Reference Library – England – Middlesex
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and – most of all – deliver to the public.
Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
The West London Alliance (WLA) is a partnership between seven West London local authorities of Barnet, Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Hillingdon and Hounslow. With over 17 years’ experience in partnership working, the WLA is committed to an enduring programme of collaboration and innovation to improve outcomes for West London. We are looking to recruit a number of Civil Enforcement Officers based from either: Parking Office, Bridge Road Depot, Pears Road, Hounslow, Middlesex, TW3 1SQ, or The Parking Office, Chiswick Town Hall, Heathfield Terrace, Chiswick, London, W4 4JN
Your role To enforce all on-street permitted parking regulations in all controlled zones/beats, in accordance with the Traffic Management Act 2004 in the WLA Council s Boroughs. To issue Penalty Charge Notices (PCN s) using a hand-held computer terminal (HHCT) to vehicles found to be in contravention of the parking regulations. To authorise the removal of vehicles in accordance with policy using the HHCT. To record, report and take appropriate action on any defects found in street furniture, including signs and road markings, or any suspect vehicles in accordance with local procedure. To attend when necessary adjudication hearings to give supporting information in connection with contested PCNs.
To represent the Company and the Council by promoting good public relations, providing advice and information concerning parking related matters, whenever asked, in a courteous manner. To ensure copies of all PCN or Warning Notice tickets are printed and handed in with all necessary paperwork at the end of each shift or working day. To carry out the duties of the post with due regard to the Company s equal opportunities policy. To be flexible carry out any other duties as and when required by the management. To undertake additional duties as required, commensurate with the level of the job. About you
Previous experience of working with members of the public and in a customer service. Ability to work flexible hours on a 24 hour/365 day shift pattern, including weekends and bank holidays as required. You will hold a City and Guilds Level 2 for Civil Enforcement Officers (Parking) or Security Industry Authority (SIA) and a full UK Driving Licence. You will have the ability to act in a professional and courteous manner whilst maintaining the reputation of both Serco and the Local Authority as a public facing officer. Good interpersonal skills including the ability to act with tact, sensitivity and diplomacy. If interested, please upload a copy of your CV to apply.
In return we offer a competitive salary. Full training will be provided. On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
Phillips is an international auction house, conducting sales of 20th Century and Contemporary Art, Photographs, Design, Modern & Contemporary Editions, Jewels and Watches. Phillips is currently seeking a flexible, organised and motivated individual to fill a permanent, full-time, Security Day Host position in our Operations department. Based in London, the role will involve, ensuring that consistently high standards of security, safety and customer care are delivered at all times to staff, assets and visitors on site.
- Ensuring the security and safety of all staff, contractors and working colleagues;
- Protecting the assets of Phillips by following recognised best practice techniques/procedures;
- Ensuring the security and safety of the building;
- Effectively organising and managing workloads as required without compromising the quality of the service provision;
- Responding to emergencies and assisting with the evacuation and searching of the building by following all requirements of the site Emergency Response Procedures
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Participating and contributing positively to the security team, by attending meetings as required and providing reports and recommendations on the activities of the security operation;
- Showing commitment to Health & Safety and ensuring that you are familiar with all Phillips Health & Safety policies and procedures. Encouraging observance of all site security & safety policies in particular, ensuring that the access control, key control, smoking and Health & Safety policies are observed and enforced;
- Performing verification checks of all the security equipment located within the areas of work ensuring that all systems are fully operational and where they are not, initiating corrective action;
- Responding to all incidents in a timely and effective manner by directing the activities of all affected persons, aimed at all times to safeguard the assets of Phillips ensuring that direction from the Security Manager is sought where appropriate;
- Maintaining all required records as directed by the Security Manager;
- Participating with and applying recognised techniques when conducting entry and exit searches as a part of the management of effective access control procedures;
- Maintaining a polite and effective meet and greet service to all staff and visitors, whilst strictly observing access control procedures;
- Reporting building/equipment fault reports and where appropriate escalating to the Facilities Manager;
- Ensure that the prescribed unlock/lockdown procedures are conducted correctly at the start and end of each shift;
- Liaising with the Security Manager to ensure that adequate levels of security are maintained during the life of any event and completing any additional closedown checks that are required after the event has concluded;
- Performing any other ad hoc duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role within a luxury brand environment and experience of the correct use of security technology (integrated CCTV & alarms.) You will be confident, well presented and customer focused.
You will have a good level of Microsoft office skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate in a professional manner with a wide variety of people. Working efficiently both as part of a team and upon you own initiative, you will have excellent problem solving skills as well has a high level of attention to detail. You should also have a valid SIA license.
Job Type: Permanent
Required licence or certification:
- SIA Door Supervisor Licence
Last Updated: 23/12/16 8:56am
Melbourne Cricket Ground, which hosts the traditional Boxing Day Test
Cricket Australia has assured fans that security will be tight for the traditional Boxing Day Test in Melbourne. Australia will begin Monday’s second Test against Pakistan with a one-nil lead in the three-match series, which follows a foiled terror plot targeting prominent sites in Melbourne. Counter-terrorism police and Australia’s domestic spy agency in Victoria recently conducted overnight raids on homes in the suburbs of Melbourne where they arrested six men and a woman. With obvious concerns over the historic fixture, which starts on December 26, Cricket Australia’s chief executive James Sutherland said: “Our security team is in contact with the relevant authorities to ensure we have the appropriate level of security at the Boxing Day Test and other cricket matches being held around the country.
“The safety and security of our fans, players and officials attending any cricket match is our number one priority. “We applaud Victoria Police for their efforts this morning in neutralising the threat and we will continue to work with the relevant authorities to ensure the highest security standards and protocols are maintained.” Australia’s Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has praised counter-terrorism police for foiling the ‘Islamist terrorist plot’ planning to target iconic locations on Christmas Day1. He said: “This is one of the most substantial terrorist plots that have been disrupted over the last several years. “They have been thwarted . They are in custody .
They are no longer a threat to Australians’ security.
“What these criminals seek to do is to kill, but they also seek to frighten us, to cower us into abandoning our Australian way of life, they want to frighten and divide Australians.”