Reference Library – Door Supervisors
Applicants must hold a valid SIA Door Supervisor licence Good communication skills and confidence will be essential as this is a roaming role around the venues. Previous experience would be highly advantageous but each candidate will be assessed on their merits.
Seasonal position with up to 30 hours per week. Please submit your details, previous experience and full contact details. Please Note: We are unable to offer accommodation with these positions.
Applicants must live in an easily commutable distance of the park (EX34 7HW)
The SIA welcomes the spotlight being shone on the continuing need for recruitment and retention of good quality staff in the events sector. The report raises some health challenges about how adequately the current market is supplying qualified and vetted security operatives and the problems that losing skilled staff represents to the industry.
A figure of 40% reduction in renewals of SIA licences has been cited in the reporting of the study. It is worth setting this in context:
- This figure has been derived from some possible projections that the SIA had commissioned in early 2016.
- The data quoted from the projections are only about SIA Door Supervision licences (the most relevant licence to the events sector) and not the whole regulated security industry.
- The projection represents the worst-case-future-scenario based on certain modelling techniques and is not intended as an accurate picture of the current position in the industry.
The Benchmarking Security and Stewarding Resourcing study correctly highlights that a significant proportion of people do not renew their three year SIA licence. Each year these exiting licence holders are usually replaced by new applicants for SIA licences, so that the overall number of licence holders does vary to a degree, but not as significantly as suggested by some recent reporting. Our records show that the actual number of people holding door supervision licences has fallen between 2013 and 2017 by about 10%.
The data should not be interpreted as a 40% reduction in the number of SIA licence holders who decide to renew their licences but this does not mean that the industry are not currently facing significant difficulties in the recruitment and retention of quality staff
- The SIA licences certain sectors within the private security industry.
Door Supervisors are required for security work in relation to licensed premises and events.
- SIA licences (except vehicle immobilisation in Northern Ireland) last for a period of three years.
- For your further information, we show below the number of SIA Door Supervision licence holders at the 31st March since 2011.
- The London 2012 Games had some impact on licence application numbers.
- The table below shows the number of door supervision licence holders in each year from 2011 – 2017
SIA Door Supervision Licence Holders 2011-2017 Year (31st March) Licence Holders 2011203,854 2012208,680 2013224,619 2014221,288 2015219,590 2016200,523 2017201,821
You can download the report Benchmarking Security and Stewarding Resourcing here. Further information:
- The Security Industry Authority is the organisation responsible for regulating the private security industry in the United Kingdom, reporting to the Home Secretary under the terms of the Private Security Industry Act 2001. The SIA’s main duties are: the compulsory licensing of individuals undertaking designated activities; and managing the voluntary Approved Contractor Scheme.
- For further information about the Security Industry Authority or to sign up for email updates visit www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk.
SIA Door Supervisors Required Nice and Secure South London Pay Rate: 10.00 – 12:00 per hour (Starting Rate based on experience) Nice and Secure is currently looking for a Professional and Presentable Security Officer to join one of our prestigious restaurant contracts in South London Clapham. The ideal candidate will have previous customer service experience, combined with extremely strong communication skills. Job Role: Hosting / Meet & Greet Duration: Thursday, Friday, Saturday 21:30 till 02:30 (Additional Hours and Days Available at other Venues)
- Door Supervisor or Close Protection (Valid SIA license)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer service focused.
- Friendly, professional and well spoken.
- Experience with Greeting customers.
- Well presented, groomed and smart appearance.
- Well spoken English
- Availability Monday through to Sunday, full or part time welcome.
We are Nice and Secure! It s in the name “Nice”. Our services are used by some of the best and successful venues and events in Central London. Unlike many security companies, we focus on delivering great customer service over the typical tough & rough security approach. Applicants must hold a valid (Security Industry Authority) SIA Door Supervisor or Close Protection license. Must have experience working within nightlife venues and events environment with a major focus on great customer service is desirable but not required to apply.
Ongoing training will be provided to the right people. Candidates are expected to be immaculately presented, groomed and take pride in their professional appearance and work, as it is a key factor in our company. We have work all year round with a mix of events, shows (Art, Music & Fashion) and regular venues that are both day/evening base, which will keep the right candidates busy and work dynamic throughout their time with Nice and Secure.
This is a Self-employed ZERO HOUR CONTRACT position, and must have a Unique Tax Reference Number or Willing to apply. Applicants must have the proven right to work in the UK. If you would like to apply, please send a recent CV including a PHOTO OF YOURSELF & a PHOTO of your valid SIA License badge.
Successful applicants will be invited for a phone interview before a formal interview at our office based near Bethnal Green Tube Station. Job Type: Part-time Salary: 10.00 /hour
- Clapham Common Station
Required licence or certification:
- SIA Door Supervisor or Close Protection
Continued here: SIA Door Supervisor – Nice and Secure