Reference Library – Forum Blogs
Security Officer MOD Facility Location: Millom, Cumbria LA19 5YR Hours: Various Shifts covering a 24/7 Security Operation
Due to a recently won contract Mitie is currently looking to add a number of SIA trained Security Officers to join the Total Security Management Team based on site at our Defence sector client in Millom, Cumbria. Reporting to the Security Team Leader the Security Officer is responsible for ensuring that the client s premises are protected and secure by carrying out control room, patrols and search duties whilst ensuring that all staff, contractors and visitors receive five star customer services. Job Details
- Restricting and controlling access to the establishment and operational buildings by enforcing the correct site access policies.
- To validate visitor identification and be responsible for the allocation and receipt of keys and passes.
- To process access requests and issue passes to employees, visitors and contractors in accordance with site security procedures.
- To be proficient in the use of the on-site computer based CCTV, Access Control and Visitor Management systems.
- To monitor fire and security systems and to investigate and respond to alarm activations.
- Carry out internal and external foot and mobile patrols in accordance with instructions.
- Conduct baggage and vehicle searches and compile security reports.
- Deal with lost, found and deposited property in accordance with instructions.
Key Skills & Experience
- Frontline Security Guarding, Door Supervision or Close Protection SIA licence (or have passed the relevant SIA training and hold valid certificates).
- A full five year checkable employment / education history
- Experience of delivering excellent Customer Service
- Previous experience in a security environment is desirable not essential
- Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
- Calm under pressure.
- Have understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Criminal, Civil Law and Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
- Ideally hold SC/DV Clearance or be able to obtain once employed
Successful applications for the position Security Officer, you would be required to work a variety shifts on in return you will be offered a competitive hourly rate, holiday allowance, pension as well as a range of company benefits.
You will also have access to comprehensive and ongoing training, free uniform and fully funded SIA renewal
To apply for the positions of Security Officer please follow the apply now function
See the original article here: Security Officer – MOD Facility – MITIE Security – Millom LA19
SVS RISK GROUP is currently recruiting Polish Team Leaders and Polish Maritime Security Officers for immediate deployments. Candidates must have at least 4 years’ military experience from an infantry or all arms background and an operational tour/mission within the last 7 years. All applicants must have the following documents and qualifications: Minimum of 4 years regular military service with recent frontline operational/mission experience Valid Polish passport Seaman’s Book Maritime Security Officer (MSO) qualification City & Guilds Maritime Firearms Competency Certificate STCW10 (formerly STCW95) – all 5 modules Letter of Clear Mental Health ENG1 Medical Certificate CRB clearance Yellow Fever Vaccination Card Approved Trauma Medical Course For more information follow the link below.
Polish Maritime Security Officers – PALADIN JOBS
Continue reading here: Polish Maritime Security Officers
‘Narco-deforestation’: cocaine trade destroying swaths of Central America Drug trade s efforts to launder profits by creating agricultural land results in loss of millions of acres https://www.theguardian.com/environm…entral-america