Reference Library – Job Search
Job Summary WOULD you be interested in working in an SIA role for JDAM Security at exciting events/ sites in Wales? We are recruiting for Casual Staff both male & female (SIA), so apply now for a chance to take up one of these positions. Casual Security Staff (SIA)
The hours of work available are varied and flexible.You will form an essential part of the venue safety management team, controlling entry and maintaining good order whilst being aware of and ensuring the absolute care, comfort and well-being of a range of audiences.We strive to achieve a high level of customer care and to ensure all customers receive a good experience and service. MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Screening a person’s suitability to enter the event or venue e.g. individuals under the influence of alcohol or drugs or demonstrating anti social behaviour.
- This includes those who are searching bags to ensure that there is no unauthorised access or any damage to property or injury to others.
- Searching of persons and/or property to prevent items that are unauthorised or illegal from entering the premises e.g.
cameras, alcohol, drugs or weapons.
- Responding to incidents within crowds, queues or the audience to control behaviour which is antisocial, undesirable or likely to result in harm to others.
- Ejecting individuals from a venue or event or designated area e.g. concert pit or backstage areas
- Protecting a pitch, track or other identifiable area from spectators or others with the intention of preventing damage to property or persons.
- Providing a security presence to prevent and detect crime within a designated area.
- Guarding a property and/or equipment in site during the setup and breaking down of, for example, an event or exhibition.
- Patrolling the perimeter of an event to prevent unauthorised entry gained by individuals, through the climbing or breaching of any fences or barriers, or through being let in via an access
Please note: You must be the holder of a current SIA Licence (Door Supervisor/Close Protection) for this role. Job Type: Security Officer : 9.00 – 12.00 /hour
- Various venues/sites throughout Wales
- High school or equivalent
- but does not matter if you don’t have experience:
Required licence or certification:
- Driver’s License
- SIA Door supervisors or Close protection license
Salary: 9 – 12.00 /hour
Read this article:
Security Officer – JDAM Security
0hrs -Concierge / Security Officer’s position has arisen for prestigious client in Battersea. Duties include general security and customer service duties. Successful candidate will need to be flexible-valid SIA License is a must!
- Monitor access and egress of personnel and respond to breaches
- To conduct patrols of the premises
- Maintain clear and legible records and log book
- A valid SIA licence
- Ability to travel across sites as and when necessary
- Flexibility to support business requirements as and when appropriate
- Sound communication and customer service
Shifts : 8am-4pm/2pm-8pm/8pm-8am Job Type: 0hrs Salary: 8.50 /hour
Job Type: Contract
Salary: 8.50 /hour
- security: 3 years
Read this article:
0hrs Concierge – Mainstay Facilities Management
In this role, you will ensure the efficient and safe operation of all services within the contract supplied by OCS as well as supporting the local Facilities Manager in managing all services required on any given site. This is to include any peripheral services supplied to the client such as window cleaning, pest control, hygiene or any other service provided by OCS, as well as those services offered by any other onsite service providers.
The role requires a close alignment to the client’s equivalent Service Manager, and working in conjunction must ensure that the running of the portfolio is seamless in terms of the Property & Facilities Service delivery and ensure support is provided where requested. This requires strong and effective relationships to be forged on all sites within remit and ensure that collaborative working is at the forefront of the delivery.
You will provide a quality service delivery to all customers in accordance with company procedures ensuring effective and adequate financial forecasting, budgeting and analysis of direct cost and overhead.
- To ensure Property & Facilities (P&F) services are delivered effectively and are aligned to agreed contractual outputs and customers needs.
- To support P&F delivery functions as required to ensure that customer needs are met.
- To manage local customer relationships.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the delivery of all services in your specific area to provide consistently high levels of performance that meet contractual obligations to customers and the strategic objectives of the Division
- Having P & L accountability for your area of operation and ensuring that it is managed within budget, ensuring that maximum revenue and forecast gross margin are achieved
- Communicating clearly and positively with staff at all levels to create a focus on business goals and build an environment where all staff are valued for their contribution
- Building a network of close partnerships with customers in the area, developing strong account management and encouraging multi-level relationships between all services, teams and customer teams
- Liaising with other Facilities Managers to ensure high levels of staff motivation and productivity, increasing staff retention
- Liaising with OCS internal and external statutory bodies to ensure compliance with OCS and industry regulations with particular emphasis on ISO quality systems and health & safety.
- Recruiting, developing and if necessary, managing the performance of all onsite operational management to deliver OCS and customer requirements within the Area.
- You will need to be highly literate and numerate (essential) ideally to degree level or equivalent
- Preferably BICS qualified
- To have an SIA Licence, non front line (desirable)
Work experience/Personal attributes
- Significant management experience operating within a multi site / service sector environment
- Proven track record in delivering effective customer service whilst maintaining appropriate operating margins
- Previous experience of engaging and managing a large, diverse workforce
- Thorough working knowledge of current cleaning techniques and security operations
- Self-motivated and results orientated with effective inter personal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload and delegate effectively to direct reports
- Ability to have difficult conversations with staff in a constructive fashion
- Willingness to travel across Scotland and Ireland
Visit site: Service Manager – OCS