Main Responsibilities Greeting, assisting and directing members of the public visiting the premises of our client
Working as part of a team to provide Conflict Resolution assistance at client premises where there is potential for conflict
Presenting at all times, a smart, alert, visible and commanding presence at the premises of our clients
Ensuring the safety and security of our clients buildings and assets by carrying out all duties in full adherence with the Site Assignment Instructions.
Conducting shift handover procedures at the start and end of each shift to ensure all matters of concern or note occurring during a shift are passed on for the purposes of service and incident management continuity
Writing complete and accurate handover and incident reports and taking appropriate action as required on all reports passed to you at the commencement or during a duty shift. The Ideal Candidate
Prior experience of working as a Security Officer in the Security Industry
A valid front line SIA License or current certificate of completion of SIA front line training. To be considered for employment with G4S in this role you must be able to meet the following minimum requirements: Unrestricted right to work full time in the UK for a minimum period of 12 months
Be fluent in spoken and written English
Have a five year checkable employment history or be able to produce documentary evidence of any period of unemployment, self- employment or full and part time education during that period. PRORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO THOSE APPLICANTS WHO HOLD A VALID FRONTLINE SIA LICENSE OR SIA TRAINING CERTIFICATE About The Company
G4S is a FTSE 100 Company and the world’s leading provider of security solutions, with operations in over 100 countries Worldwide. G4S Secure Solutions (UK) Limited is one of the largest Business units in the G4S Group and the largest Security Services Company in the UK, with an annual turnover of approximately 440m and employing 20,000 people. Our success depends on the commitment of our employees to providing excellent customer service to all internal as well as external customers.
G4S is a global company with a diverse employee team and we welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Customer Care Officer/C262/82571/1
We have a role for an experienced Security Officer to join our team working a 7-day fortnight shift pattern, 6am to 6pm. To serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifies company personnel of visitor arrival; maintains security and telecommunications system. Main duties include:
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer’s instructions for house phone and console operation.
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers.
- Working as part of a team to provide Conflict Resolution assistance at premises where there is potential for conflict
- A valid front line SIA License or current certificate of completion of SIA front line training.
- Ideally holds a valid First Aid Certificate.
- Some experience of working within a Facilities environment.
- Ability to use initiative when required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in all Microsoft packages Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Flexible in approach and responds positively to working under pressure.
- Professional/smart appearance
Job Type: Full-time
Required licence or certification:
- Control all access and egress to a large petrochemical site.
- Handling all site emergency communications including telephone and radio,
- Be fluent is all relevant site emergency procedures and actions to take.
- Monitoring the operation of all site barriers.
- Monitoring close circuit TV (CCTV) cameras.
- Routine security patrols.
- Carry out random vehicle speed checks.
- Conduct random security searches on personnel and vehicles.
- Carry out relevant security audits as per the monthly schedule.
- General administration duties.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will have: A full current driving licence Excellent communication skills Excellent awareness skills Experience in working in a similar role A SIA Licence holder Manned Guarding Licence, SIA Licence holder CCTV desirable Knowledge of security techniques Knowledge of site and local emergency procedures.
About The Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland). In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Read More: Security Communications Officer