Security Products – Radios – Kenwood
I ll admit it: I m a bit of a handheld radio snob.
A few years ago, several Chinese radio manufactures (Baofeng4, Wouxun5, TDXone6 and TYT7 to name a few) started flooding the market with inexpensive handheld transceivers radios that literally cost a fraction of those produced by the big three. Where a Yaesu dual band handheld might cost between $150-250 US, a Baefeng model might cost $25-50 US.
As one might imagine, these inexpensive transceivers gained quite a following in the ham radio community and with preparedness/communications enthusiasts.
I ve read that many of these ultra-cheap transceivers are difficult to program and I m sure that s one of the factors that has kept me from purchasing one.
I also assumed that a $25 radio must be very poorly constructed.
Seems I m incorrect at least on this point.
UV-5R accessories. Click to enlarge.
- a ANT5 SMA-J flexible antenna,
- BL-5 Li-ion battery (7.4V 1800 mAh),
- belt clip,
- wrist strap,
- AC adapter (8.4V 600ma)
- and drop-in charger.
Frankly, it s hard to believe you get so much radio for the price.
Curiosity is getting the best of me and I believe I very well may purchase a UV-5R13 in the coming days. I ll probably purchase the USB programming cable as well14 (anything to make it easier to program).
Readers: if you have the UV-5R, please post your comments about this little radio.
I m curious if you find it easy to use and if the battery life has held up over time.
Any tricks for programming it?
- ^ Yaesu (www.yaesu.com)
- ^ Kenwood (www.kenwoodusa.com)
- ^ Icom (www.icomamerica.com)
- ^ Baofeng (amzn.to)
- ^ Wouxun (amzn.to)
- ^ TDXone (www.universal-radio.com)
- ^ TYT (universal-radio.com)
- ^ the following video (youtu.be)
- ^ Baofeng UV-5R (amzn.to)
- ^ Baofeng UV-5R (amzn.to)
- ^ $25.80 US shipping included (amzn.to)
- ^ UV-5R (amzn.to)
- ^ purchase a UV-5R (amzn.to)
- ^ I ll probably purchase the USB programming cable as well (amzn.to)
- ^ Click here to view the Baofeng UV-5R on Amazon (amzn.to)
Police were at the scene for most of the night.
A pipe bomb has been found during a security alert in Belfast.
A suspicious object was found in the Island Street area of east Belfast at around 1.40am on Thursday morning.
- Go To
Following a security alert, army bomb disposal experts declared the object as a viable pipe bomb device.
No homes were evacuated and the alert ended just before 6am this morning.
Police have appealed for anyone with information to get in touch.
Basic Descriptions Walkie Talkie Model: Baofeng BF-888s Rated Voltage: 3.7V DC Battery type: Li-ion battery Battery capacity: 1500mAh Color: Black Weight: 180g Hot Spots Dual band or Single band: Single band Dual frequency or Single frequency: Single frequency Frequency Range: UHF: 400-470MHz Memory Channel: 16 Built-in Led torch CTCSS/DCS function: Yes Scanning function: Yes Monitor function: Yes TOT function: Yes Built-in Led torch: Yes Emergency alarm function: Yes Low battery alarm: Yes Powe.. ..
Who Bought Baofeng BF-888S Two Way Radio and USB Programming Cable Also Reviews
BaoFeng BF-S112 Two Way Radio Speaker (4 PACKS)
Retevis 2 Pin PTT Covert Air Acoustic Tube Headset Earpiece for Kenwood PUXING Baofeng UV-5R UV-5RA 888S Retevis H777 2 Way Radio Walkie Talkies (10 Pack)
- Almost All with a two pin plug, former pin diameter of 3.5 mm and 2.5 mm in diameter after pin, double pin from 8 mm within, 11 mm center distance of 2 pin
- The acoustic tube fits snugly in the ear and keeps your conversations private
- 360 stainless fixed clip that you can fix the PTT to the convenient place
- Excellent for use in police, military, nightclubs, bars, paintball, security, restaurants, hotels, bouncer, warehouses, and noisy environments
- Notice: If your walkie-talkie type is not in the list above, please see my other items or email us your model number, then, we will help you find one that suits for you