Referenece Library – Forum Blogs – Door Supervision
Job Ref: LON/REC/002 Are you an individual who puts customer service at the heart of everything you do? Can you be our ambassador of the Ward Security brand of quality and excellence?
If so, we want to hear from you. We now have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to make a real difference and join our team. You will have a proven track record and previous experience of operational management and employee engagement & training.
What is the role? We have a Receptionist vacancy. All roles are subject vetting to a 5 year checkable history.
Where is it based? In our London Region (Central London) at our client s Sites in Brentford What is the Salary?
26,000 per annum Working Pattern: Monday-Friday, 0800-1800 hrs
How to apply: To apply for this role simply click on the Apply button below to complete our online application form Who are we?
Ward Security provides a security services solutions to all UK businesses. Security services include: CCTV security systems, property management, guard dog security, key holding services, security guard patrol services, response alarm systems and more. With over 800 employees operating nationally we seek the best talent to uphold our vision to be the most trusted Security Partner in the UK. Ward Security recruit, train and reward the very best staff, complemented by the latest technology and communications to ensure the highest levels of security and Client service. Read about us @ www.ward-security.co.uk What is the main purpose of the role?
The role is responsible for coordinating deliveries, organising travel arrangements for staff, the first person to meet and greet members of the public and staff. Main responsibilities will include:
- Meet and greet clients and members of the public entering the premises
- To effectively control the access to the client s premises, examining documentation to ascertain the authenticity and authority to gain access.
- Answering internal and external phone calls, ensuring they are forwarded to the appropriate person
- When required to assist and escort visitors to their destinations within the clients complex.
- Book meeting rooms
- Arrange couriers for internal clients
- Where provided to provide monitoring functions to CCTV and alarm functions. To be aware of the operation of those functions and to respond as required.
- To submit detailed reports on discovery of issues relating to health and safety and crime to the relevant authority either verbally or in report form as required.
- To maintain a log of all visitors, incidents and any other records that may be required by the client.
- To maintain the clients key safe to issue and record all movements of keys within the clients premises.
- Successful candidates should be reliable and punctual, possessing:
What experience and skills do I need?
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational skills
- An analytical and methodical approach to problems
- Be able to act quickly and decisively
- Have a good eye for detail and attention to detail
- Ability to use your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Possess a Customer focused approach
- Initiative and self-motivation
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- A high standard of personal presentation
- A can do attitude
- Essential that you hold an SIA Licence for security guarding or door supervision
- Applicants must hold a five year work or back to school checkable history
Ward Security are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Ward Security is pleased to announce that it has become a Recognised Service Provider working alongside the Living Wage Foundation. The achievements means Ward Security and all its subsidiaries meet the standards set by Citizens UK and Centre for Civil Society for good practice by providers of personnel under contract.
See the article here: Receptionist – Ward Security
9.45 an hour – Part-time Clink Hostels, a privately owned, award winning, fast growing hostel business looking for someone to join our night security team on a 0 hour contract basis. You will be basically covering Sunday/Monday shifts + holidays; the gross hourly rate is 9.45 p/h – NOT cash in hand.
The shifts are either 20-4:30 or 22-6:30, (including 30 minutes unpaid break). The role involves: – ensuring the safety of staff and guests by dealingappropriately with individuals who are misbehaving, causing disruption or have broken Hostel Rules- ensuring all four licensing objectives are met.These are: a) prevention of crime and disorder, b) public safety, c) prevention of public nuisance, d) protection of children from harm. – being responsible for keeping external complaints (i.e. about noise or disruptions) to a minimum- keeping up to date and accurate Patrol logs of all complaints and actions taken- ensuring difficult guest are dealt with fairly, consistently and promptly.- being fully aware at all times of what is happening at the time both on the premises and in the immediate vicinity- dealing with customers who do not necessarily speak English
Required: – a full SIA license – excellent communication skills- ability to diffuse difficult situation calmly and professionally- a positive and approachable attitude Desirable: – previous experience in a similar role – previous experience working in the Hostel/Hotel industry- ability to speak at least one other European languagePlease email your CV and covering letter for our consideration.
Due to amount of applications, you will only be contacted if you are selected for an interview. Job Type: Part-time Salary: 9.45 /hour
Job Type: Part-time
Required licence or certification:
- Door Supervision SIA license
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: 9.45 /hour
View the original here:
Night Security – Sunday/Monday/Holidays
Croma Vigilant Security Services are currently recruiting for an experienced Security Supervisor / Team Leader to work at one of our prestigious sites in Central London. Scope: Working 4 on 4 off (days & nights 12 hour shifts) the post holder will report to the Site Manager with responsibility for day-to-day security functions.
In addition the Supervisor / Team Leader will assist in directing a team ensuring the safety of employees, visitors and protection of company property. Pay rate 12.47 per hour. Candidate Profile:
- Frontline Security Guarding or Door Supervision SIA licence
- Must have Supervisor / Team Leader experience in a similar role.
- Must be Ex-Military
- Fully comprehensive 5 year work/education history; including full company names, addresses and landline contact numbers.
- Perform required duties as requested by Building Management.
- Strong management skills.
- Approachable and confident in a corporate environment.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Good communication skills at all levels; having the ability to be decisive and assertive as well as a strong customer service ethic.
- A disciplined, conscientious and responsible attitude to work.
Able to prioritise and handle tasks in an efficient manner.
- Remain calm under pressure.
- Experience in security systems (CCTV).
- Fully IT literate.
- Ensure that all team members follow the daily rota, and provide appropriate levels of cover to deliver the operational requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- Security Team Leader: 1 year
Required licence or certification:
Visit site: Security Supervisor / Team Leader