Reference Library – Job Search
JOB PROFILE NAME:
Security Officer LINE MANAGED BY:
Facilities Service Manager PROFESSIONALLY REPORTS TO:
Facilities Service Manager
ROLE OVERVIEW Reporting to the Facilities Service Manager, the role of Security Officer involves working with a team of security guards to provide an efficient and professional security service to everybody on site. This is a permanent opportunity working various shifts. PURPOSE OF THE JOB The Security Guard is responsible for ensuring that all staff and visitors are in a safe and secure environment. KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB
- Provide a professional, efficient, and approachable security service whilst maintaining a high level of customer service to staff and visitors at all times.
- Carry out internal and external patrols, day and night to ensure a safe and secure environment, recording maintenance issues, potential breaches of security or unusual occurrences in the Daily occurrence book .
- To provide visitors to BT, with helpful advice, guidance and information and if not able to do so, direct to other members of staff who can assist.
- Ensure that those who should not be granted access to the building are professionally and politely prevented from gaining access or escorted from the building.
- Provide support in an emergency or evacuation situation, in a calm and professional manner. Actively provide information to any emergency services when requested to do so.
- As part of the team undertake regular testing of fire alarms and other security equipment, completing the appropriate logs, and notifying the Facilities Service Manager of any issues of malfunctioning equipment.
- Ensure and regularly check that all fire exit doors are maintained free of obstructions, reporting any defects or maintenance issues as appropriate.
- Monitor and respond immediately to alarm system activations to check designated areas of concern. Effectively use the PA system to notify BT staff and patrons of situations or actions required of them.
- Ensure that BT s CCTV system is professionally, effectively and sensitively monitored in compliance with BT s agreed standards.
- Conduct individual bag or property searches, if directed to do so by the Security Manager or other senior manager.
- Ensure the effective control and maintenance of keys and security equipment including any equipment e.g. radios.
- Conduct routine security administration including the issue of staff and visitor passes.
Ensure that any lost property left is securely stored, recorded and retrieved for the owner where appropriate.
- Maintain all security related equipment and working areas to a high standard of cleanliness and safety and ensure all defects are reported.
- Complete relevant records and log books, in a professional manner providing sufficient detail.
- Where necessary assist in the removal or escort of members of the public from the building where their behaviour is disruptive or presents a risk to others.
- Support and comply with the Fire, Health and Safety, and Security policies and procedures.
- Undertake first aid training and provide first aid services to staff, visitors or patrons as requested.
- Working with a Building Service Technician or Fire Officer, carry out the evacuation of people from lifts, to minimise panic and ensure the safety of all concerned.
- Assist in the induction and training of new members of the team.
- Deal with any suspicious packages, maintaining own and others safety and dealing with these in accordance with BT procedures.
- Actively maintain the confidentiality of information to which Officers will be privy, be this around individuals or security sensitive information in relation to the Building, and using appropriate language, particularly within the public door working environment.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Security Manager, Facilities Manager and/or BT management.
- Adhere to company policies, including PPE Procedures
- May be required from time to time to support the FM team
- The colleague must understand their environmental responsibilities and follow the BTFS environmental policy.
They must follow BTFS procedures and routines correctly to make sure that their work is in line with the environmental policy and support the business in achieving its environmental objectives.
- Responsible for the completion of a variety of straightforward, stand-alone tasks or high-volume transactions within set rules and instructions
- Takes instruction and will be subject to regular local supervision of progress against results and escalates issues when required
- Likely to be a member of a team that focuses on day-to-day routine tasks
- Responsible for the delivery of their own defined set of work including planning and decision-making
- Interacts with stakeholders around specific work efforts and deliverables
- Supports delivery of Health and Safety policy and standards
- Plays a role in a One Team approach, assisting other departments when possible
- Has awareness of cost/benefit as applicable to tasks performed
- Not typically responsible for supervising others- if they do, spends more than 80% of time as a team member rather than supervisor
- Not responsible for the development of others
KNOWLEDGE AND APPLIED SKILLS
- Able to perform role to the required standard within a short period after completion of training
- Current first aid certificate from a recognised Institution
- Current SIA essential
- Capable of using the Microsoft Office packages (Work, Excel, Outlook) and generally IT literate with knowledge of electronic security systems.
People Success Factors:
- Planning & Organising
- Building Relationships
- Delivery through People
- Business Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Contributing to Continuous Improvement
- Dealing with Change
- Be customer focused with a smart presentable appearance and willing to uphold the BT s customer service approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Security experience preferably as part of an in-house team
- Ability to maintain a sense of calm and control in difficult situations, minimising panic in others
- Reliable with excellent timekeeping
- Ability to use initiative and be adaptable
- Self-motivated with a willing and friendly approach
- Willingness to undertake a flexible shift pattern, to include night shifts in accordance with BT Sport s roster
- Ability to respond appropriately to alarms
- A good knowledge and appreciation of current security environments, the potential risks and threats and actions to mitigate these
ADDITIONAL ROLE INFORMATION
- To liaise daily with your Line Manager reporting to them any information relevant to the provision of the service
- Good communication skills
- Understanding of security specification
- Ability to work as a team
- Health and Safety awareness
- To perform any other duties which may be reasonably required by your Line Manager or the company
He/she may be required to attend any training at the company s request.
To apply please send your CV to Rachel.email@example.com
TO APPLY FOR THIS VACANCY YOU MUST HAVE A VALID SIA LICENCE POSITION: Security Officer AREA: Wirral
- Dealing with confrontational situations and respond to them in a professional manner
- To act within the authorities set out by Management and the company s working procedures
- To carry out any other duties as directed by supervisor
- Site Patrolling
- Assisting customers
- Acting as a visual deterrent
- Required to complete incidents reports and site paper work
- Liaising with Management
- Valid SIA Licence
- You will need a 5 year checkable background
- You must be over the age of 18 years
- Provide documentation which demonstrates your eligibility to work within the UK
48+hrs 7.20 per hour, days, Nights and Weekends
Job Type: Full-time
Required licence or certification:
- SIA Licence
Do you have what it takes to be part of the team in our Stratford store? With over 160 years of British heritage and tailoring expertise, there has never been a more exciting time to join the new look Moss Bros Group. With a raft of new concept stores and more to come, a newly invigorated product range and a focus on in-house service and training, we are continuing our renaissance at a pace in 2017.
We are currently recruiting for a Part Time Loss Prevention Assistant (13 hours per week) for our store in London Stratford. Objective: To oversee security within the store and responsible for greeting customers into the store.
To assist the team to deliver excellent customer service that in turn helps maximise sales for the business, both in stores and online. Key Outcomes Expected From Your Role:
- Every (potential) customer leaves the store with the view that Moss Bros can offer them expertise and assistance so they can dress with style and pride.
- Stock is managed in compliance with process.
- A happy, healthy and safe team environment.
- A secure store.
- High level of visual store standards consistently delivered.
Key Tasks: Customer Service
- Responsible for greeting/welcoming customers in to the store.
- Ensuring each customer is picked up by a member of staff.
Security & Stock Management
- Overseeing all security within the store.
- Responsible for covering the front of the store and ensuring awareness of all customers and visitors entering and leaving the store.
- Ensuring all visitors are signing in and out of the store and security checks are being made throughout their visit.
- Working with the store management team on how to reduce stock loss and assist in the training of security procedures throughout the store team.
- Working with the store management team in reviewing security processes within the store to ensure effect controls are in place and being adhered to.
- Logging all information and liaising with Audit regarding stock issues and thefts.
- Record keeping of all security processes.
- Working alongside the store management team to ensure stock checks and counts are carried out in line with Company process.
- Assisting with inbound and outbound deliveries.
- Daily checks of the CCTV system, including logging information following company procedures.
- Assisting the stores management team with staff bag & locker checks.
- A daily check of the Electronic Article Surveillance System (EAS) to ensure it detects security tags to the required standard.
- Ensuring security tags are in place on all relevant garments.
- Awareness of all Policy & Procedure documents relating specifically to security issues.
- Representing Moss Bros at all times by presenting a smart and tidy image in appearance and store standards.
- Help and support team members.
- Compliance with Health and Safety in store.
- Front line SIA license
Core Skills, Competencies & Knowledge:
- Excellent verbal communication skills; listening and speaking.
- Good attention to detail and respect for compliance against process.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Awareness of stock management
- Confident in dealing with stock loss issues and being able to deter and detect theft.
- The ability to operate CCTV is preferred.
- Ideally have knowledge of Data Protection and legislation covering theft i.e.
- Awareness of visual merchandising.
- Understanding of sales tools and techniques.
Job Type: Part-time