AUGUST is a good month for break-ins, because many of us leave our homes unoccupied while we hightail it to Tuscany or Torremolinos . But a remotely controlled security camera back home can be as good as – or better than – a house sitter. The current fad for home automation products has spawned a raft of cameras that record what is going on and allow you to access the footage from wherever you are . They don t actively deter intruders but they do arm you with the evidence if you need it . More importantly, perhaps, they provide some peace of mind when home is far away. All of them work in more or less the same way, connecting to the internet and uploading footage to a cloud, from where it can be accessed by PC or phone . Most have sensors that can start recording when movement is detected, and some can be panned and swivelled remotely.
But while the technology is similar, the business models of the manufacturers vary greatly . In particular, some require you to pay a monthly fee to record and play video; others include everything in the purchase price. Recording and playing back your footage is a must for practical use . Any camera will let you watch live, and many will alert you when they detect something, but unless you can search and see events retrospectively, your evidence will vanish into the breeze. Less essential but still useful features on some models include the ability to store footage on an SD card in the camera itself, and two-way audio to communicate with someone back home. All security cameras have companion apps that let you watch footage on your phone, but the design and functionality of these varies enormously . The market has matured greatly in recent years, and the interface of my BT Smart HomeCam from 2014 seems rudimentary now. The Evo range from Y-Cam is among the newer entrants to the market, offering seven days rolling cloud storage of video clips for the first three years, as part of the upfront 129 . The range includes indoor and outdoor models, and can he had as bundles at a slight cost saving.
It is by selling you more than one camera that manufacturers try to lock you into whatever subscription model they are offering . The outlay is too great for you to replace them all and go elsewhere, they figure . But there are also advantages to you, since you can view and control all your cameras from a single app, like a security officer in a shopping mall. Security cameras typically record video in high definition, though not necessarily the highest available, and HD recording tends to be used as a sales incentive . In fact, for security use the definition hardly matters – the ability to compensate for bright sunlight and to shoot clearly at night is far more useful . A lens with a wide field of vision is also worth having, so you can position it without blind spots. Where to place these cameras is an art in itself . Nearly all need mains power, and it s a challenge to run cables discreetly along walls without compromising the view . It s also worth bearing in mind that if the power to your home is cut, so is the video feed.
Your intended use for a security camera – child minder, pet monitor, web cam – will dictate the functions you need, but even from those few examples, it s plain to see how easily they could become part of your life.
Monday – Sunday (Days & Nights) Job Description We are looking for professional Security Officers to protect our customer sites, assets and personnel.
You will be a visual deterrent on site to help prevent any theft, damage or other illegal activities to take place. Your duties would include, but are not limited to; Gate house duties, liaising with clients, visitors and delivery drivers and patrolling. Key Responsibilities
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry to authorised personnel only
- Prevent loss and damage to client sites by reporting irregularities
- Observe for signs of crime or disorder and investigate disturbances
- Take accurate notes to complete reports, log book entries and all relevant paperwork to a high standard – including reporting in detail any incidents occurring whilst on duty
- Monitor and control access at building entrances and vehicle gates including controlling traffic
- Ensure risk assessment and assignment instructions are followed at all times to meet the customer requirements
- Deal with customers, staff and visitors in a professional manner
- You must at all times conduct yourself in a manner which brings credit to Churchill Security Ltd and take appropriate care of all equipment and uniform issued
- You must ensure you attend sites in full, clean Churchill Security Ltd uniform and present yourself in a professional manner (Uniform will be issued upon induction)
- To assist in training new security officers in all aspects of their job
- You may also need to attend training courses, as instructed by the management team or certain customers.
- You will be responsible for ensuring you are fully aware and understand the health and safety policy of both Churchill Security Ltd and the site you are working on.
- To take effective action in an emergency and co-operate fully with the relevant services
- Carry out any other Duties of a reasonable request by the client
Person Specification Essential
- Valid SIA License
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good Organisational skills
- Ability to deal with clients
- High level of professionalism
- Flexible working hours
- Reliable with excellent time keeping
- Ability to use initiative and be adaptable
- Ability to work effectively on your own and part of a team
- Computer literate- Microsoft
- Experience working with the Security industry
- Driving licence
- First aid Qualification
- Enthusiastic and willing to develop new skills
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in working with Churchill Security Ltd who are in the TOP 5% of ACS approved companies and have a professional presence nationwide then please apply today and kick start your security career Job Type: Full-time
Salary: 8.00 /hour
- Exeter EX5
- Security: 1 year
Required licences or certifications:
- Driving License
Read More: Security Officer – Churchill Security Ltd
We now have an exciting opportunity for an Area Security Officer to join the G4S Secure Solutions (UK) team delivering security services to multiple sites in the Grimsby and the surrounding areas.
Main Responsibilities This is a full time, permanent role with guaranteed hours travelling to multiple sites in the area providing surge requirement, absence and holiday cover.
Presenting at all times, a smart, alert, visible and commanding security presence at the premises of our clients
Conducting shift handover procedures at the start and end of each shift to ensure all matters of concern or note occurring during a shift are passed on for the purposes of service and incident management continuity
Writing complete and accurate handover and incident reports and taking appropriate action as required on all reports passed to you at the commencement or during a duty shift
Ensuring the safety and security of our clients buildings and assets by carrying out all duties in full adherence with the Site Assignment Instructions.
Working as part of a team to provide Conflict Resolution assistance at client premises where there is potential for conflict
Greeting, assisting and directing members of the public visiting the premises of our client
SR maintenance duties – to be able to carry out basic tasks like climbing ladders etc.
Must own vehicle and be willing to travel The Ideal Candidate
Prior experience of working as a Security Officer in the Security Industry
A valid front line SIA Licence or current certificate of completion of SIA front line training
A full UK Driving Licence and reliable own transport To be considered for employment with G4S in this role you must be able to meet the following minimum requirements: Unrestricted right to work full time in the UK for a minimum period of 12 months
Be fluent in spoken and written English
Have a five year checkable employment history or be able to produce documentary evidence of any period of unemployment, self- employment or full and part time education during that period
Full UK Driving Licence
Access to a reliable vehicle
PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO THOSE APPLICANTS WHO HOLD A VALID FRONTLINE SIA LICENCE OR SIA TRAINING CERTIFICATE About The Company
G4S is the world’s leading provider of security solutions, with operations in over 100 countries Worldwide. G4S Secure Solutions (UK) Limited is one of the largest Business units in the G4S Group and the largest Security Services Company in the UK, with an annual turnover of approximately 440m and employing 20,000 people. Our success depends on the commitment of our employees to providing excellent customer service to all internal as well as external customers. G4S is a global company with a diverse employee team and we welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Read the original post: Area Security Officer/B362/87711/1