By Reporter,26 Apr 2017 6.00am
Nightly security guard patrols have been removed from Dundee city centre, it has been reported. Guards have patrolled City Square and the surrounding area on 12-hour shifts for several years. They were asked to check in at points throughout the centre while trying to curb antisocial behaviour.
Now it is claimed the patrols have been dropped by Dundee City Council. Night shift cover at the council s Dundee House building has also been removed, it is understood. A council spokesman refused to elaborate on the reported changes, citing security reasons .
However, the administration notes changes to security arrangements at Dundee House and City Square in its annual budget report. The changes, the administration claims, will involve improved risk management and more effective use of technology (which) will enable increased efficiency in this area . An industry source that a long-standing security arrangement for guards to patrol both the city centre and Dundee House has been withdrawn.
In 2014, figures emerged showing the council spends around 40,000 every year on security guards for City Square. City development convener Councillor Will Dawson said at the time: Costs of vandalism and graffiti have greatly reduced since security was introduced at City Square.
The presence of security helps to protect property, while offering reassurance for staff who work in the square. Earlier this month, figures were published showing the administration has spent 250,000 on maintaining CCTV cameras in Dundee over the last four years.
See more here:
Counter Terrorism Expo
We are looking for highly talented and successful Account Director to join our growing and exciting business working in partnership with one of our prestigious clients. In this role you will be a field based Account Director you will take a leading stance and we are looking for an individual that can demonstrate the confidence, experience, drive, flexibility and determination to provide the highest standards of operational service throughout the UK. You will also possess the skills to motivate the staff to maintain the high standards required throughout the area.
Your ability to manage and direct the account will be critical to your success and that of VSG. You will enjoy leading from the front and drive performance through your account management skills. We are looking for a natural leader with the ability to motivate and develop others and commercial flair for maximising sales opportunities. Hands on and driven, you will inspire others with your passion for excellent account management. VSG have great opportunities for you to develop your career in security services and progress further up the ladder, this is an excellent time to join the UKs fastest growing security services organisation. The Role
- Act as the principle point of contact for the client regarding your account.
- Ensure all management information is accurate and professionally presented when required.
- Monitoring service levels and compliance to ensure delivery meets / exceeds the required standard were possible.
- Management of the resource requirements to prevent lost / untrained hours on the portfolio ensuring dedicated relief staff are effectively utilised.
- Ensuring teams are recruited, trained and performance managed in line with company guidelines and requirements whilst adhering to Company and legal procedures.
- Undertake out of hours on-call duties (on rotation|).
- Accountability for the profit and loss of the account.
- Empowers and supports the team to deliver a great service.
- Drive the contract service delivery for your account.
- Essential to have experience within a client facing role
- Essential to have experience in a people focussed role e.g. managing performance
- Must hold a valid non front line SIA licence as a minimum
- Previous people management experience including company procedures
- Working knowledge of employment legislation
- Health & Safety knowledge and experience
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and lead by example
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills
- Commercially aware with the business acumen to keep ahead of your competition and set VSG apart
- Stakeholder focussed approach
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft systems to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and the Internet
- Excellent attention to detail
- Committed to following procedures and ensuring tasks are fully completed
- A desire for continuous personal and professional development
- Must hold a full, clean driving licence
To apply for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus
- Company Car, Mobile Phone and Laptop
- Competitive holiday entitlement
- Life assurance
- Private Healthcare
- A wide range of discounts with selected companies
VSG has 7,000 employees and is the UK s fastest growing suppliers of security services to a variety of blue chip clients.
Our excellent service to our customers has allowed for market growth which means we continuously seek new and fresh talent to complement our current team as well as developing our people to reach their full potential.
Join our team and look forward to a challenging and rewarding role, with great results bringing great opportunity for recognition.
Read more here: Account Director – VSG