Reference Library – Door Supervisors
Elite Security NW Ltd, are offering the opportunity to join a well respected and leading security company, working in Port Talbot Elite’s key client portfolio boasts premium branded pub and club chains nationwide. We are looking for Door Supervisors who posses a proven track record of working within the pub/club industry. Excellent communication and customer service skills are essential. The ability to carry out duties to a high standard is expected. You must be able to respond appropriately and professionally to any incidents, be health and safety conscious, a reliable team player and be flexible to adapt to the demands of the industry. We offer successful applicants regular hours – Friday and Saturday evenings 8 pm to 2 am with additional hour available depending on venue and own flexibility. 11:00 per hour – Door Supervisor For an immediate start please submit your SIA badge number when you apply.
Job Type: Permanent
- Door supervisory: 1 year
Required licence or certification:
- SIA Door Supervisor Licence
SIA Door Supervisor – Elite Security NW LTD
There have been several recent incidents involving door supervisors that have resulted in serious injury, or worse, to members of the public. In some cases these injuries have been attributed to the use of so-called vascular restraints . These are also known as chokeholds , and are extremely dangerous.
These techniques are not part of SIA required training for licenced operatives, and should not be used.
There appears to be a belief among some operatives that these are legitimate restraints, mandated for use by law enforcement agencies. Please be aware that the use of neck restraints by police officers both here and in the United States has been prohibited for almost 30 years. For best practice we recommend that security operatives should only use the techniques that they have been trained to use as part of their SIA-linked training on physical intervention. Security operatives must remember that there are always risks associated with using physical intervention. Applying force or pressure to the neck, spine, vital organs, or vulnerable parts of the body can result in serious injury or even death. Such techniques must be avoided. Physical intervention must always be used as a last resort, and the least forceful intervention practicable must be used.
Please see below our recent publications Safer Physical Intervention for Door Supervisors , and A Guide to Safer Physical Restraint .
SIA safer physical intervention for door supervisors (download size: 1,036kb)
SIA guide to safer restraint (download size: 78kb)
Job Summary WOULD you be interested in working in an SIA role for JDAM Security at exciting events/ sites in Wales? We are recruiting for Casual Staff both male & female (SIA), so apply now for a chance to take up one of these positions. Casual Security Staff (SIA)
The hours of work available are varied and flexible.You will form an essential part of the venue safety management team, controlling entry and maintaining good order whilst being aware of and ensuring the absolute care, comfort and well-being of a range of audiences.We strive to achieve a high level of customer care and to ensure all customers receive a good experience and service. MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Screening a person’s suitability to enter the event or venue e.g. individuals under the influence of alcohol or drugs or demonstrating anti social behaviour.
- This includes those who are searching bags to ensure that there is no unauthorised access or any damage to property or injury to others.
- Searching of persons and/or property to prevent items that are unauthorised or illegal from entering the premises e.g.
cameras, alcohol, drugs or weapons.
- Responding to incidents within crowds, queues or the audience to control behaviour which is antisocial, undesirable or likely to result in harm to others.
- Ejecting individuals from a venue or event or designated area e.g. concert pit or backstage areas
- Protecting a pitch, track or other identifiable area from spectators or others with the intention of preventing damage to property or persons.
- Providing a security presence to prevent and detect crime within a designated area.
- Guarding a property and/or equipment in site during the setup and breaking down of, for example, an event or exhibition.
- Patrolling the perimeter of an event to prevent unauthorised entry gained by individuals, through the climbing or breaching of any fences or barriers, or through being let in via an access
Please note: You must be the holder of a current SIA Licence (Door Supervisor/Close Protection) for this role. Job Type: Security Officer : 9.00 – 12.00 /hour
- Various venues/sites throughout Wales
- High school or equivalent
- but does not matter if you don’t have experience:
Required licence or certification:
- Driver’s License
- SIA Door supervisors or Close protection license
Salary: 9 – 12.00 /hour
Read this article:
Security Officer – JDAM Security