Reference Library – England – Northamptonshire
We require Two security guards to secure our clients site in Great Billing , duties will include securing the site once all workers have left for the day and conducting regular patrols to stop trespassing and maintain health and safety on site. A professional manner and common sense approach is essential , hours will be in the region of 44.5 per week. Job Type: Full-time
Salary: 7.50 /hour
Required licence or certification:
We have a role for an experienced Security Officer to join our team working a 7-day fortnight shift pattern, 6am to 6pm. To serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifies company personnel of visitor arrival; maintains security and telecommunications system. Main duties include:
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer’s instructions for house phone and console operation.
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers.
- Working as part of a team to provide Conflict Resolution assistance at premises where there is potential for conflict
- A valid front line SIA License or current certificate of completion of SIA front line training.
- Ideally holds a valid First Aid Certificate.
- Some experience of working within a Facilities environment.
- Ability to use initiative when required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in all Microsoft packages Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Flexible in approach and responds positively to working under pressure.
- Professional/smart appearance
Job Type: Full-time
Required licence or certification:
Fisherman who caught 200kg grouper fish feared it had swallowed SECURITY GUARD when they found gold badge …
He also said selling the fish at the local market became harder once locals feared it had eaten someone for its dinner. Arnold Constantino landed the 200kg beast in a trawler’s net off the coast of Kalibo, Philippines, on April 25. He dragged the seven-foot long predator to the local market where workers sliced it open to check it could be sold.
But they were horrified when they found a shiny gold badge inside its stomach that appeared to belong to a security officer.
The grouper weighed 200kg and was seven foot long (Photo: Viral Press)
Mystified locals believe the fish had eaten the badge by mistake – or swallowed the dead body of someone who had drowned at sea. Arnold told local radio that it was the biggest grouper he had caught, with the largest versions usually weighing in around 100kg.
He said: “This one was big . I pulled it in at 6am and went straight to the market to see how much I could sell it for.
“We sliced it open to check the meat, to see how much it was worth . And then the badge was found inside.
“Nobody knows why there was a badge inside . It caused some panic . Did it attack somebody, or swallow someone missing at sea ? We are not sure.
“Selling the fish was harder when traders thought it might have eaten a human .
I had to take a lower price.”
They found a security badge inside the fish (Photo: Viral Press)
Groupers – also known as lapu-lapu fish in Asia or hammour fish in the Middle East – snare other fish by swallowing them whole.
The biggest one ever caught is believed to have been in Costa Rica in 2010 weighing some 250kg.