Referenece Library – Forum Blogs – Door Supervision
Security Officer MOD Facility Location: Millom, Cumbria LA19 5YR Hours: Various Shifts covering a 24/7 Security Operation
Due to a recently won contract Mitie is currently looking to add a number of SIA trained Security Officers to join the Total Security Management Team based on site at our Defence sector client in Millom, Cumbria. Reporting to the Security Team Leader the Security Officer is responsible for ensuring that the client s premises are protected and secure by carrying out control room, patrols and search duties whilst ensuring that all staff, contractors and visitors receive five star customer services. Job Details
- Restricting and controlling access to the establishment and operational buildings by enforcing the correct site access policies.
- To validate visitor identification and be responsible for the allocation and receipt of keys and passes.
- To process access requests and issue passes to employees, visitors and contractors in accordance with site security procedures.
- To be proficient in the use of the on-site computer based CCTV, Access Control and Visitor Management systems.
- To monitor fire and security systems and to investigate and respond to alarm activations.
- Carry out internal and external foot and mobile patrols in accordance with instructions.
- Conduct baggage and vehicle searches and compile security reports.
- Deal with lost, found and deposited property in accordance with instructions.
Key Skills & Experience
- Frontline Security Guarding, Door Supervision or Close Protection SIA licence (or have passed the relevant SIA training and hold valid certificates).
- A full five year checkable employment / education history
- Experience of delivering excellent Customer Service
- Previous experience in a security environment is desirable not essential
- Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
- Calm under pressure.
- Have understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Criminal, Civil Law and Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
- Ideally hold SC/DV Clearance or be able to obtain once employed
Successful applications for the position Security Officer, you would be required to work a variety shifts on in return you will be offered a competitive hourly rate, holiday allowance, pension as well as a range of company benefits.
You will also have access to comprehensive and ongoing training, free uniform and fully funded SIA renewal
To apply for the positions of Security Officer please follow the apply now function
See the original article here: Security Officer – MOD Facility – MITIE Security – Millom LA19
Job Ref: LON/REC/002 Are you an individual who puts customer service at the heart of everything you do? Can you be our ambassador of the Ward Security brand of quality and excellence?
If so, we want to hear from you. We now have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to make a real difference and join our team. You will have a proven track record and previous experience of operational management and employee engagement & training.
What is the role? We have a Receptionist vacancy. All roles are subject vetting to a 5 year checkable history.
Where is it based? In our London Region (Central London) at our client s Sites in Brentford What is the Salary?
26,000 per annum Working Pattern: Monday-Friday, 0800-1800 hrs
How to apply: To apply for this role simply click on the Apply button below to complete our online application form Who are we?
Ward Security provides a security services solutions to all UK businesses. Security services include: CCTV security systems, property management, guard dog security, key holding services, security guard patrol services, response alarm systems and more. With over 800 employees operating nationally we seek the best talent to uphold our vision to be the most trusted Security Partner in the UK. Ward Security recruit, train and reward the very best staff, complemented by the latest technology and communications to ensure the highest levels of security and Client service. Read about us @ www.ward-security.co.uk What is the main purpose of the role?
The role is responsible for coordinating deliveries, organising travel arrangements for staff, the first person to meet and greet members of the public and staff. Main responsibilities will include:
- Meet and greet clients and members of the public entering the premises
- To effectively control the access to the client s premises, examining documentation to ascertain the authenticity and authority to gain access.
- Answering internal and external phone calls, ensuring they are forwarded to the appropriate person
- When required to assist and escort visitors to their destinations within the clients complex.
- Book meeting rooms
- Arrange couriers for internal clients
- Where provided to provide monitoring functions to CCTV and alarm functions. To be aware of the operation of those functions and to respond as required.
- To submit detailed reports on discovery of issues relating to health and safety and crime to the relevant authority either verbally or in report form as required.
- To maintain a log of all visitors, incidents and any other records that may be required by the client.
- To maintain the clients key safe to issue and record all movements of keys within the clients premises.
- Successful candidates should be reliable and punctual, possessing:
What experience and skills do I need?
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational skills
- An analytical and methodical approach to problems
- Be able to act quickly and decisively
- Have a good eye for detail and attention to detail
- Ability to use your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Possess a Customer focused approach
- Initiative and self-motivation
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- A high standard of personal presentation
- A can do attitude
- Essential that you hold an SIA Licence for security guarding or door supervision
- Applicants must hold a five year work or back to school checkable history
Ward Security are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Ward Security is pleased to announce that it has become a Recognised Service Provider working alongside the Living Wage Foundation. The achievements means Ward Security and all its subsidiaries meet the standards set by Citizens UK and Centre for Civil Society for good practice by providers of personnel under contract.
See the article here: Receptionist – Ward Security
9.45 an hour – Part-time Clink Hostels, a privately owned, award winning, fast growing hostel business looking for someone to join our night security team on a 0 hour contract basis. You will be basically covering Sunday/Monday shifts + holidays; the gross hourly rate is 9.45 p/h – NOT cash in hand.
The shifts are either 20-4:30 or 22-6:30, (including 30 minutes unpaid break). The role involves: – ensuring the safety of staff and guests by dealingappropriately with individuals who are misbehaving, causing disruption or have broken Hostel Rules- ensuring all four licensing objectives are met.These are: a) prevention of crime and disorder, b) public safety, c) prevention of public nuisance, d) protection of children from harm. – being responsible for keeping external complaints (i.e. about noise or disruptions) to a minimum- keeping up to date and accurate Patrol logs of all complaints and actions taken- ensuring difficult guest are dealt with fairly, consistently and promptly.- being fully aware at all times of what is happening at the time both on the premises and in the immediate vicinity- dealing with customers who do not necessarily speak English
Required: – a full SIA license – excellent communication skills- ability to diffuse difficult situation calmly and professionally- a positive and approachable attitude Desirable: – previous experience in a similar role – previous experience working in the Hostel/Hotel industry- ability to speak at least one other European languagePlease email your CV and covering letter for our consideration.
Due to amount of applications, you will only be contacted if you are selected for an interview. Job Type: Part-time Salary: 9.45 /hour
Job Type: Part-time
Required licence or certification:
- Door Supervision SIA license
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: 9.45 /hour
View the original here:
Night Security – Sunday/Monday/Holidays