the business acumen to keep ahead of your competition and set VSG apart
- Stakeholder focussed approach
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft systems to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and the Internet
- Excellent attention to detail
- Committed to following procedures and ensuring tasks are fully completed
- A desire for continuous personal and professional development
- Must hold a full, clean driving licence
To apply for this role please email your CV to email@example.com
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus
- Company Car, Mobile Phone and Laptop
- Competitive holiday entitlement
- Life assurance
- Private Healthcare
- A wide range of discounts with selected companies
VSG has 7,000 employees and is the UK s fastest growing suppliers of security services to a variety of blue chip clients.
Our excellent service to our customers has allowed for market growth which means we continuously seek new and fresh talent to complement our current team as well as developing our people to reach their full potential.
Join our team and look forward to a challenging and rewarding role, with great results bringing great opportunity for recognition.
Read more here: Account Director – VSG